Hall of Fame

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Hall of Fame

Postby Nike01 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:03 pm

Very often at away games former players are presented to the crowd at half-time. To remember fonder years. And by god, do we need that now!

Then, was watching some NFL (American Football) stuff last night. Those clubs each have a Hall of Fame to which 3/4 former players or staff are inducted each year for services to the club. I think fans vote and the inductees get an honorary lifetime season ticket.

Something novel, something new (for a Scottish club)?

But, we don’t seem to bother - again, from the outside looking in, it’s as if we don’t care about football or our history - why not?
Nike01
Pub League

Re: Hall of Fame

Postby manxaccie » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:17 pm

Really good idea.

It's something that should be easy for the club to organise and would be a good way to bridge the gap between the club and the fans. I enjoyed boring my son about Gary Clark at the cup final, and always enjoy the interviews with former players and the stories they tell, particularly of their time at Accies.
manxaccie
Pub League

Re: Hall of Fame

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:21 pm

Just mark Hall of Fame as something else we don't do that most other clubs do, like player of the year awards and match highlights. And engaging with fans over strip designs. And not leaving the shutters down when the ticket office is open. And, oh you get the picture.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies