Serious question for club & fans

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Serious question for club & fans

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:15 am

Was going to post this before the Alloa game, but didn't want to be negative. So much has happened but my question is more relevant than before. I have not edited it as a result of Mr McGowan's rant of propoganda.

Never posted before (knew that if I started, I wouldn’t stop) been a season ticket holder since 86, barring a couple of the homeless years, tho I still attended games at ‘Toastergate’ and ‘Fartprickpisshole.’ Recent goings on have forced me out from under my rock and I think Sat could well be my last game though it really pains me to say so. Playing/management staff come and go, and I don’t want to get into that. My concerns are regarding the club as a whole. Despite what many think, I still regard Ronnie & Les as saviours of the club. I believe Ronnie is still owed £1M that he put in personally as a loan. He gave a great, frank interview to Ben & Brandon at the start of the season, which reassured me, but nothing has happened since. He is getting older, maybe his health is not what it was, maybe he got bored, or as has been suggested, the abuse has scunnered him. Either way, I’ve not seen him, or Les at a game for ages. Earlier this season when the club was for sale/not for sale/stadium for sale/whatever, the thing that worried me was the silence from Alan Maitland. I know he work(ed) for Ronnie, but he is the chairman, and must be the spokesperson for the club. As manager, and indeed as chairman I found him to be an honest, likeable and knowledgeable fitba man (despite away tops comments) and his silence is deeply worrying. Over the last few years, the only voice is Mr McGowan’s who seems intent on diminishing our already pathetic fanbase. Recent sponsors, who promise much but deliver nothing, have no employees, produce nothing and have questionable backgrounds (being careful here) appear to be (insert your own description.) Any attempt for information on the state/direction of the club seems to be met with hostility, threats and abuse. The previous SLO, Sean, was always on hand, able to sort out issues, but he has gone, replaced by 3 guys who seem to have disappeared or lost interest. I don’t know the reasons why, maybe there’s a reasonable explanation, but I doubt it. So my question is….can someone convince me to keep coming back, or will my season tickets be put in the memory box? Sorry if this is very negative on the eve of the biggest game of the season. Mon the Accies!
PS I’ve won the 50/50 a couple of times, and I’ve never been in hospitality in my puff.
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Re: Serious question for club & fans

Postby Beckford » Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 am

I am in the same frame of mind and feel your pain.! Not posted for years as didnt want to be down on the club that is such a huge part of my families lives despite all the crap we have to endure. Contary to how i appear to many, i am not just a grumpy auld git but really care about our club and cant understand why they repeatedly fail at so many aspects that should be the absoloute minimum of what should be expected by fans.

My stance would be stick with us and dont let the buggers drive you away! Our voices and views will be heard if we all work together. Theres not many of us i know but if we make enough of a nuisence, maybe the so called custodians will give in and give us something we can be proud of. A club needs a stong identity to conect with its fan base, not just decent results on the pitch. If we were glory hunters we would have zero vans.

Hang in there. I detest handing over my season ticket money each season as there is no trust in the club. But i will keep doing it (and moan where its appropriate) no mater what league we are in. Sure there are many who feel the same?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 24, 2023 12:02 pm

I believe Ronnie is still owed £1M that he put in personally as a loan.

Ronnie stood up at a fans forum a few seasons back which I attended and addressed this Crying Time. I think he was Chairman at the time so that dates it. He said he had got most of it back bar a couple hundred thousand and if he got knocked down by a bus in the morning ( His words in case Mcgoofey accuses me of threatening Ronnie ) then he doubted his family would come looking for it.

As to Maitlands position he was Ronnies’ company accountant but last time I looked he had become Managing Director of Cullen Packaging with Ronnie semi retired. I think Maitland finds himself between a rock and a hard place as Chair given Mcgoofey is the club owner. I think he genuinely tries to keep the fans or most of them onboard while Mcgoofey and Strain if they had their way would basically cast adrift most fans unless they had season tickets approved by that pair.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm

One of the sad aspects of Saturday for me was seeing how many of our fan base never bothered to attend what was our most game for years.

Yes Airdrie had a helluva lot of glory hunters,but never in my lifetime did I think we would see that lot outnumber us at our home game -even if was only 1-200 odd.

The Youth side allied to 3-4 quality experienced additions could reinvigorate the support along with other changes.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 24, 2023 2:57 pm

Funny how time plays tricks on the memory. I'm sure Airdrie outnumbered us back around 90/91, the season where Owen Coyle scored a ridiculous amount of goals in a short space of time. They had a huge support at least double anything we took to Broomfield when we were winning leagues. After so long away from a decent level their support was very impressive. I attended both legs. Did we really have only 377 at Airdrie? Accies Twitter never gave their usual detailed coverage, probably because Scott was overseas.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies