Youth Players

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Youth Players

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:08 am

One away & another younger sold without an appearance for the first team.Don’t get the point of a youth academy if the first team get no benefit.
Likelihood is these young boys will disappear into EPL youth set ups never to be heard of again. Any money brought in will no doubt be reinvested in youth academy to produce more players to sell before they make an impact.

Depressing.

These two players will no doubt see their earnings increase 10 fold in the short term, but I would love to have seen them and their advisers back their own talent and really prove themselves in men’s football before they move on.
I’ve always been a big supporter of our youth teams and go to games when I can. I also take great satisfaction from seeing our boys make a good career after they move on.

I raised this at the fans forum at the start of the season, and made the point that it can’t always just be about the players. The club have to come first at some point.

For the first time in a few seasons the feel good factor at the club was returning and we have made some excellent signings. It looked like we were keeping our best players and possibly strengthening further, whereas I am now feeling slightly deflated at the end of the window.

I really hope we don’t lose today on the back of this as that could see us lose the momentum and feel good factor we have built.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Re: Youth Players

Postby porcupine » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Ryan One sold for a six figure sum to Sheffield United and Corma Daly? sold too?
All according to Daily Record. Nothing on News on which ever 'official' Club web site you choose.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:42 pm

Short-sighted policy as winning this League with Ryan One playing a big role would have brought us a bigger transfer fee which we could have used to strengthen our team in The Championship.

We are now two short up front with only dross available;Winter won't cut the mustard going by so far.

There is also the risk these young lads will crash and burn and not reach their full potential being swamped in the EPL Academy system where young lads already struggle due to their clubs buying ready made big-names.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:22 pm

Pretty sure that I have read somewhere that these players being transferred well before being 1st team regulars is one of consequences of Brexit.
Prior to Brexit the big English clubs could recruit from Europe for their academies. Now it seems even the Ugly Sisters are having young players signed for stupid money.
Pity we can't even get ONE on loan !!!
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Return to The Accies