Livvy v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Livvy v Accies

Postby porcupine » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:15 pm

Somebody has to start it?

M8 junction 3 's been closed for months, remember. No info on Livvy's site about cash gate, or whether tickets on sale like Clyde NDP game.
Saturday Footy again. :D :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Livvy v Accies

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:47 pm

Spoke to accies ticket office earlier today and Suzanne thought livi had a PATG available but went away and checked and then thinks that it’ll be an e-ticket from livi ticket office. Still trying to get through on this number to confirm 0800 611 8600 if someone else wants to try as well
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:48 pm

Adults £12, concessions £6, u16’s free
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Spoke to accies ticket office earlier today and Suzanne thought livi had a PATG available but went away and checked and then thinks that it’ll be an e-ticket from livi ticket office. Still trying to get through on this number to confirm 0800 611 8600 if someone else wants to try as well

What!? Were you expecting someone at accies to have all the details required for fans for a game kicking off in 24hours time?

Maybe one day eh!
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:53 pm

Should be a proper test today. Playing junior teams as pre season friendlies not ideal so hopefully up to speed. Looked a wee bit flat against Brechin too.

Not expecting a result in our favour as still early days for such a new squad. As long as we give it a go and there are further signs of improvement, that will do fine. Looking forward to it all the same as not been to Livy in a couple of seasons.

No cash gates a bit of a nuisance as only just found out i can get away from work in time. but cashless seems to be the way of things now.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:27 pm

And once again we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

0-1 up with 90 minutes gone. Wehave 9 points and will surely qualify for next round. BUT this is Accies and of course Livi score in 90 minutes. On the plus side we win 1-4 on penalties, so get a bonus point. Means its sqeaky bum time going into home game next saturday against Cove

ranking needs to get a grip and shore bloody things up and see games out . How many games have we now conceded 1 or more goals, in last 2 minutes of game and either drawn or lost
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:39 pm

Anyone know if Jamie Smith saved any? Accies Twitter just tells us "Livi miss". Honestly...

A very good result, fairs fair, we were up against a side two leagues above. If we win next week we are through, even a bonus point win should be enough, I don't think many teams fail to qualify on ten points.

Edit: would nine points have been enough, given we only would have had a +4 GD?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:59 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Anyone know if Jamie Smith saved any? Accies Twitter just tells us "Livi miss". Honestly...

A very good result, fairs fair, we were up against a side two leagues above. If we win next week we are through, even a bonus point win should be enough, I don't think many teams fail to qualify on ten points.

Edit: would nine points have been enough, given we only would have had a +4 GD?

Possibly, I believe the three best runners up go through.
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:17 pm

Thought that was a really positive performance today. A lot to be pleased with. Sure it was a bit gutting to loose a late goal but we were always going to fade / the premier team were going to be more dominant in the second half.

Big difference to Tuesday nights performance. Upwards and onwards.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:36 pm

Ok, new season, fresh start. Can we all agree that to be defeated is to "lose" not "loose". Does my bloody head in!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:49 pm

Jamie Smith saved the first penalty from their captain Mickey Devlin. (Yes, the same one who retired after Aberdeen transfer from Accies)

We looked comfortable and solid right through the team today and almost did enough to win the game in normal time, including a Jamie Smith save with his foot near the end.

On this showing we should be good enough to be consistently at the top of League i and challenging for a straight promotion back to the Championship. SOOOOO much better than last season throughout the team.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:03 pm

A good game to watch. I thought we were excellent. Yes we lost yet another late goal and became defensive second half but some seem to be forgetting we are two divisions apart. First half we were the better team, second half they were the better team.

Noticed Dylan McGowan was there again today sitting with Ryan Fulton and Scott Struthers. That’s the last two or three games he’s been at. Hopefully a good sign. Surely he wouldn’t be at as many games if he wasn’t going to be re signing. Would be a fantastic re signing.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:46 pm

Dylan McGowan? No Club yet after leaving Kilmarnock? Great for us last season but I thought our four defenders today played as if they had been with each other for years. Tumilty, Kilday, Longridge and Hendrie looked a really settled partnership. Good to have extra cover, though, if McGowan is re-signing.
And what about Fulton? All that talk about Southampton just a myth?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:14 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Ok, new season, fresh start. Can we all agree that to be defeated is to "lose" not "loose". Does my bloody head in!

Oops my bad! MY phone has a cracked screen and making a lot of typos at the moment lol! New one hopefully here soon.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:33 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:A bonus point win should be enough, I don't think many teams fail to qualify on ten points.

It will be impossible for us to not qualify with 10 points, as we would top the group.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Thought we were really good in the first half yesterday and it was a great game to watch.
That was such an important penalty shootout win as it keeps it in our hands.
If we finish on 11 with a win v Cove there is a good chance we’ll be seeded in the next round.
If we finish on 10 with a shootout win v Cove then we could be 2nd in the group to Livingston if they win their last 2 games (if they do they beat us on goal difference) however again this should be enough for one of the 3 best runners up.
Anything less is doubtful
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to The Accies