Job add

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Job add

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 pm

If the managers job went out today would any one apply?
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Job add

Postby Park Materson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Should read as follows_"head coach required for team in absolute freefall from previously prominent position.Remit will be to stick with the all important club ethos of bringing through top young talent to sell on at a premium with hee haw funds to spend on incoming players."
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Clint Aruss » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:22 pm

I think it's fair to say that there is a need for MC on the park, so without writing him off completely as a possible manager long term, what about binning Swales etc, who seem to be of little assistance, and get Jimmy calderwood in as joint coach/mentor until the end of the season - remit - steady the ship, add support, knowledge and experience, and assess the potential options for next season. If we finish top 6, and it is disappointing to be saying 'if' given the start to the season we had, the additional cash will pay for him.
After a good look at MC, the option might be to keep him - or not.
Clint Aruss
Pub League

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:15 pm

H9crx wrote:If the managers job went out today would any one apply?

Correct.

When the post became vacant in January, we had a record number of applicants includes well respected applicants.
If the post was advertised now, would we get the same interest or indeed quality of applicant.
Doubt it

The board have truly arsed things up, with their over-smug, we always know best, attitude.....and then passed it off as the Ethos of the club approach.
Developing young players fine, we'll all for that, but to sell the crown jewels, when there were other options and appoint a naive manager in the SPL.
Oh dear!!

When I put my preferred option of the top 6 target, I thought that it was an easy target for Canning to achieve.
It seems like a million miles away now, if we continue to slide as we have been doing.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:48 pm

If you haven't already, please do vote in the 2 current polls going, called "Accies Board Poll" and "Present management Poll"

Thanks.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
H9crx wrote:If the managers job went out today would any one apply?

Correct.

When the post became vacant in January, we had a record number of applicants includes well respected applicants.
If the post was advertised now, would we get the same interest or indeed quality of applicant.
Doubt it

The board have truly arsed things up, with their over-smug, we always know best, attitude.....and then passed it off as the Ethos of the club approach.
Developing young players fine, we'll all for that, but to sell the crown jewels, when there were other options and appoint a naive manager in the SPL.
Oh dear!!

When I put my preferred option of the top 6 target, I thought that it was an easy target for Canning to achieve.
It seems like a million miles away now, if we continue to slide as we have been doing.

I agree, they have arsed it up, by being so smug. Why all the hype about we have so many quality applicants that we're setting a deadline when they already knew Martin was the choice and they were putting a management team in place. That's just blatant lies that they spouted.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Ronnie said on BBC Scotland that MC would not be the new manager less than 48hrs before he was appointed same.

He said they had been inundated with quality applicants before later stating that no external applicants had been considered, which I don't buy.

I'm not convinced MC really wanted the job - not at this stage anyway. AN got his start in The Championship. To throw an unsure rookie manager straight into The Premiership, hoping to achieve a top-6 finish was a strange decision.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:46 pm

really? wrote:Ronnie said on BBC Scotland that MC would not be the new manager less than 48hrs before he was appointed same.

He said they had been inundated with quality applicants before later stating that no external applicants had been considered, which I don't buy.

I'm not convinced MC really wanted the job - not at this stage anyway. AN got his start in The Championship. To throw an unsure rookie manager straight into The Premiership, hoping to achieve a top-6 finish was astrange decision .

For strange decision insert cheap option dressed up as THE ETHOS.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies