Do Accies Have A Scouting Network

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Do Accies Have A Scouting Network

Postby Accies999 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 am

Sounds a daft question, but do we.

Was having a look around the lower leagues to see if anyone stood out. The guy Murray from Arbroath looks a good one, scored about 16 so far, then I notices he was out of contract at the end of season and Dundee Utd snapped him up for chicken feed, £50000 on a two and a half year contract and loaned him back to Arbroath till the end of season. He's not the only one either, they've took 2 or 3 from Queens Park recently and they all seem to be doing all right.

Why aren't we sourcing these players, are we actually looking.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Re: Do Accies Have A Scouting Network

Postby Park Materson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:08 am

Nah that's 50k that could be put towards the "super-duper Acciesdome"
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:18 am

Accies999 wrote:Sounds a daft question, but do we.

Was having a look around the lower leagues to see if anyone stood out. The guy Murray from Arbroath looks a good one, scored about 16 so far, then I notices he was out of contract at the end of season and Dundee Utd snapped him up for chicken feed, £50000 on a two and a half year contract and loaned him back to Arbroath till the end of season. He's not the only one either, they've took 2 or 3 from Queens Park recently and they all seem to be doing all right.

Why aren't we sourcing these players, are we actually looking.

Good question. Dundee Utd have made a success of signing raw young talent from the lower leagues, developing them and selling them on to make a healthy profit.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Good question. Dundee Utd have made a success of signing raw young talent from the lower leagues, developing them and selling them on to make a healthy profit.[/quote]

Wait a minute, that's our ethos, our mantra!!

.........or is it??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Yes that Dundee Utd might have a better youth set up than Accies is a disgrace. That we may only be one of the best youth set ups in Scotland isn't good enough........... heads must roll :roll:

I mean if United can afford £50k on a young player then so can we surely; its not as if they are a bigger club, have a bigger support etc.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 pm

I'd be more than surprised if we didn't.
That doesn't mean that what we have, can't be improved.

The over-riding thought that occurs to me in this and other threads is that the Accies board could do with being a bit more, perhaps a lot more, transparent with the fans and let them know exactly what is being done in their names.

That way we could understand what's actually happening.

I appreciate that they cannot tell us everything, but more could be divulged.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:40 pm

At under age level Accies compete with the best.Unfortunately,sometimes that mob from The East End have done a "Dundee United" on us and stolen some of our best players from under age.

Even more confusing was one of the kids was talked away despite his old man being an Accies supporter?Kids know that in the grand scheme of things they will get a chance if good enough here.

Not sure the OP was meaning scouting for players in the senior game.We have missed a few who could have made a difference this window like ICT's new Nigerian striker,Lyle Taylor,De Vita at Ross County or Scott McDonald.

However big Lucas and Sumsky could be worth it.Who knows as it looks like we won't see them in the first team at the minute.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies