Accies v Alloa

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies v Alloa

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 13, 2023 6:00 pm

Some fans getting a wee bit carried away on Twitter. We beat ten men part timers. The real test is midweek.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 13, 2023 6:33 pm

Ok fair do's the team won today but after 32 minutes Rankin was out of the door. No wonder fans inside were going mental. I reckon if they had not had man sent off we would have lost that.
All this does is paper over the cracks and against a fairly decent Airdrie side, fairly certain we will lose and go down with a wimper
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 13, 2023 7:05 pm

Ok fair do's the team won today but after 32 minutes Rankin was out of the door. No wonder fans inside were going mental. I reckon if they had not had man sent off we would have lost that.
All this does is paper over the cracks and against a fairly decent Airdrie side, fairly certain we will lose and go down with a wimper

Won’t find me disagreeing with you but there’s always hope. As to Rankin being out the door I’m still convinced that unless he walks he will still be there next season. Mcgoofey couldn’t care less whose manager/coach and if it costs money to part company with anyone he won’t pay.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat May 13, 2023 10:07 pm

Suspect that's an accurate view of how it looks to me too.

Serious verbal's towards Director's Box today. Wonder how any legitimate sponsors felt about that, after the Tea Party invites.
Glad that the young boys football team coaches had the sense to move all their lads onto the touchline from what looked like something big about to kick-off. Only thick/thick-skinned sponsors need come forward at this stage?

Airdrie games will be a lot tougher but at least we have forwards with some belief in themselves now. As to Lucas de Bolle? whatever that guy is, it's not a footballer, IMO.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun May 14, 2023 12:22 am

YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun May 14, 2023 6:43 am

1,040 home fans according to club. Looks some way short of that. One fan on Twitter thought De Bolle ran the show and is destined for the very top. Shows how opinions differ. Once again Accies reliant on a massive club like Alloa to provide footage. Amateur clubs can do this, it's beyond embarrassing that we can't.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun May 14, 2023 11:57 am

What a game. I thought we were down and out already. I went along more in hope than expectation. Once they scored early, I’d resigned myself to the inevitable embarrassment of being put down by a part time team. The sending off gave me a bit of a lift but then losing a stupid penalty after a short o’reilly back pass I thought that would confirm it all.

The protest after the second goal was justified and well done whoever had the foresight to do it along the front of the stand. Shouting and chanting from section a is all well and good but they are 50 yards away. Yesterday it was impossible for anyone to ignore and was picked up by the journalists to an extent it had to be included in match reports. Even the Alloa tv highlight (excellent btw, puts us to shame) mentions it.

However, a crazy 9 minutes gets us right back into it. If only we had played like that for months. Watch it back. No hoofball, no long punts over forwards heads and we look like a football side again.

Hope we have not just delayed the inevitable. I didn’t think we would be in this position weeks ago. Two massive games.

Onwards to Airdrie, if you are able to make it please do. The club needs us right now.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby ggr » Sun May 14, 2023 12:03 pm

porcupine wrote: As to Lucas de Bolle? whatever that guy is, it's not a footballer, IMO.

Really? He'd be the first name on my teamsheet. Quality player. Too good for us IMHO
ggr
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sun May 14, 2023 2:13 pm

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 15, 2023 7:36 pm

Oh oh ban’s incoming. After Saturday the allegation was of one individual abusing Rankin but it’s now been expanded to a number of fans abusing Rankin and the Directors. The use of the ‘hate’ as in hate crimes is to be regretted by Maitland. Sadly an excuse has been handed to Mcgoofey and his sidekick which will no doubt see a considerable number banned from “all football matches”. I wonder if the individual associated with the club who opted using the c word and threatening violence will also be banned.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/play-off ... -may-2023/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 16, 2023 3:45 pm

Fell off my seat reading this article. A journalist putting across the fans point of view :lol: :lol: He will be invited in for a chat with u know who.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/ ... vKMUCaj1ek
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies