Accies Social media, website and on line presence

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies Social media, website and on line presence

Postby Beckford » Wed May 24, 2023 11:09 pm

Ironic that an auld duffer should start a thread on something they are not great at themselves! However, the continued failures of the club in this area is constantly ridiculed throughout Scottish football and a source of embarrassment. Can we focus our collective gripes here and lets try get through to the club why things need to change and why, in this day and age its so important?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Re: Accies Social media, website and on line presence

Postby Admin » Thu May 25, 2023 2:23 pm

There is a reason I keep this forum up and running, and that's a huge part of it.

I moved to Canada about 25 years ago and the old Accies World forums (later Hoops Apocalypse) ran by Gilbert were a godsend. The internet was much more basic back then and word-of-mouth on the forums was the only way to keep up to date with anything going on Accies-wise. Other than calling Scotland to bug old mates anyway.

Sadly little has changed as an Accies supporter. Sure, the internet has come a long long way, and for most teams the websites are probably quite useful - well run online shops, features, online ticket sales, etc. For Accies though? It might as well still be 1998.

The forum doesn't see as much activity these days, but it's here to stay regardless. We ex-pats will need it next season more than ever, since I doubt we will be getting any video highlights or match reports.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:31 pm

Thanks for all your efforts Admin. This forum, and the previous versions really are a godsend. This is the main vehicle for news and always has been.

Last year or so I've even returned to Pie & Bovril which I'd always avoided for the abuse dished out on there.

Crazy that someone thousands of miles away is the main focus of news on my local team. Keep it up m8, your efforts are appreciated.
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 25, 2023 3:44 pm

Towards the end of this season I picked up on Brechin City’s progress towards winning the Highland League. While they won the league they failed to get to the Division 2 play off losing to Spartans. But my interest took me to their web site. Unlike other teams relegation from the SPFL kickstarted a rejuvenation on and off the park. Visit the club web site to get an idea of what a good website etc should look like. Not saying the best but streets ahead of us. Despite relegation they are still streaming games via ‘Hedges tv’ (Get it), they have a cracking club shop physical and on line and clearly there is a commitment from all involved. If it doesn’t make a profit for the stadium company then Mcgoofey isn’t interested and won’t invest. Any new owner who is serious about the club and so many things associated with it including ticketing, social media, the shop, fan relationships, Accies tv has a lot to do. Mind you he/she is starting from a low threshold. At one point it looked as though the Only Accies’ boys were getting involved but that didn’t last long. I can only imagine why. :oops:

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu May 25, 2023 3:57 pm

Any other side, and I really mean any other, would have highlights up on their site and/or YouTube of their league winning and Europe qualifying Under 18s. Sadly Alloa or Airdrie or Beith Juniors weren't here to film the game for us.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Thu May 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Thanks for your reply admin. As others have stated your efforts keeping Accies world going could not be more appreciated. Any criticisim raised was directed solely at our "official" out put. Even that comes with a caveat as i appreciate Scot tries his best but is no doubt working with his hands tied behind his back.

My decision to stop posting on the site years ago was due to the fact that i didnt want to add to the negativity (still obsesively checked in daily though!) Dont get me wrong, i have been angry and frustrated with this regime for many years. Even during periods of unpresedented success on the pitch, we continued to opperate in a manor that re-affirmed our reputation of being a "tin pot outfit, mickey mouse club, amateur mob" etc

This has been nothing short of neglect and contempt for us, the paying customers and life blood of the club. Output and communication from the club has been so bad it has often felt pre-meditated (trolling i believe the bairns call it lol)

How a board of seemingly succesful business men can allow this to happen is nothing short of criminal (no pun intended considering the characters that been involved with the club. I better say allegedley here in the interests of balance!) Especially when people like yourself, Ben and Brandons output is exactly what we need, depend on actually.

My decision to stick my head above the parapet is because i feel we really need to push for change as a collective, celebrate the few blessings we have in Accies World and Only Accies and stick together. By engaging with you guys the club would have a simple fix but thankfully you are not yes men, so you dont fit the criteria!

The club might not want a football community but they have one, US! We are not glory hunters, we dont expect to be at the top all time and we are not here for any reason other than our love for our daft wee club. We should however demand the bare minimum of transparent, communication from the club, mutual respect and confidence in a board that work towards a club we are all proud off.

Apologies for the ranting nature of my come back posts boys and girls. Been a big release speaking out. My friends and i have kids that despite everything have decided they are accies fans and we need to ensure their love for Accies lasts as long as this grumpy auld git!

Keep the faith troops
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby niallfraser8 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm

Hey
As for the social media output - I do think the club is lacking, particularly when it comes to the u18s team. I hadn't been following the u18s league until near the end but would have liked consistent content throughout the season. Something to think about I suppose. Someone told me the u18s final had no kiosk open and was choking for a bovril, not great, we should be treating these games as if they are first team games and not closed door friendlies.
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 pm

Yet another thank-you to Admin in keeping this forum going. Otherwise, if we depended on anything relevant from the Official web-site, we would know precious little, if anything, about what's happening.
As has been said, if there is to be a change of ownership of the Club 'within the next two weeks' :lol: :lol: then there's so much work to be done that a refreshed Accies FC website will be low on the priorities. Like supporting Accies, it's the hope that keeps us going!
Great Work, Admin.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu May 25, 2023 9:47 pm

I’ve never been on Facebook.
I tried and hated the negativity of Twitter.
Basically if it wasn’t for Acciesworld, I’d be struggling for Accies news, so thanks to Admin for keeping Acciesworld going.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Top Cross » Thu May 25, 2023 11:54 pm

niallfraser8 wrote:Something to think about I suppose.

Something you could chat to your big pal, Colin, about, I suppose. :roll:
Top Cross
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri May 26, 2023 4:44 pm

Thanks for the work you do Admin as it is much appreciated.

There are posters on here who do great work highlighting the skullduggery which goes on and which then is used to inform the likes of Twitter,Pie&Bovril and WAH Facebook pages.

They announced the crowd the other night as 744 but myself and plenty others came in late,so plenty more than that and no kiosk open...typical Accies.

Local Baker Alex Young who was ousted years ago and was a great supporter of the club told me if he was in charge of catering, the pies would be £1.30 and he would still make a profit instead of what these robbers are charging at the moment.

Like everything with this mob,the only Community they seek out is the non Hamilton area Business Community.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies