Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Annan Athletic - Sat, Feb 10th

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Annan Athletic - Sat, Feb 10th

Postby Billybamz » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:06 pm

3 points and a few goals would be a bonus..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:40 pm

Flight arrived into Glasgow airport at 11am, through security and pretty much straight to NDP jet lagged and cranky! By god that 90 minutes never helped the cause. That first 45 was an absolute shambles against a very poor Annan side. You can sense the nerves between the stands and the pitch and none of our players had the metal to go and play under those conditions.

I’ve repeatedly said a big difference between us and the leaders is leadership. They have it in abundance on and off the park where we really just have a squad of decent players with zero direction or leadership. The leagues done, get Rankin punted and take our time over the next appointment. We’ve comfortably got the 2nd best side in the league and can afford to take some time to get the appointment right to hit the playoffs flying.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:55 pm

Sorry but no more excuses and it's well past time for Rankin to go. Yet another gutless performance at home. No fight, no desire to win and that is not a team giving 100% for their manager.

An abject performance and even if it had finished as a draw it would still have been points dropped and unacceptable. I defy anyone to come on here and defend Rankins management.

Annan kept fighting even after we equalised, knew they could get another and deserved the win . Full of fight and belief, polar opposite of our performance
Last edited by Beckford on Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:56 pm

That''s plenty, enough is enough, the manager has to do the decent thing and go now.
Another embarrassing performance like the Montrose game.

We don't seem to have any clue on how to break teams down when in possession and the play ends up slow and very predictable- its been the same all season.

I believe the manager does try formation changes at times but regardless of that we end up with 5/6 players sitting across the opposition back line, so easy to defend, and the formation change adds nothing.
Nobody drops deep, we don't put teams under any real pressure and stretch them.

Subs seem to be random and too late at times also, Kirk coming on to late today for example.

We badly need some fresh ideas and an experienced manager to drive towards the play offs, being overly loyal will cost us another season in this league.

I can't even bring myself to talk about the game or players performances tbh, gutted again.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby manxaccie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:04 pm

Slow and pedestrian in attack. Never really comfortable at the back dealing with the rare Annan attacks. Creativity pretty much zero.

Annan were murder to watch, wasted time and fell over at every opportunity. From their point of view, everything went according to plan. The big no 10 won everything in the air and McGowan was hopeless throughout. Hastie and smith threatened at times in the first half but neither really did enough. Surprised that Hastie was hooked as early as halftime, although Barjonas on the left wing was about as likely as anyone to create something in the second half. Ohara didn’t offer much throughout. Rose looked a threat at times but difficult to judge.

I appreciate it must be difficult to break down teams when they sit in, but we really lacked ideas and creativity - not for the first time this season. Owens was about as effective as anyone today, Davidson ok and great finish, Longridge solid enough. As for the ref? Absolutely hopeless!!

Not sure where we go from here really. Falkirk are miles ahead of us, and I would be surprised if they don’t win next week.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:26 pm

The 90% who wanted him out turned today to 99.9% after that disaster which is a sacking in itself.

Yes,the Referee was a disgrace giving us no decisions and yes we hit the post at 2-2 but the fact we were in that position shows how bad it has become.

Taking off Hastie who was playing well and ending up with 4 strikers again shows he is just winging it.

Nine dropped points at home has handed the League to Falkirk,crowds dropping every week and no-one with any belief it will get better.

Get him out tonight and a new Manager has time to get us sorted for The Play offs.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:57 pm

What happened at the end with Barjo? Seemed like he was having a bit of words with some fans. To bite back after being defeated 3-2 at home to second bottom of the league is ludicrous.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:55 pm

Taking off Hastie and Macdonald at half time didn't make any sense. Hastie was doing well, one of the few. Kyle was ok and he showed last week he can play a defence-splitting pass. I would have kept Tumilty on too for his attacking, all three players had very good second halfs at Dumfries. Williamson started behind Davidson, why move him, then was left wing then seemed to be back where he started. He has too many players, he doesn't know what to do with them. Hewitt the latest to disappear. But we only showed real urgency at 2-2, for a few brief minutes we were exciting. Why not start that way? It was such a dull first half.

Special mention to Steven Kirkland the ref. Remember that name, he'll go far in today's game that seems to want to ban tackling. Two perfectly good tackles were rewarded with bookings. And what about that fall with no Accies player near him - free kick. Unbelievable. I thought the free kick that led to their second was another perfectly good tackle.

No point going to Falkirk now, even if we do somehow win they are still sitting pretty.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies