Under 18s on brink of Elite League Title

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Under 18s on brink of Elite League Title

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue May 23, 2023 10:57 am

Playing Motherwell tonight at NDP. One point clinches the title and means entry into the UEFA Youth League again. Motherwell are our nearest challengers but we are nine ahead with a game more played. We beat them 5-0 just a few days ago away. Maybe worth your time tonight if you can make it for 8pm.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: Under 18s on brink of Elite League Title

Postby Beckford » Tue May 23, 2023 2:56 pm

A hugely positive story during an otherwise dismal season. Yet it is down to fans like yourself to raise awareness and promote the game. The regime make minimum effort with issues like this. Hopefully all those that are able to attend give the boys the backing they deserve. The players need us behind them now more than ever.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue May 23, 2023 6:21 pm

Beckford wrote:A hugely positive story during an otherwise dismal season. Yet it is down to fans like yourself to raise awareness and promote the game. The regime make minimum effort with issues like this. Hopefully all those that are able to attend give the boys the backing they deserve. The players need us behind them now more than ever.

And Accies Twitter says "normal youth game entry at main entrance". I've never been to a youth game so what does that mean? Is it free, should I bring some cash, honest to God...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Tue May 23, 2023 6:27 pm

Yip 6 of us planning on heading down but spent the last half hour trying to find info on admission fee. Wonder why we fail to attract casual fans! Still heading down but its hard work sometimes following us
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Tue May 23, 2023 6:43 pm

It used to be a donation on the door at the main entrance.But who no,s now .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue May 23, 2023 6:46 pm

Cheers billy
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 23, 2023 7:23 pm

Always been ‘chuck it in the bucket’ for these games.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Tue May 23, 2023 8:49 pm

2.1 accies ht.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Tue May 23, 2023 10:40 pm

Great performance by the youngsters tonight. Well done boys!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue May 23, 2023 10:58 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Playing Motherwell tonight at NDP. One point clinches the title and means entry into the UEFA Youth League again. Motherwell are our nearest challengers but we are nine ahead with a game more played. We beat them 5-0 just a few days ago away. Maybe worth your time tonight if you can make it for 8pm.

Tnanks for the 'heads-up' SC. Otherwise, I'd never have known from the Club's website which is still showing a game V Cove in September :oops: :oops:
Good crowd, and much to be hopeful about seeing a tenacious and skilful team of youngsters in the hoops dominating the game v Well. 1st penalty to Well seemed a joke and saw our manager sent-off for a possible remark to the referee.
Winning another trophy and Accies getting into European football again is a good start to next season. Well done all the team tonight.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed May 24, 2023 12:18 am

Having watched them plenty times this season,tonight was for me an average performance compared to some games,but we got the job done.

Decent crowd and I expect to see plenty of them get their chance in the first team next season.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 24, 2023 10:18 am

In the end I couldn't make it but delighted to see the result. Porcupine, the club's website is such an embarrassment. I clicked on the Club Shop segment and saw we only had nine items for sale, mainly beanie hats. But I scrolled down some more and saw another link to the Club Shop so I clicked that and it had 33 items! Honestly, this club, you name any former junior club and I bet they put us to shame with their website, social media and clarity of information. As mentioned elsewhere, I bet they even forget to do a strip to commemorate our 150th anniversary. Either next season or 2024/25. How about a proper hooped shirt to last the two seasons, remember when we used to do that?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed May 24, 2023 11:56 am

Agree with all you've said about the Club's web site etc. It shouldn't detract from the young boys winners victory against other bigger teams in their league.

This really needs a Subject on it's own again to continually hammer home this message (if anyone at the Club is bothered to do something about it :oops: ) An embarrassment for years now.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Wed May 24, 2023 10:57 pm

Agreed porcupine, lets take our winging elsewhere and keep this one a positive thread lol. But to prove the point, worth mentioning the club posting a hand written league table to highlight something that should be celebrated but yet again turning it tin pot, deary me!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 25, 2023 7:58 am

This is the team that beat Basel on penalties on a marvellous night at NDP in front of a crowd of 3000+ home fans in October 2019.

Accies: Connelly, Douglas (Joseph 87), McCann (c), Hamilton, Stanger, Meikle, L Smith, Mimnaugh, Munro (Slaven 55), Reilly, Winter (Scullion 80). Subs Unused: J Smith, Wilson, Redfern, Blair.

Goals: Winter 19, Slaven 90+5.

At least 6 progressed to the first team but overall some nearly 4 years later you can’t say that the first team itself has progressed on the contrary 2 relegations in 3 years tells all. It’s highly likely that the new season will see many of the current crop similarly progress and I wish them well but is a B team in the First Division the way to get promoted? Our new owner can show his worth by getting the balance right and that means investing in experienced players of proven ‘quality’ to nurture the youth while propelling us back up.

In the interim I look forward to another European night and perhaps a trip abroad?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies