John McNaught on YouTube

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

John McNaught on YouTube

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:10 pm

I always hoped these goals would see the light of day, and there may be a connection to the story below from Pat Nevin. Well worth your time. Two excellent goals scored past David Seaman no less!

https://youtu.be/qMioNcbSRv8

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/artic ... reunited-w
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: John McNaught on YouTube

Postby Beckford » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:29 pm

Cheers for that, fair brought back some memories.

The big man was one of my first accies heros. Would have ran through a brick wall for us. Still have a team photo that he signed for me as a bairn (its in black and white lol)
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:40 pm

Worzel's gonae get ye! Accies legend
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:18 pm

I'm sure I saw his debut at Hampden against Queen's Park, with the terrace opposite the main stand reduced to rubble. He was right back. I think we drew 1-1, this would be August 1982 I think.

Pat Nevin is really a great guy going to all that effort for his family. And it was after the whisky that he scored those two great goals! He was also on the winning side at Old Trafford in a match shown the next day on Scotsport. There is a photo, if you Google image, of him playing at OT "celebrating his goal" but it was given as an own goal from the United keeper Gary Walsh. That was the following season when they lost 3-1 and I've a feeling it was on Scotsport too. I can't find either on YouTube.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies