Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Montrose - Sat, Jan 27th

Postby StewartP » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:47 pm

I’m going for a 2-0 win.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Billybamz » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:36 am

Hopfully we play well ,score a few goals ,but more important 3 points,,3.1 Accies
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:52 pm

Between now and end of season we have to win every game if we want auto promotion

We have had a few bumps recently so hopefully that is now out of our system. Falkirk also have a slght wobble at moment, we need to keep winning and hope they slip up.

Win is bare minimum but lets do it in style and a cheeky 3 -0 will do nicely
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:47 pm

smc4761 wrote:Between now and end of season we have to win every game if we want auto promotion

We have had a few bumps recently so hopefully that is now out of our system. Falkirk also have a slght wobble at moment, we need to keep winning and hope they slip up.

Win is bare minimum but lets do it in style and a cheeky 3 -0 will do nicely

Not Quite, smc4761! Goal Difference could be critical this season. Although both Accies and Falkirk have only let in 13 goals, they have scored 8 more, so a big scoreline is needed against every team, IMO. More 5-0's please.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:40 am

For me this is the game where we start our league charge towards the end of the season.
We've got our ropey spells out the way and are still within hitting distance in the league.
With Falkirk having a couple of bad results recently it's time to get some pressure on them.
Previous seasons tell you that they can crumble under pressure.
We've got to be near perfect though, but we've got to believe it's doable.

Let's go Accies!
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:57 pm

Games a bogey. Losing a goal yet again in last 10 minutes.

Falkirk run riot at Alloa 0-5

We have a decent squad but sadly a manager who is not capable to getting the best out of them.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby StewartP » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:31 pm

That was dreadful (and I’ve done well not to swear). Good finish from O’Hara but felt as though Montrose were always in the game even before half time.

I think we were too cagey and we struggled to hold onto the ball. Then when we did we didn’t create anything. Cannot criticise Jamie Smith or O’Hara. Rest of team were poor today IMO.

The day the league challenge officially ended.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Time for Strain and Rankin to walk and get someone competent in charge to give us the best chance possible of promotion through the playoffs. Wasting money on adding to an already inflated squad would be madness.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:07 pm

Awful. Lewis wasn't great but he was our only creative force. Absolutely nothing after he went off and nothing up front. Felt sorry for Tumilty, O'Hara and Kyle who put in great shifts. Hewitt did well yet he was hooked. Rankin doesn't have a f****** clue, please sack him this week. How can we lose that goal from a free kick with three centre halfs?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:49 pm

No excuses left for Rankin. Same negative defensive dross every week. We score a great goal early then once again revert to sitting in and trying to grind out a one nil win at home, pathetic and we got what we deserved. Yet again we create lots of chances but remain toothless going forward and gutless at the back. Felt sorry for O'hara as he worked hard all game with next to no support. I have to disagree regarding Lewis Smith as he was zero threat today and deserved to be subbed. (although he was not the only one who was poor and the subs made absolutely no impact yet again)

Win lose or draw, I will back my team as long as there is a desire to fight for every win. What we have seen too often this season is a team afraid to attack, reverting to back passing and players not willing to put themselves about. Falkirk approach every game with the right attitude and have the ruthless streak we are so clearly lacking.

I have seen nothing to suggest Rankin can create a team with the mentality win a play off. (Any ""title challenge" died when we collapsed against Falkirk) Bar a miracle, we will be in this league next season. Unfortunately i have no idea who would take the job or who we could get tbh, but the priority should be to find Rankins replacement. He can not be allowed another shot at promotion next season.

I am also very frustrated by the absolute circus we have created during this transfer window. Why do we always go public before any deals are made? Why have we acted with a total lack of professionalism, and what did we actually think would be achieved with the "atempt to sign three Falkirk players" .
Last edited by Beckford on Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:23 pm

Being honest that was utterly embarrassing.
The team and manager seem to be happy coasting in 2nd gear for the whole game, well up until the equaliser at least!
The fans were very quiet today as there’s little to get excited about when you’re passing around the opposition all game with very little created.
Montrose like most teams in this league are a poor team, and shouldn’t be able to live with us on the park.
The game played out similar to the last game against us and this time I think they had a little more possession than they had last time.
If we don’t get the second goal we are always open to the sucker punch, we have gotten away with it most of the season.
I haven’t criticised the manager or given up on the league to this point but I think that’s it for me tbh.
From the 1st time we played them to now there has been zero improvement.
There should be more urgency injected in the team to kill these games off, not standing off and letting it play out just because we have all the possession - not good enough.
If we won one nil I’d still have been disappointed based on the overall performance, we will get caught out again sooner or later playing this way.
As a club a tough decision should be made (but definitely won’t be), as playing like that do we honestly expect to get through the play offs, no chance.
We need an experienced manager now or we need to accept another season in this league, there’s more to be had from this squad with a different approach/tactics.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:31 pm

Beckford wrote:I am also very frustrated by the absolute circus we have created during this transfer window. Why do we always go public before any deals are made? Why have we acted with a total lack of professionalism, and what did we actually think would be achieved with the "atempt to sign three Falkirk players" .

This is massive for me. We’re a laughing stock at the moment. I couldn’t believe some fans lap up the sh!t peddled by the board regarding the play for Falkirks players, the Williamson announcement and the Tait departure.

This transfer window has been shambolic and it pisses me off to see such nonsense going on. If we genuinely had the money for Calvin Miller and Callumn Morrison, why the hell aren’t we spending it on viable options. Instead we’ve landed up with Hastie, Lyness, A young Hearts kid who will see 15 mins a match and Williamson. The latter appears to be the only solid signing imo.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:24 pm

HASTIE looked decent ,bit rusty but good for this level ,williamson looked good as well (for the half an hour we seen him against cove),but again needs games,hearts kid got involved
but got like 7 mins ,midfeild will be decent if Scott martin wosnt injurned,were that on top we should be playing with 2 up ,dont no wht mcginns,done wrong, think rankin just dosnt fancy the boy bonjaras i havnt a clue he just dissapears frm games .we were poor today ..looks like the playoffs
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies