Getting our football club back?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Getting our football club back?

Postby OnlyHamilton » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:08 pm

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... cademical/

Not particularly too fussed about the artificial / grass part of this story, more so interested in seref saying he is looking to buy the stadium outright.

Board are certainly looking at delivering a lot of there promised made at the regular forums…
OnlyHamilton
Pub League

Re: Getting our football club back?

Postby Gilbaldo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:39 pm

I think it would be very good news and the fact that this news is coming out suggests that there's some truth to it. I really hope so.
As for the return to grass, this can only be good news despite the issues it raises for training and the women's and youth teams.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 pm

The long term future of the club is the main reason why this is potentially great news. Fully removing you know who from any connection to the club is the best way to do this. I freely admit to not being fully convinced initially with the change of ownership, However, the new regime quickly won me over by stating they wanted to remove those that did not have the clubs best interests at heart and that taking ownership of the stadium was a mid to long term priority. The announcement today shows they are working towards those goals which I fully support.

Mixed feelings about the surface debate tbh. Would always prefer us to play on grass, but the economic arguments for an artificial surface are obvious. There has been talk of creating some sort of training facility with an all weather pitch. If this was possible, we would have the best of both worlds. Paper talk of a new rule outlawing artificial surfaces in the top division may also be a motivation for this and shows ambition.

Great to see ambition from the club, but obviously there are concerns that too much too soon could create its own (potentially fatal) problems. Fingers crossed this is all based on sound business planning. As a seasoned veteran that's seen us play in all divisions, I personally would take ownership of the stadium, a club with a long term future and a board working to create a proper football club with a strong connection with its fan base over promotion this season. It feels like (although not perfect and I recognise there have been issues) this board are doing all they can to rebuild our club and hopefully they can achieve what they set out to do.

On a side note, I wonder if there's any chance McGowans working towards getting involved with Clyde. Really hope for them that they are not that desperate!!!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:26 am

I passed the Spice of Life stand the other day, and it's being kitted out in a plush, modern office look. Certainly looks nothing like the previously rumoured homeless units. Hopefully this is a much needed revenue stream.
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:09 pm

[quote="Beckford"] Fingers crossed this is all based on sound business planning. As a seasoned veteran that's seen us play in all divisions, I personally would take ownership of the stadium, a club with a long term future and a board working to create a proper football club with a strong connection with its fan base over promotion this season. /quote]

Also with five decades of supporter history, I agree with all the above, including future financial stability, against promotion this season. I'd also be counting my fingers after shaking hands on any deal to buy the stadium at this stage, given the history on that over the years. :roll:

But, it seems positive progress, and in the right direction. Best of luck, Mr Zengen!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:30 pm

Considering where we were a year ago as a club, huge strides have been taken to improve things both onn and off the park. I congratulate Serif for all the positivity around the club as a whole.

To move the club forward however we need to get shot of the leech that is McGowan, sucking the life out of the club. Lets hope that Serif can get the stadium back and we can move on
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies