Pre season friendlies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Pre season friendlies

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:58 pm

First up tonight Thorniewood.

Tonight an Accies XI hosts @Thorniewood 7pm ko. Entry £5 for all via main door (accompanied u12s free); both teams using full squads so complete changes at HT. all proceeds go to our local side
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Pre season friendlies

Postby Beckford » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:42 pm

Could not make tonight due to work commitments.

To those who did make it down anything to report regarding improvements to the club shop? Any sign of new kit promos, new merch season tickets etc?

Was it a welcome return for the stadium announcer?
Last edited by Beckford on Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:57 am

Next up

Next up is a double tomorrow with everyone involved - 12noon against Blantyre Vics at Castle Park then 330pm v Newmains Utd at Victoria Park
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:10 am

Not sure how much can be learned from friendlies like these but high scoring results at any level adds to the general feel good factor. Good oppertunity to see all the new faces too so hopefully get back in time to attend today.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:57 pm

Made the Vics game but not the other.

Good physical test for the players on a difficult pitch. Vics No 2 had one of the worst wee man syndromes i have seen lol.

Positives for me were when the younger lads came on, they all managed the game well and we still have plenty of prospects.

Slight negative for me is Lewis Smith still seems to be toiling at a level where his ability should see him a stand out. Not sure if its just a confidence thing as still capable of making the odd nice cross or pass. Hopefully kicks on when season gets ubderway for real.
Last edited by Beckford on Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:24 pm

Made the Vics game too. Darren Lyon (Trialist #1) was the only one to play the full 90. The kids came on after about 62 minutes and we continued to dominate. Like the look of Latona and Kalala but they all did well. I'm told the other two trialists who played at Newmains and last night are Connor Murray, who is a midfielder last at QoS and Finn Robson, recently released by Dundee United.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:21 am

Was at the Vics game also, only a friendly and early days but expected much more in terms of efforts on goal.

1st goal the Vics defender took an entirety to clear it and the Accies player nicked it off him for a tap in. The 2nd was an outrageous deflection that looped over the keeper leaving him no chance. Both in the first half. Smith had a couple of efforts where he cut in from the right but shots were tame. Can’t recall the keeper doing much more than that.

Vics changed the keeper 2nd half and Accies made it made 3-0 a couple of minutes in with a free kick which was passed into the corner at the same side the keeper was protecting, very poor from the keeper. But again 2nd half after that I can’t really recall the Vics keeper being tested after that. 8 substitutions after an hour and you’d think one of these young guys are going to make a name for themselves but no, everything was neat and safe apart from the wee left winger who looks a tricky customer.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Beckford » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:47 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Was at the Vics game also, only a friendly and early days but expected much more in terms of efforts on goal.

1st goal the Vics defender took an entirety to clear it and the Accies player nicked it off him for a tap in. The 2nd was an outrageous deflection that looped over the keeper leaving him no chanurzile. Both in the first half. Smith had a couple of efforts where he cut in from the right but shots were tame. Can’t recall the keeper doing much more than that.

Vics changed the keeper 2nd half and Accies made it made 3-0 a couple of minutes in with a free kick which was passed into the corner at the same side the keeper was protecting, very poor from the keeper. But again 2nd half after that I can’t really recall the Vics keeper being tested after that. 8 substitutions after an hour and you’d think one of these young guys are going to make a name for themselves but no, everything was neat and safe apart from the wee left winger who looks a tricky customer.

Maybe the three of us opted to attend the wrong match wurzil lol. I have missed three games so far, all of which have seen plenty of goals. Maybe i shouldnt have renewed my season ticket for the sake of my fellow supporters lol
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:57 am

Next up tonight

We welcome Cymru Premier champions The New Saints to NDP!

New Douglas Park!
7pm KO!
£10 / £5 entry!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Westender » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:01 pm

Well that was a decent performance tonight against new saints who are no mugs. Early days but signs are good what a difference from last year played more football tonight .
Westender
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:04 am

Agree, a decent watch tonight and some real positives. Not quite clicking together as yet but looks like we are trying to play a far more attractive brand of football. Difficult to take too much away from a game with so many subs and trialists but hopefull and starting to look forward to the season kicking off. Cracking winning goal too.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:02 pm

Next up tomorrow

Cumbernauld Colts
Broadwood Stadium!
2pm KO
£5 entry
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:40 pm

Well beat today by a lowland lg team ,,
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:54 pm

Normal business has been resumed. Strong Accies team beaten 3-1 by Cumbernauld

OK its a friendly but come on, full time team, on paper a strong team, but well gubbed. All of the early optimism starting to evaporate.

Lets hear what our wonderful manager has to say

On plus side under 19 won Oban tournament
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:21 pm

That's a very concerning result, especially as Albion Rovers beat them there last week. Maybe we should ditch Zanatta and sign Cole McIntyre! At least Scott Martin, Longridge, McGlynn, Macdonald, O'Hara and Lewis Smith didn't start. I'm guessing they will next week.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:44 pm

Yeah but all those players came on in second half, and we were just as bad
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Wasn't there yesterday but what I and others have noticed is the central defence seems lacking in pace.

There is a defender I know who could solve this,score a few at the other end,who would fit in immediately and is still looking for a club apparently...I give you Dan O'Reilly.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:23 pm

Let’s not push the panic button quite yet. The whole point of these games is to allow players to get to know each other, improve fitness etc. we have all been pleased the way the club has gone about its recruitment business and there is still time to make a few more signings. Much as I want to progress in the League Cup those games will help the squad gel and give us a more realistic idea of where we are in the League 1 pegging order. But if things start poorly and we seem to be repeating last seasons’ mistakes in terms of set up and tactics I wonder how long our new owner will give Rankin?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:47 pm

I was at Oban yesterday and was impressed with quite a few of the lads . Ben Black looks like he should be pushing for a 1st team place and the no.7 looked a good prospect as well.
Gav
Championship

Return to The Accies