Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Montrose at Home Saturday 26th

Postby porcupine » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:20 am

Predictions?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Montrose at Home Saturday 26th

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:48 am

There's real apathy on this board, isn't there. Three comments on our win on Saturday? I suspect had we lost it would be a few more.

Had a fiver on us at 14/1 to win 3-0. Got a fiver on us at 22/1 to win this 4-0. But any win will be fine!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:54 pm

Misery loves company here :P

Onwards and upwards, let's keep the wins coming!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Billybamz » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:19 pm

3.0 Accies, onwards n upwards bring it on.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:03 pm

Guaranteed 3 goal win minimum coz I can't make it.
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby Gav » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:53 pm

Played well going forward on Saturday - if we can repeat that we should score 2 or 3. Defence were a bit ropey in 1st half but much better in 2nd so fairly confident of a win.
Gav
Championship

Postby StewartP » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:05 pm

I’m saying 3-0 to us.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Euan » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:46 pm

Great to see us top of the league for the first time since 2014. I expect us to win again on Saturday to remain there. No goals conceded and 6 scored. Hopefully the crowd will improve if we keep it going.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:45 pm

Another three points here please. Need to make NDP a fortress again. As others have said, hope to see the crowds increase again as this squad are doing a great job. Great to look forward to games again
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:59 am

Falkirk look to be clicking into gear with a good result last night. Looking like an exciting race for the top this year. Some big games ahead but a win on sat will et us up nicely
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:51 pm

Beckford wrote:Another three points here please. Need to make NDP a fortress again. As others have said, hope to see the crowds increase again as this squad are doing a great job. Great to look forward to games again

Hope the crowds come back as momentum builds. I know we've a way to go with social media etc. but let's do our talking on the park for now. It's all change (for the better) at Accies and I'm happy with the way things are going on the playing side.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Theaccie1 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:22 pm

Stodmeister wrote:
Beckford wrote:Another three points here please. Need to make NDP a fortress again. As others have said, hope to see the crowds increase again as this squad are doing a great job. Great to look forward to games again

Hope the crowds come back as momentum builds. I know we've a way to go with social media etc. but let's do our talking on the park for now. It's all change (for the better) at Accies and I'm happy with the way things are going on the playing side.

Agreed its all about the football for me....Great looking forward to the matches again and having a belief in our squad.
Games can't come quick enough and it's been a long time since i thought that!

It'll take some time but the club seem to have an appetite to keep moving in the right direction off field too.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:02 pm

Halftime and 1-0 to the accies.
Nice goal, great cross from Barjonas on the left and header from Tait 6 yards out.
Loads of possession but no real cutting edge so far to finish them off.
We are clearly levels above Montrose but they have been stuffy with 5/6 at the back most of the game.
Best chance they had was a cross into our box which was nearly an own goal but for a save from our keeper.
Fingers crossed for some goals the second half, if we get one more may follow.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:37 pm

Well we made hard work of it in the end!
One nil going on four or five on another day.
Tait was the stand out for me doing a Conner Smith type role.....hit the bar in the second half too.
Two one on ones with the goalkeeper.....O'Hara trying to round the keeper who dived and took it off his feet and Longridge with a poor effort past the post.
One coming on in the second half looked lively but had a tap in blocked by their defender.
Montrose had a couple of chances, one straight at the keeper and one bounced past the post, so it wasn't as comfortable a finish to the game that it should have been.
Team still gelling and a win is a win....just need to keep racking them up and improving along the way.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:21 pm

I found that a very tortuous 90 minutes. A great start which we didn't build on. I realise it's arrogant to think we'll just sweep teams aside but we should be scoring at least twice against a side as poor as Montrose. One should have started, no question. Henderson too. Winter just isn't cutting it and O'Hara needs a goal. I was never confident when he burst through one on one. Lewis Smith was great when he came on at Kelty yet never got on at all today. We cannot start with the same side at Stirling although that may be enforced on Rankin as I hear Winter could be out for a few weeks. Hard to complain with four out of four and no goals conceded ( our best start to a season since 87/88 when we won our first eight) but some players maybe need a wee shake if that's to be five at Stirling.

MOTM for me between Scott Martin and Dylan Tait.

Finally, crowd given as 1,345. Not a chance, many more empty seats in our section than v Cove, which I though was an honest crowd for once (1,087).
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby StewartP » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:51 pm

Tait was MOM for me followed closely by O’Brien.

We do need to be more clinical. Two big chances missed to double the lead today. I know every club is looking for one but we do need a proven goal scorer as O’Hara works hard but seems short of confidence in front of goal and Winter doesn’t seem to be offering too much up top.

That being said we won and it’s been a good start to the league campaign.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:57 pm

We ground out a result today. Should have been more comfortable but in past seasons Accie's would have conceded so all credit to the defensive set up.
We DO need a real cutting edge , with a playmaker and a clinical finisher. This team are so nearly there and I would start Ryan One next week at Stirling. He is far stronger than last season, has quick feet, good in the air with flick-on's, and defenders are scared of him.
Three Points are three points no matter how we got them!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:37 pm

Agree with a lot of the pointsi n the previous posts. Although very happy with four wins out of four, felt most of today was very laboured and toothless. If we want to push for winning this league we need to be far more hungry and clinical.

Far too many wasted oppertunities to put the game to bed and build up a positive goal difference today which could be vital come the business end of the season. Got away with a few today and the same could be said about City last week. Dont think we have faced a serious test yet tbh. Falkirk are gaining momentum, Queens look good and think Stirling will be a tough game.

Still a lot to be pleased with but cant let complacency or lack of clinical finishing be our undoing.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:17 pm

We now have the meanest defence in all of the top 4 Scottish and English leagues. Bet you thought you would ever hear that.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-30802538
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies