Board Statement

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Board Statement

Postby OnlyHamilton » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Finally! a statement from the board ; https://t.co/bPTk860N5D

Good to see a bit of accountability of some degree from them however there is still a mountain to try and resolve issues both on and off the park from the past couple of years mainly so last season.

Extremely sceptical about the appointment of "new media officer". Former Hamilton Advertiser journalist and good friend of Mcgowan Leonna - if this was actually a proper appointment then i dont see why it would have been published in the manner in which it has, very unorganised facebook post and again not on our new amazing 15k website...begs the question and i highly doubt there will be any change to social media communication, very much seems like smoke and mirrors as per.

Hopefully we hear more news in the next coming days.
OnlyHamilton
Pub League

Re: Board Statement

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:15 pm

In any other ‘business’ the board having acknowledged their ‘errors’ would resign. Certainly the chairman should stand down. Strain should be removed as he is totally unsuited to the board of a football club well Accies anyway. But I’ve no doubt the only resignation we will get is Mcgoofey as he hands over to our new owner. I wonder what mistakes they are owning upto?
My list would include the management fiasco at the beginning of the season, failure to properly invest in the squad, letting Ryan go without a replacement, appointing Strain in the first place, not sacking Rankin after relegation and allowing Mcgoofey to make false accusations against the fans without a challenge.
Oh and why is Mcgoofey appointing a media officer if he is selling the club? Surely the new owners will want their media person in place.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:28 am

I see at least 3 of the Everton Board have resigned

Everton's boardroom changes were the inevitable consequence of years of bad decision-making that led the club into a second successive near miss with relegation from the Premier League and the complete breakdown of relations with the club's support.

It was a dysfunctional situation that simply could not continue.

Come on Accies Board follow their example :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby accie » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:34 pm

I would expect to see Ronnie and Alan Maitland stepping aside when the new owner takes over and if it is a member of the current board then mibbee one or two other changes but not many.
Some of the mistakes have got to be; selling Chucky, not replacing him with a decent striker and not supporting the manager with an experienced assistant.
Of the players who came in in January only Smith was Rankins choice apparently, the board picked the rest. Only McGowan of those was a real success.
Whether we like it or not Rankin is starting the season but hopefully he gets some decent players in, some of those rumored would certainly do OK in league 1.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies