Accies squad 23/24

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies squad 23/24

Postby porcupine » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:56 pm

Good to see Tumilty back with us. Thought he was a usefull player for the Championship so should be even better for us in League 1.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:49 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Don’t disagree Slippy but remember 17 have left the club so in terms of player budget I’m not sure where we are. Also remember that we sold a couple of the young boys so perhaps that money has not gone to Mcgoofey but into the playing budget. More to the point do you know something re the ownership we don’t because it’s all gone very quiet re the change since Mcgoofeys farewell. Nothing from either party.

I know nothing more than anyone else about the potential change of ownership, but obviously there has already been some sort of change and it all seems positive to me. I wasn’t a Colin McGowan fan, but don’t share the vitriol that many supporters have towards him.
The current situation reminds me a bit of when Ronnie arrived and made some solid signings. Obviously time will tell how good the signings turn out to be, but the signs are good. I believe as supporters we have to give the new guys a chance, and don’t hold perceived links with CM against them.I personally just want to get back to enjoying my Saturday afternoons again as it seems ages since I did.
If the team starts winning I believe that everything else will fade into the background.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby EarnockAccie » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:39 am

That is utterly niave.
We need an ownership model that is clean and free from corruption. The stadium must come back into an ownership model where HAFC own it. Anything less is unacceptable and ultimately futile. Sticking our heads in the sand if we just ignore the stadium remaining as McGowans plaything. Nothing changes if he’s still there taking the piss. Get him out fully. Now!
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby accie » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:20 pm

From what I understand Seref is currently in out of the UK so would expect more Info re new ownership when he returns.
Separately, I think Colin McGowan will.continue to own the stadium until a fan wins the euro lottery.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:55 am

An interview with John McGlynn. Maybe nothing new but he comes across very well so hopefully makes an impact.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... n-30342086
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:30 am

EarnockAccie wrote:That is utterly niave.
We need an ownership model that is clean and free from corruption. The stadium must come back into an ownership model where HAFC own it. Anything less is unacceptable and ultimately futile. Sticking our heads in the sand if we just ignore the stadium remaining as McGowans plaything. Nothing changes if he’s still there taking the piss. Get him out fully. Now!

This.

You'd be a fool to bury your head in the sand. Get him out now.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:58 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Don’t disagree Slippy but remember 17 have left the club so in terms of player budget I’m not sure where we are. Also remember that we sold a couple of the young boys so perhaps that money has not gone to Mcgoofey but into the playing budget. More to the point do you know something re the ownership we don’t because it’s all gone very quiet re the change since Mcgoofeys farewell. Nothing from either party.

I know nothing more than anyone else about the potential change of ownership, but obviously there has already been some sort of change and it all seems positive to me. I wasn’t a Colin McGowan fan, but don’t share the vitriol that many supporters have towards him.
The current situation reminds me a bit of when Ronnie arrived and made some solid signings. Obviously time will tell how good the signings turn out to be, but the signs are good. I believe as supporters we have to give the new guys a chance, and don’t hold perceived links with CM against them.I personally just want to get back to enjoying my Saturday afternoons again as it seems ages since I did.
If the team starts winning I believe that everything else will fade into the background.

Sorry Dr Slippy, but you are being incredibly naive, see the post above from Earnock Accie, which is spot on. Until such times as the parasite McGowan gets out of our beloved club for good, any new owners will be trying to work with both hands tied behind their back

Why do you think McGowan wants to keep a hold of the stadium, its certainly not for the benefit of the club. This is certainly plenty of shady dealings with ghost companies going on behind the scenes
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:06 am

Back to squad matters, Dylan Tait has joined on loan from Hibs for the season.
Here's what the Hibs website has to say;

We can confirm that Dylan Tait has joined Hamilton Academical on loan.

The midfielder has joined the cinch League One side on loan for the duration of the upcoming 2023/24 season.

The 21-year-old signed permanently for Hibs in August 2021, before loan spells at Raith Rovers and Kilmarnock followed.

Tait spent the 2022/23 campaign on loan at Championship side Arbroath, where he played 21 times for The Red Lichties.

The midfielder will now join up with John Rankin’s side as Hamilton aim to gain promotion back to the Championship.

On the loan move, Hibernian FC Manager Lee Johnson commented: “Dylan needs regular game-time and this loan move will provide him with that. We wish him all the best for the upcoming season.”

Everyone at Hibernian FC wishes Dylan the best of luck during his time with Hamilton.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:47 am

And another signing in.

We are today delighted to announce the signing of Connor Murray.
The 25-year-old midfielder joins us shortly after leaving Queen of the South at the end of last season, where he enjoyed two spells, as well as having previously played for Partick Thistle and Gretna (on loan).

Has been training with us and playing as a trialist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor_Murray
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:48 am

Injury update re Hamilton and Redfern.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... y-30406149

I can’t see Hamilton making an appearance for us, if he ever does before the autumn.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies