Queen of the South

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Queen of the South

Postby EarnockAccie » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:24 am

Let’s take a big support down to Dumfries and get right behind the Accies today. Come on ye Reds!
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Re: Queen of the South

Postby EarnockAccie » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:28 pm

Good noisy support rewarded with a decent performance and a very good win. Let’s take care of Annan on Friday and hope Montrose hurt Falkirk, before the big one.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:05 pm

Excellent performance for first 20 mins and for most of the second half. O'Hara though...works hard, decent play out wide but how many sitters is that now? He even had a chance to redeem himself right on half time but it was blocked. McGlynn just has to start on Friday night. It would be great to see Mumbongo start too but that would mean a change of system, which I can't see Rankin doing. Lewis Smith again made a huge difference when he came on, pushed us higher up the park. First goal was a thing of beauty and I can't wait to see it again but once again we'll be relying on our opponents.

Support good but only 248. This team deserves more and also deserves the fans to calm down when we lose a goal. Stick with them and help them through rough patches instead of effing and blinding.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:25 pm

It’s a good feeling getting late goals for us. In previous seasons we’ve been on the wrong end of late goals that have cost us valuable points.

I think O’hara is a good player, I like him. He does a power of work, but he’s missing too many chances for a team playing with not one striker. I thought that chance he missed right before half time would come back and bite us. I agree we need to see Joe McGlynn from the start.

Our first goal was a beauty. Our best team goal since Bingham finished off a fantastic move at Easter Road a few seasons back. Looking forward to seeing it back, relying on QoS for that one obviously.

Also think we need to give Rankin a lot of credit. We gave him a lot of criticism last year. The majority (myself included) thought he should be away. But, he now has his own team, he’s had his pre season, he’s already delivered us a cup. Yes, he still has his flaws (lack of a plan B being one) but so far undefeated, made good signings (most wouldn’t look out of place in the championship), and building positive relationship with the fans again.

If we beat Annan on Friday then avoid defeat away to Falkirk in a fortnight we will certainly be there or thereabouts at the seasons end.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby EarnockAccie » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Henderson’s goal was a joy to watch. Remember that Josh Mullin scored a beautufil tica-taca goal at Palmerston when we put 3 past Queens under Taylor.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:22 pm

Queens don't seem to post their defeats, only their wins, so I doubt we'll see that fantastic first goal again.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies