Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Home kit launch

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:07 pm

Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Home kit launch

Postby Beckford » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:12 pm

Full hoops or you have not listened. Celtic have never had to comprimise their history ( and no reason too, but hey they have a big support so different rules)
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:24 pm

Beckford wrote:Full hoops or you have not listened. Celtic have never had to comprimise their history ( and no reason too, but hey they have a big support so different rules)

Hear! Hear! I'm wondering if the " we have listened" just means bringing it out earlier.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Sounds promising, sounds like some sort of open day too. I remember one years ago when Billy Reid was manager which was enjoyable. Got to go into dressing room and lift the championship cup. Might even have had a kick about on the pitch.Days like that are great for the kids.

Looks like the merchandise in the club shop will be improved also.

Re tops, I’ve hoped for a green and blue hooped top for a while.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Beckford » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:45 pm

After the night im having, if we get a full hoop home top and a a blue and green away top, mcgowan gets out and we bully any new board members into listening to us i will be a very happy bunny. Win loose or draw if the two love of my lives (other than my good lady obvs) give their all il be a content auld boy ( sorry if this post is a mess iv been out since half five last night, mon the real hoops, mon the scotland!)
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:25 pm

Season kicks off in four days, can we have an update accies please!!!!!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:58 pm

Think the club have hit the post with the new strip when a tap in looked easier!

Got a text from the bairn today saying "dad its full hoops" 6 hour drive to get home and just seen the clubs posts. My initial thoughts are

The pros

1. Club has made an effort to respond to feedback, fair play.
2. Its full hoops (i think) which for the traditionalists like me is a big plus. Personally, i also prefer the broader hoop.
3. Looks like the crest is closer to our traditional Hamilton coat of arms one
4. A non brand name / independent manufacturer should mean costs are more affordable????

The cons
1. For me, not sure the red sleeves are needed
2. Is that a sticker badge, not an embroidered one? Will this peel off in the first wash like one of the old sponsors did? (Think it was the Reid one?)
3. Image and brands are very important to kids. If you go down the line of non brand kits or ones produced by lesser know brands, they need to be top quality. Look at the recent issues with Castore.

I really hope they are made well as in theory i like the idea. Big brand templates can be pretty limited. Hopefully this means a wide range of bespoke merchandise. I really need a new bunnet!

Need to see the kits in the flesh, but hopefully there will be plenty of stock tommorow as planning on getting the bairns their new kits before the game. Been a lot of pocket money being saved up for this weekend, hopefully they get to spend it!.

On the away kit, far to jazzy for my tastes but get that is the thing now lol
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:29 pm

I think there is a lot of label snobbery about. I love the design, probably the thickest hoops in my supporting lifetime. However, if that is a sticky badge that's a very poor show. It seems LF have no other teams on their books as you'd think if they did they would feature on their website. They seem to be a company that will do bespoke kits to order.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:50 pm

I am all for the new regime, but these kits-especially the home kit are horrendous.

Cheap,nasty,ditto the badge,horrible v neck and that red on the sleeves...an own goal from three yards out.

Apparently made by a Turkish businessman who also makes schoolwear and Hi-Vis Workie gear...in fact the aforementioned workmen's gear sounds more appealing.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:04 pm

Just been told the home kit has an embroidered badge. Aparently looks decent in the flesh. The traing gear, leisure range is meant to havethe sticker badge. Loadsof stock in sore which im pleasently suprised by. Hopefully pick some up later.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Thats my two got the home tops. Stitching on the badge a wee bit wobbly but otherwise think its a pretty decent effort especially for a new supplier. Wee yins loving being asked to show off the new top by the punters in the pub. Swaggering about like yon boy from the wrestling lol. Way it should be. Some good comments from the cove boys too.
Last edited by Beckford on Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:55 pm

Noticed the alignment of the LF logo on the players kits were a bit hit and miss which is not great. Liked the font for the numbers on the back though.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:27 pm

Looked like player's names are in BLACK on top of a RED hoop. Not the easiest to see. Why not design it with a hoop in White for that purpose. Or is it just me? Small grumble, I accept, but........
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:31 am

I noticed a couple of fans on twitter posting a pic of them both wearing their new tops. One of them had the badges overlapping between the hoops but mostly on the red, the other was as it should be. I'm a bit taken aback that a fan would not notice this, he's bought a top that is clearly a reject and should not be put on sale. I also notice the kids tops have the badges on the red hoop, I suppose there's limited material to work with there but I'm guessing Celtic don't have this problem. I'll probably buy one but I wish we had gone with a reputable name, despite my earlier comment about label snobbery!

Noticed Morton's names are also in black on a blue hoop.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:11 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
Noticed Morton's names are also in black on a blue hoop.

Maybe white lettering for player's names was a more expensive option for us (and Morton)? :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:41 pm

I hate sounding negative but my wife went to the shop at about 12.30 on Sunday and (apart from one very young kid's top) there was no children's tops left! A couple of folk came in after her for the same and left empty handed. She also said the young girls behind the counter couldn't have more disinterested and were bordering on rude. I get they don't want to be left with tons of stock but within a couple of hours of the fun day opening?

She was also surprised (she doesn't follow Accies!) by lack of signage around the stadium/Hamilton to tell people about what was going on Sunday afternoon - another chance missed?

Come on Accies, this is basic stuff.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:57 pm

At the forum we were advised there had been issues with the previous suppliers. When the change of ownership was finalised, LF stepped in at last minute to ensure we had kits on sale prior to league season kicking off. This appears to be the reason why there are inconsistencies with the kits.

During the forum one fan raised faults with the kit he bought and was assured that if he returned it to club shop he would recieve a replacement.

My mates boy was hoping to buy the away kit and apparently there were no sizes available. Not the best of starts but given the circumstances, excusable to a degree.

With regards to the level of customer service in the club shop, as stated, i have had countless bad experiences in the past. However, i have to say the new folk i have had dealings with recently were very helpfull and friendly.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies