And we are for sale again

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

And we are for sale again

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 24, 2023 5:43 pm

Back in October 2021 the Sun reported that there were 2 interested parties in buying the club from Ronnie keeping the social conscience model of course. Nought came of that.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... mpionship/

Fast forward to today and guess what there are 2 interested parties again wanting to buy the club from Mcgoofey.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... 7_nzTTB4dQ

One of the interested parties is apparently led by a current Accies director. I suspect the other doesn’t exist. As Mcgoofey has made clear numerous times it doesn’t include the stadium but he will quit the football club board. Of course he will he’d rather be the landlord.

So it could be Zengen or it could be Strain. If it’s either of them they are just patsies providing Mcgoofey with a fig leaf. We shall see. Heh maybe it’s the Chinese investors he mentioned once before :lol:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: And we are for sale again

Postby porcupine » Wed May 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Now, TT, there's a bit of misinformation here Accies, have interest from two companies who have shown a genuine desire to purchase the complete shareholdings of Edencrest Limited - the property company owned by Mr McGowan - that would allow them to take control of the club.

If that IS true, then surely it WOULD include the Stadium company, as that is ultimately owned by Edencrest Ltd. Or have I got this wrong?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 24, 2023 7:18 pm

Porcupine, the assets of Edencrest are the 95% shareholding in the football club and the 55% share in Deeka which in turn owns the Stadium Company. Mcgoofey is a director of both Deeka and the Stadium Company. I suppose therefore it’s easy to divest the 55% share in Deeka from Edencrest and Mcgoofey carries on as before. On the other hand the Record story could be inaccurate (Surely not) and Mcgoofey just means to sell the football club shareholding.

Some clever individual on the We are Hamilton site has been digging in Companies House. Our Director Zengen has just set up a new company 1874 Holdings Ltd so it’s a safe bet he is buying the football club on paper anyway and there never was a second interested party.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

Memo to Zengen
1 Sack the entire board and start afresh or at least get rid of Strain.
2 Get control of the Community Trust and get rid all Mcgoofeys’ pals who are trustees. Appoint new trustees including 2 fan’s representatives
3 Remove the affiliation between the the club, the community trust and Blameless. Mcgoofey can raise money for his own charity.
4 Don’t sign a 50 year lease. He will have you in a noose
5 Go through the clubs and community trusts accounts with a fine tooth comb
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed May 24, 2023 8:39 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Porcupine, the assets of Edencrest are the 95% shareholding in the football club and the 55% share in Deeka which in turn owns the Stadium Company. Mcgoofey is a director of both Deeka and the Stadium Company. I suppose therefore it’s easy to divest the 55% share in Deeka from Edencrest and Mcgoofey carries on as before. On the other hand the Record story could be inaccurate (Surely not) and Mcgoofey just means to sell the football club shareholding.

Some clever individual on the We are Hamilton site has been digging in Companies House. Our Director Zengen has just set up a new company 1874 Holdings Ltd so it’s a safe bet he is buying the football club on paper anyway and there never was a second interested party.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

Memo to Zengen
1 Sack the entire board and start afresh or at least get rid of Strain.
2 Get control of the Community Trust and get rid all Mcgoofeys’ pals who are trustees. Appoint new trustees including 2 fan’s representatives
3 Remove the affiliation between the the club, the community trust and Blameless. Mcgoofey can raise money for his own charity.
4 Don’t sign a 50 year lease. He will have you in a noose
5 Go through the clubs and community trusts accounts with a fine tooth comb

Thanks for clarification, TT.

I'd suggest those interested in any deal should consider rearranging your suggestions as follows

1.Go through all the Edencrest/Deeka/Football Club and Community Trusts accounts with an independent Due Diligence process and with a VERY fine tooth comb.
2.Don’t sign a 50 year lease, but if you do, ensure there aren't punitive regular rent reviews hidden in small print.
3.Remove the present affiliation between the the Club, the Community Trust and Blameless.
4.Ensure any new directors have Hamilton Accies FC as their core focus.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Wed May 24, 2023 10:50 pm

Like everything with this lot it just feels like smoke and mirrors. My plea to any new regime (if indeed there really is any change and not a rehashing of the same old gang) please opperate with a degree of professionalism and transparency. Dont get involved with a football club if you are not interested in running a football club. Oh and the fan base is not your enemy. Grow it dont kill it! Basicaly do the opposite of what we currently have.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 26, 2023 7:52 am

I had to check it wasn’t the 1st of April when I read this article.

The leader of this consortium hints that if they can’t buy Albion Rovers they have another club in mind perhaps it’s us :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-30080932
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:38 am

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:35 pm

[quote="TerracingTomas"]Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock[/quote

Looks like there has at least been some communication with only accies. We have heard promises like these before but maybe just maybe? (I hope but dont yet believe)

Hopefully any change of personel will be positive.
Message to any club rep reading this board! We dont just moan for the sake of it. Gripes and complaints are mostly about the same issues throughout the fan base (whats left of it) We cant all be wrong FFS Please listen, galvanise the support and you will only benifit. We love our club, show us that you do too (words are easy)
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:46 am

The Only Accies Boys have tweeted a brief summary of their meet with potential new ‘owner’ Serif Zengin. This point caught my eye.

He also stated that one of his main priorities, and biggest challenges, is changing the culture of the club.

I wonder what his definition of culture is? Is he talking about the current owners/boards mindset or is that aimed at fans? There is a corruption at the heart of the club that needs to be removed. Will Serif be strong enough to tackle it, will he be truly independent of Mcgoofey.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies