Colin McGowan Get Out Of Our Club

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Colin McGowan Get Out Of Our Club

Postby EarnockAccie » Tue May 16, 2023 7:51 pm

McGowan’s latest video is full of holes not least the statement about Ballast Construction. They went bust 3 years after building New Douglas Park. The three promises are farcical, confirming the club is for sale without the stadium. And we are all keyboard warriors. We must not let the club conflate one young idiots actions, which have been roundly condemned by the whole support, to tar us with the “hate crime” brush. That is abject nonsense. We have every right to protest, and to demand he sells the lot, for the club and stadium to be brought back into one consolidated ownership model within HAFC.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Re: Colin McGowan Get Out Of Our Club

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue May 16, 2023 10:37 pm

All the current media overdrive output has happened because the fans embarrassed the Board in front of friends,Sponsors and the Media.If the fans had remained in Section A,it would have gone unnoticed like most of this season.

End of the day there should be no Football Club v Stadium Company.It should all be the one entity with all profits helping to improve the team and ground with Charity a bit further behind.

The refusal to sell The Stadium Company scuppered the proposed John Viola takeover.

As for Saturday,I was right next to the Protest and no-one there said anything out of order as he and others have been insinuating.

If the likes of what is alleged was said,the individual concerned would have been hauled over the coals by those present.

One comment on an Annonymous Twitter account by a probable wee guy has been used to target fans voicing their displeasure at our rapid decline and paint all the Protestors as bad guys ensuring any repeat will be condemned by The Happy Clappers who are believing the John Bull the last few days from Club Officials who have previous for antagonising supporters.

I am still waiting for the furore over fake accounts abusing fans online,Fans being invited in for " wee chats",threats to batter fans etc etc.

At least the Daily Express acknowledged the viewpoints of the fans unlike the Lanarkshire Live/Hamilton Advertiser lapdogs.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 17, 2023 12:51 pm

Hello children Uncle Colin here. Are you sitting comfortably as it’s time for your history lesson. Well it’s more of a fairy story. Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Fife I owned a football club in the town of Raith. I ran that club into the ground both on and off the park so I decided it was time to get out of town. Just as well as I don’t think the people of Raith liked me cos I was from Glasgow. I wonder if that’s a hate crime? Anyway before I left I told them I would build flats on the ground if they didn’t pay me and you know what they did. :lol: :lol:
Then I found another failing business and my good friend Uncle Jim Watson made me feel very welcome but there was an awful lot of debt so we got another good friend Uncle Ronnie to buy the club and take the debt while Uncle Jim and I kept the stadium. Am I a smarty pants or what. And you know what cos Ronnie’s a real businessman he cleared the debt and not only that he got the club promoted all the way upto the Premiership or whatever it’s called. Anyway one day Uncle Ronnie called it quits and retired but not before he gave me back the club. And you know what yep I’m running it into the ground on and off the park.
Now I was going to make you 3 promise but they are the best kind, EMPTY ones so you needn’t bother yourself with them.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 17, 2023 1:20 pm

Back in November 2017 when Tom Weatherspoon was trying to sell his majority share in Airdrieonians and Mcgoofey was acting as his agent there were two bids on the table for the club. One was from ‘Airdrie minded’ businessmen and the other from a certain bellshill-based businessman Seref Zengin of the ZL Group. Something I never knew. Zengin pulled his bid and the following month he was appointed a director of Accies.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... 560014.amp

I’m sure regular poster YOH want mind me copying this bit from a post of his on P and B

I've heard from an unnamed source in his organisation that Zengin wants full control at Accies within the next two years.

Now I don’t doubt what YOH has been told but whether it’s reliable or not is the question. Zengin has been around the club long enough to see the lay of the land and if he is prepared to take the club of Mcgoofeys’ hands good for him. But surely he’s not that daft unless he has decided to be a glove puppet.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 18, 2023 10:56 am

I copied this tweet from amongst the many posted in response to Mcgoofeys’ video. I don’t know the individual concerned but they appear to come from amongst our more ‘mature’ fans. No need for further comment says it all for me.

There is so much to comment on here and I have watched it twice. Can I just say though that I was sitting just in front of the boys chanting and I didn't hear anything towards John Rankin's wife. This seems to be stemming from the anonymous Twitter comment which should be condemned, as everyone is. The cancer comment I did hear, and it was to you Colin, simply stating that you were a cancer in our club and should go. Not anything about you dying a horrible death??. So for you to twist both of these statements to further vilify the aggrieved fans, who have a right to be, and to push your agenda of playing the victim and great benefactor just makes us distrust you more. You may have come in 20 years ago to save the club but I would imagine that it was not for the badge but to further your own interests. To give out free season tickets to under 18's then demand unwavering loyalty to you is being like a dictator. They are free thinkers and have a right, as any other Accies fans have, to call out the board when they see their team going down the pan. And they may have been fans before the free tickets were distributed so that shouldn't even be mentioned. Just another way to play the victim and incite the fans to turn on ourselves. Not selling the stadium along with the club is another shady move. How are we to trust you not to renege on this promise of a 50 year lease. And would the club still want to remain tied to a person that has no interest in their continued existence? I hope not!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri May 19, 2023 3:29 am

The comments still coming thick and fast iro McGowan's Gettysburg Address on Accies Facebook page with Alistair Duguid now pointing out the many inaccuracies in his diatribe.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies