Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Stirling Albion .V. Accies - Tuesday, Feb 27th

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:27 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stirling Albion .V. Accies - Tuesday, Feb 27th

Postby AccieDownUnder » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:14 am

Stirling are an absolute gang of a squad and have only picked up one win in god knows how long against Edinburgh City. We should comfortably win this, I always think midweek suits full time teams big time as well with the majority of Stirlings side most probably working today plus the fact they won’t have had any training in since Saturday for proper recovery. Everything points to a 4-0 Accies win so why am I thinking we could end up scraping a draw? :lol:

Fly back tomorrow so will make a late call if I go to this. Head most definitely says no :D

Team wise I’d like us to go back to 4-3-3 with Tumilty back in the line up. The current back 4 gives you nothing going forward which is criminal for a team at the top end of the league. Williamson, Barjo and Davidson in midfield then Smith, Hastie plus one of Rose/O’Hara. As much as Rose and O’hara are decent I just don’t think shoehorning them into the same side is working. Play them against each other to keep competition healthy for that number 9 position.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 am

Stirling beat Kelty 5-0 a few weeks after we could only draw with them which was a few weeks after they put us out of the cup. 2-0 Stirling and a contract extension for Rankin.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:12 pm

Rankin rolling the dice again with a change of formation by the looks of it. Screams desperation and his inability to drop McGowan.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:44 pm

How much longer can he stay. Have some pride and walk man. On the flip side though, players deserve some flack too , more than a couple either not up to it or not up for it.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby monkeybones » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:54 pm

1 point from 12 is what relegation candidates get
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:05 am

The team seem to have well and truely given up and confidence is at a low.
There's no way they can just switch it on for the play offs, unfortunately it doesn't usually work that way.

Its a horrible position we are in with both fans and players losing interest week by week, our size of club cannot allow that to continue, which is why drastic action is required to stop the slide.

There aren't many positives to cling on to at the moment but Im hoping for better days to come soon.....please!!
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:40 am

According to the club, we had 169 there last night. That's nine more than went to Dumfries before we lost three in a row. Maybe some went specifically to call for Rankin to go, which is fair enough. I actually thought he picked the best team available to him last night, with the possible exception of Hastie starting, and it still wasn't good enough. I've only seen one person on here mention Kyle's horrific injury and wish him well, which I'd like to do too. For me he's been our best signing and I hope he can recuperate and get back to his best next season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:06 am

A lot still had tickets from the original game.
Gav
Championship

Postby AccieDownUnder » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:11 pm

Wow, that was truly awful last night. To change to a back 3 was wild and doesn’t really help us in any form at all. The only player it is a positive for is Tumilty who I felt had a good game. Really bizarre to sub him off given he was one of the only attacking outlets at the time.

I don’t want to be too hard on new players but a midfield of Davidson and Williamson doesn’t work for me. Davidson found a Stirling jersey more than an Accies one and lacks any real class. Hard worker yes.

Williamson on the other hand you can see has class but possesses very little discipline to play his position. He was all over the place leaving the team exposed. He’d possibly do better with a leader next to him but I’ve found it obvious since he joined why he has had to drop down a level for game time. He cost a goal against Annan by not tracking a runner, had zero desire to make a simple challenge for the first vs. Alloa and was caught multiple times last night. One of which McPake should have scored.

I’d like to persevere with Hendo up top. He missed a few chances but deserves a better run in the side.

If Seref is still backing Rankin then we are goners. I’ll be raging if he is sacked a week or two before the playoffs leaving a scramble to get something sorted. Now is the time to give a new manager time to implement his style and to come up with what he thinks is our best 11.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby onlyagame » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:17 pm

I actually think the back 5 or back 3 whatever you want to call it, suits Reghan better. I don't think he is the greatest defender and the right wing back role lets him get forward with a bit of security behind him. That's his strength. I wasn't there last night but I was bemused by the substitution, unless it was a knock. The central midfield area is a nightmare the now. From looking really good with Martin and McDonald in there, we now have neither. I'm unsure, why when we need a goal he doesn't bring Kirk on or change it up by bringing Smith or Hastie on to add a bit of width, but I wasn't there so dont want to be too critical. It seems by his interview he was content to go a grab a point and a clean sheet to have "something to build on." From the grand ambition and statements of intent at the start of the season to that seems quite bizarre to be honest. Maybe he is right and that point is a turning point... I really hope so!
onlyagame
Pub League

Return to The Accies