AHHH! Alloa on Saturday

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

AHHH! Alloa on Saturday

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:35 pm

We’ve just GOT to put Alloa to the sword on Saturday!
porcupine
Premiership

Re: AHHH! Alloa on Saturday

Postby AccieDownUnder » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:17 am

I think we will win but have a weird feeling that I’d prefer us to lose. We either go through the rest of the season with patchy form but Rankin staying in a job for the playoffs or we bomb a bit and allow for someone competent to be appointed. The biggest fear is it’ll be the club supremo selecting the next manager. Fucked either way.

Watching the highlights of Alloas defeat to Falkirk it looked like 5 going on 10. I just think they’re the best of the rest rather than being any good.

1-0 Accies. Great test for the playoffs I suppose.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:07 pm

Och do we have to!

Win and most fans (whats left us) will shrug. Lose and it will probably turn ugly. Cannae wait!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby StewartP » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:30 am

I’m missing the game today as I’m off to the rugby.

It’s a must win game for us. We need to build momentum for the play-offs and stop the rot. If we were to lose, I still don’t think the club would get rid of Rankin despite what we can all see on the pitch.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:42 am

Wonder if our club supremo will be in the dugout today?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Beckford » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:03 pm

That would really help with the atmosphere! Surely the board will have looked at the reaction he got last week and not be daft enough to allow him anywhere near the touchline.

Not exactly a vote of confidence for the manager if he does
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby yuggyboy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm

Shocking!! What more can I say? Taking off Rose? Words fail me! Tactics? What tactics!!!
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:36 pm

Really poor again. Laboured and slow and we look a broken team full of fear and lacking in confidence. Zero leadership and a game plan? What game plan?
We simply can not keep waiting until we comceed before frantically trying to chase the game.

Looks like I will miss the next two games due to work commitments, going by todays "crowd" I dont that many will bother either tbh. Most of the players body language suggest that they have chucked it and an awful lot of fans have done too.

To add insult to injury, I heard McGowan was slithering around the stand before the game and in the stand for the first half. Hopefully, it won't be long before he is gone once and for all. A massive rebuild is required, and getting him gone is a major part of thatl.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:46 pm

Turgid performance from a team of full time 'professionals', other than from Rose who looked dangerous as and when he had the ball. He's strong, cant be easily brushed off the ball, and was one of the few today that looked interested. Henderson when he came on was lively, but why, oh why, was Rose taken off at that stage?

Convinced that John Rankin hasn't a clue on how to pick, organise, and motivate 32 players who are on a full time contract. Said it before, we are stuck in this League for next season, and could well drift further downwards

No point in considering paying good money to travel to away games now. Season is finished. Goodnight. Nah, bad night :evil:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:12 pm

The biggest concern for me today was the lack of f**ks I gave when that 2nd goal went in. I really couldn’t care and I start to worry about the direction the club is heading. Falkirk were in this league for 5 seasons. Can we fund a full time side on 700 fans a week if we were to go that distance? Outside investment will only go so far and it’s a worrying time if I’m being honest. A real sliding doors moment coming up at the tail end of this season. We NEED Rankin and Strain out of this mess and employ competent personnel. Go up in the playoffs and it gives the fanbase hope. Stay down and I’m not sure where we go from here. 17 points behind the league leaders in February cannot meet the KPI’s. Falkirk well worthy winners, will I f**k be back for the final fixture in April against them.

Players wise today I thought the midfield were absolutely dug meat. What does Davidson and Williamson add that we never had before?
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:42 am

No surprise that result as the inevitable selection bingo unfolded.

A particular highlight was golden boy Winter replacing Kyle McDonald and leaden footed McGowan his usual “ imperious “ self.

That’s now 1 home win in 6; 12 home points dropped against part-timers and another game where our “superior fitness” results in a goal for a part-time side.

We are reverting back to the bad old days and fans are voting with their feet.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies