Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Queen of the South .V. Accies - Sat, Feb 3rd

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:45 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Queen of the South .V. Accies - Sat, Feb 4th

Postby AccieDownUnder » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:36 pm

The last throw of the dice for Rankin I think. If we are 10/11 points behind Falkirk once on level games the league is gone imo. Win this and beat them in Grangemouth it gives us a fighting chance.

Any rumours of further ins and outs? I feel we have played this window incredibly wrong by throwing names publicly out in the open that they are not required only to now still be left with them. Very naive from the club. I also think they underestimated the difficulty of wheeling and dealing in the January market where players availability is pretty scarce. If there are any good finds to be had there's also numerous clubs above us in the pyramid who can provide a better level of football for loan options. The chat in December made me think they were hopeful of adding a marquee type signing AND a bit of experience/character to the side.

Looking at the squad, unless we see multiple players leaving I can only see room for a creative centre mid. Playing Williamson, Barjo and Macca as a 3 is far too defensive when we are dominating games in League 1 (especially at home) and having someone to break the lines is required.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:32 pm

With Owens being recalled it’s no surprise that O’Brien is away. But holy f**k that tweet is a red neck. Club Supremo? Imagine this weapon approaching clubs to try and sign some of their talent on loan. I’m surprised anyone actually deals with us at the moment. Embarrassing.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:15 pm

The only explanation for our social media content is that some one is playing a joke that no one else gets!

As above, what in the name of feck is a club supremo? have no idea but I do know a club like ours does not have one.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby StewartP » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:44 pm

Club supremo is a new low. It was something a child would write and think it was witty!
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 pm

‘Club supremo’!!

Who writes this s***?

Honestly, what a shambles our media and pr have been for years.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:59 pm

Swedish forward Joel Mumbongo, 25, has moved to
@OfficialQosFC
on temporary transfer until the end of the season. Joel had scored once in 11 apps for us since arriving from Tranmere in September. Best wishes to him

You know of course that he's gonna score a hatrick against us :)

And in even better news

Attacker
@dario_zanatta
(26) has today moved on and returned home to Canada and signed for
@Pacificfccpl
. Dario joined us in August 2022 and scored 7 times in 53 apps for us. Good wishes to Dario for the future
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:17 pm

I'm quite sure Mumbongo won't be allowed to play against his parent club. It happens in Germany but not in the UK.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:39 pm

Yeah you are correct. It’s now a rule he can’t play where before I think you had to stipulate in the loan contract.

Good to get these guys away but I’m hardly backslapping the DoF and Rankin considering they brought them in. O’Brien and Mumbungo literally half a season ago. Zero strategy or long term planning go into our signings. Desperation and hit and hope at its best. If I had a choice between Dario and Hastie I’d probably take Dario. Hopefully Mak is better than Mumbungo but it doesn’t feel like we’ve particularly strengthened this window.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:46 pm

How many defensive midfielders do we need? Considering this guys main position is right back he’s actually a clone of Macca. Nice of Strain to put his name against another bizarre signing.

ETA: this isn’t anything against the boy as a player. I’m sure he’s absolutely fine. It’s just the type of player I have a gripe with.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:55 pm

We really are the bogey team for QOS

Good 0-2 win with O Hara scoring 2. He is on fire at moment
smc4761
Premiership

Postby StewartP » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:09 pm

Smithy got first and o’hara the second according to the Twitter feed.

Good win but why did we put Kilday on and end up with 6 defenders on the park?
StewartP
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:34 pm

Much better today, particularly in second half. Struck bar once and post twice so score line just a lick of paint between 2-0 and 5-0. Any chances they had were ballooned over the bar. Jamie Smith rarely troubled.

Smithy took their goalies spill with speed and buried it into the roof of the net. Our second goal was a terrific through ball and buried by O'Hara. We were always on top today, with Hastie looking fitter and dangerous to play against. He looks a great addition. Akheem Rose looked powerful, fit and has pace so onwards to next week and a big favourable score-line to eat away at that goal difference.

Still much to do, though, to catch Falkirk.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:23 am

Credit where credit is due John Rankin got it correct yesterday and the midfield Diamond in particular of new signing Jake Davidson,Kyle McDonald and Jamie Barjonas played well together.

It will be interesting who gets picked when you add Ben Williamson and Scott Martin to the equation down the line.

In addition,Jake Hastie showed glimpses of the player he was 4 years ago which bodes well.

We should have won by more,but the main thing was confidence returning to the team after the second goal.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:37 am

Fantastic win under huge amounts of pressure. Fair play to the side and Rankin. We have been here before and one game doesn’t change anything for me. Win the next two and I’ll give Rankin the rest of the season.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:28 am

The big lad from Ayr unt ,looked really good for the whole 7 minutes he wiz on ,Davison looked the part decent calm midfielder,good age 23,we have definetly streathened in this window ,if falkirk hit a bad patch we can catch them ,if its the playoffs ,we look stronger for it .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:02 pm

I ended up quite enjoying yesterday. Yes we weren’t great in the first half, but I’ve seen us a lot worse. 2nd half I thought we were pretty good and could have scored a few more goals. Got to see a couple of new signings who looked promising.
My problem with yesterday was the abuse being hurtled at some of the team and Rankin when we were level and the game could have gone either way. Do you really think that helps ? You could see some of our players getting pissed off,
and our new signings must have wondered where they had landed.
It was clear that a few of the players couldn’t get off the pitch quickly enough, and it was only a couple of the new signings who tentatively walked towards the Accies fans.

Some of the vitriol from a few of our “supporters” was way out of order, and my message to them would be if the manager and certain players make you feel that angry, find something better to do with your Saturday afternoons like drinking Buckfast in the park and shouting at the ducks.

Like him or not John Rankin is going to be with us until the end of the season and the players on the park now are the ones who will determine our fate at the end of the season.
Get behind them, especially when they’re having a tough time. We all want the same thing.

Winning the league is going to be tough now, but not impossible. If our only chance of going up is via the playoffs so be it. We’ve done it before & can do it again. What I am certain of, is that shouting abuse at players, directors and the manager is certainly not going to increase our chances of promotion at the end of the season.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:21 pm

Totally agree dr slippy,we all no the fannys who were giving our team greiff,they wer,nt just giving our team abuse ,they were giving Accies fans abuse as well ,if they were away fans they would been ejected ,If you dont support the team then dont come ,theres kids at the games as well ,that dont need to hear this crap .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:31 pm

I was in The Main Stand and never heard any abuse, although to be fair I was a distance away.

Sounds to me like it was fans with a bevvy+nervous which explains it at 0-0 as we are walking a tightrope at the minute due to dropped points in recent games.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:36 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:My problem with yesterday was the abuse being hurtled at some of the team and Rankin when we were level and the game could have gone either way. Do you really think that helps ? You could see some of our players getting pissed off,
and our new signings must have wondered where they had landed.
It was clear that a few of the players couldn’t get off the pitch quickly enough, and it was only a couple of the new signings who tentatively walked towards the Accies fans.

Some of the vitriol from a few of our “supporters” was way out of order, and my message to them would be if the manager and certain players make you feel that angry, find something better to do with your Saturday afternoons like drinking Buckfast in the park and shouting at the ducks.

These dozen or so were just a complete embarrassment to the rest of us, and they should have been removed from the stadium by the 12/13 stewards who faced than off for a very long time. There was no doubt as to who they were, and their language was beyond acceptable even in a football ground.

Of course, we assumed they were crazed up by drink and/or drugs, perhaps wrongly, but they gave themselves and the team no credit for their performance. The two 'cheerleaders' should be identified by the Club and given an immediate ban, IMO.

Go away and do something else on a Saturday. e.g. An Anger Management Course!
porcupine
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies