New web site

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: New web site

Postby Beckford » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:28 pm

Am i using the new web site wrong or are we still showing the game against the colts as our next game?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:52 pm

Beckford wrote:Am i using the new web site wrong or are we still showing the game against the colts as our next game?
EEARL

We are, of course, Beckford. And no apparent info about the League Cup games that's clear to see.

I suspect they are gearing up for tomorrows ticket sales at the office (or will that be Clyde's staff?). It'll be interesting to see how they cope with this new QR code ticket from purchase to getting in on time.

Same old Accies Website. Already out of date. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:46 pm

I just cant get my head around why the club would invest in a new site to just run it in the same old way. Really sad as this had got such positive feedback from fans initially.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:57 pm

The only surprising thing is that you are surprised. It was always going to be run amateurish eventually.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:26 am

True but you can only live in hope. Maybe suprised is the wrong word but disapointing all the same.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:53 pm

Sadly, with Accies, and "new" technology, my expectations are always carpet high :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:50 pm

Still no updates! Did we not have a game yesterday or does our communications team not work weekends?

Shambles, is it really an unrealistic expectation for the official site to be updated regarding upcoming games or to report on games?

I appreciate there is twitter etc. but really?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby StewartP » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:31 pm

Yeah, seems that the website has ground to a halt.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:42 pm

Updates dated the 11th now on site. Upload issues or did they actually not work at the weekend lol. Either way good to see some activity.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:32 am

Still a shambles.

No updated information on next game, other than we play Cove in the League Cup!!!!!

No pictures of our new squad additions. Looks like we are playing 5 a sides now.

NEVER OVERPROMISE, without having the resources, commitment and ability to consistently carry out what you said you would do.

Better communication to fans, possible visitors, etc. etc.?????

Just the same old Accies, despite changes.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:22 am

They clearly need to find a volunteer who will do the job properly as a hobby. There doesn't appear to be much enthusiasm for it from the club.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:58 pm

You have more than done your fair share over the years Gilbert. The updates, post match interviews etc were fantastic when you previously did it as a volunteer. Better than when the club actually employed the media guys. Am I correct in thinking that you set up the original Acciesworld site back in the day ?
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:03 pm

Young Ben does an excellent job with the Only Accies stuff. I don’t really know the ins and outs of the previous problems with the club, but can understand why he might want to stay as an independent voice.
I’ve only recently started listening to the Live Chat, but he presents it really well. I understand it is a big commitment for anyone to take these things on in a voluntary basis.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gilbaldo » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:47 pm

Thanks for your kind words Dr Slippy. The web site went through several incarnations while I ran it, Acciesworld was certainly one of them.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:28 pm

The problem lies 100% with who owns and runs the website. The Accies "brand" is not something that should be used by someone to promote self interest.

There will always be prompt updates regarding charities and "community" work but the deliberate half hearted approach to all things football can only have a negative, destructive impact on our reputation as a football club.

The decision by the new board to focus on other platforms is surely proof that its not our website. As discussed at the forum, they appear unable to influence the websites output. If certain individuals are no longer part of the club how can this be?

As always with Accies, things are frustratingly complex. Most of us were hopefull when we saw the intitial changes, but as others stated at the time, we should have known better.

There is a team here to finally get behind and they should be promoted however possible.Shame on those involved in failing to do so. If there is no interest in football get out completely!!!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to The Accies