Fans forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Fans forum

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:17 pm

Did anyone go along to fan forum last night and have any opinions on what was said.

Onlyaccies have done a podcast which is online on twitter if you have this.

https://twitter.com/OAccies
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Fans forum

Postby Beckford » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:31 pm

I went to both the gala day and the forum.

Honest summary of my thoughts would be the gala / open day part was disappointing. Agree with comments elsewhere that it felt badly organised and had the half arsed feel we have come to expect in recent years. Other than a couple of A4 paper signs saying "to the funfair" there was little direction for the casual visitor. Felt there was little to promote the club and if you were not familiar with the stadium you would have struggled to know anything was going on (apart from loud music from the stands) A missed oppertunity to sell merchandise and things like the raffle to win signed shirts was not highlighted ( i never found out when the draw will be made / winner announced!!) Heard a few folk had come down to buy season tickets and were unable to which is not great! I accept the weather was lousy but some sort of guided stadium tour would have improved things greatly. I would also have liked the players to have been in accies gear.

On the positive side the players and officials were very approachable and friendly, happy to chat with fans, sign autographs, be in photos etc. and the cup was in the function suite for photos later too. Our new owner was also very happy to chat with folk from what i saw, seems genuine and sounds as if he intends to take a hands on approach to the role

With regards to the forum, overall i felt it was very positive. Thought the open letter was a good way of showing an intent to be more open with us. A lot of issues were discussed however it was clear the agenda was to be very much focused on the football side of things. There was an attempt to discuss the breakdown of relationship between the board and the fans and the recent social media controversies were raised. Not sure if i was one of the loyal fans directly affected i would have been satisfied with the response provided to be honest (in essence its in the past lets move on). Feel this needs to be resolved in private with the fans concerned as a matter of urgency.

Still an awful lot of work to do but overall feel there will be a real effort to improve all aspects of the football club and that we are building a team we can get excited about.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 pm

Beckford wrote:There was an attempt to discuss the breakdown of relationship between the board and the fans and the recent social media controversies were raised. Not sure if i was one of the loyal fans directly affected i would have been satisfied with the response provided to be honest (in essence its in the past lets move on). Feel this needs to be resolved in private with the fans concerned as a matter of urgency.

I'm not sure why you feel the acknowledgement and apology for the very public nonsense from certain people should be delivered in private.

Sounds very "its in the past lets move on" if you ask me.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:09 pm

Todd_is_God wrote:
Beckford wrote:There was an attempt to discuss the breakdown of relationship between the board and the fans and the recent social media controversies were raised. Not sure if i was one of the loyal fans directly affected i would have been satisfied with the response provided to be honest (in essence its in the past lets move on). Feel this needs to be resolved in private with the fans concerned as a matter of urgency.

I'm not sure why you feel the acknowledgement and apology for the very public nonsense from certain people should be delivered in private.

Sounds very "its in the past lets move on" if you ask me.

Because the issues raised were not resolved at the public forum. When things got (understandably) heated, Seriff advised the individual(s) concerned he would be willing to speak to them privately.

Sorry if i didnt make that clear for those that were unable to attend.

I agree the issues need and should be resolved and the fans concerned get the appology they deserve. As long as that happens for them, I dont care how to be honest. Its down to them to decide if the response is satisfactory.and if they then wish to go public, its their choice.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies