Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Alloa Athletic .V. Accies - Saturday, Dec 9th

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:59 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alloa Athletic .V. Accies - Saturday, Dec 9th

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:29 pm

Has to be three points with another good performance playing Smith & Zanatta whose addition from the outset has made all the difference.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:13 pm

Alloa don't seem to use Fanbase for ticketing. Any info?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:12 pm

Terrible corners, bizarre subs. If we lose to Falkirk, I'd honestly sack him.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:27 pm

[quote="Stevie Clarke"]Terrible corners, bizarre subs. If we lose to Falkirk, I'd honestly sack him.[/quote

Don't disagree but we could have had 2 pens, we hit the woodwork twice, O'Hara missed 2 great chances, Zanatta missed a sitter. Created plenty but just didn't take any.
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:15 pm

Gav wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:Terrible corners, bizarre subs. If we lose to Falkirk, I'd honestly sack him.[/quote

Don't disagree but we could have had 2 pens, we hit the woodwork twice, O'Hara missed 2 great chances, Zanatta missed a sitter. Created plenty but just didn't take any.

Pretty much sums up the season in many ways

It does seem bizzare that we want rid of the manager when we are top of league. But considering the funds he has been given, the poor quality of teams in this league, the team should be doing soo much better. Generally the football is poor and I would agree that Rankin is not the man to take this team up to Championship
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Alloa were an organised side with no fear of playing us. Their tactics were spot on, and ours seemed to be hoof ball from the back, where it was blindingly obvious from early on that their number 6 was mopping up everything in the air. Surely, we should have known that beforehand?

We could easily have been 2-0 down in first half, and both sides hit bar & posts during game. All our players were well below their best against a stuffy team who defended well throughout. I'm unsure that suggestions to change the manager are in any way justified with us challenging for top spot since the start of the season.

However, we all know that this Saturday is a season changer for both Accies & Falkirk with a 6 pointer game available. Falkirk haven't been scoring that well and our defence record is good, so the team need to turn up and play to their individual & collective strengths to see us win by finishing all their goal opportunities, and take all three points this weekend.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies