Realistically, we won't be promoted this season

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Realistically, we won't be promoted this season

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:57 am

It's League One for next season, based on our results from the start of December.

12 games. Possible 36 Points.

Dec W2 D2 L1 Points lost 7
Jan W1 D1 L0 Points lost 2
Feb W1 D1 L3 Points lost 14 Total Points Lost 23

On this form we will be overtaken by Alloa for 2nd place, and very possibly Montrose, where both their recent results show a winning consistency.

We know 2nd play 3rd to see who faces 4th v 2nd bottom of Championship. If we finish 4th can anyone se us beating an ICT team? Even finishing 2nd or 3rd, we would probably still face Alloa, and they are flying at this stage. Can you see Accies winning both games overall to then meet the winner of 4th v 2nd bottom of Championship, and winning that over two legs?

On paper, we have far better depth of squad and supposedly better players. In practice, they are way off a solid and effective unit.

The loss of Kyle McDonald to a serious injury, (one of our best signings this season), is a major blow at this stage, but it should NOT be the only reason for our present situation. It's clear to many of us that this group of individuals, paid as full time professionals, have shown to date that they have not been best managed to produce the results expected of them.

The Board has shown faith in recruitment costs, but the management team, AND the players, have shown themselves to be quite incapable of meeting their targets.

Some of us older supporters have seen us languish in League 1 before, and even a season in League 2. For younger supporters, you now face the real prospect of the Seaside Leagues for some time, if there are to be no immediate changes in the coaching side's capabilities of finding a consistent winning team for the remaining ten games.

Grim reading!
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Realistically, we won't be promoted this season

Postby onlyagame » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Even as things stand, I would be really disappointed if we did not get through the first play off game, with this group of players. The final is another matter but if we had a bit of momentum going into it I think the team are well capable of going up. All that being said, its a terrible run and it looks like the Manager is in panic mode. I cant understand the refusal to use players he signed in January. McDonald is a huge miss especially with Scotty Martin out too, there is no getting away from that. The whole thing looks jaded and we need a couple of wins from somewhere to see if it kickstarts a revival somehow. Sadly I'm not sure where they come from at the minute.
onlyagame
Pub League

Return to The Accies