Alloa v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Alloa v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 06, 2023 5:43 pm

Judging by comments on P and B, Alloa had a very different line up today from normal. Regulars either missing or on the bench. Rice obviously resting players before Tuesday. No real pressure on Alloa they seemed pleased to have a playoff place and are not expecting promotion. That makes them dangerous. Seriously if we can’t beat 4th in the first division :oops: In fact I’m so positive I’ll bet my leccy bill money on a win. :lol:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Alloa v Accies

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat May 06, 2023 9:07 pm

TT, what have you seen in terms of creativeness that would make you confident in beating not just Alloa but anyone as I don’t see any sustained ball retention and possession at any stage in a game, there’s no left to right and vice versa and movement off the ball to pull defenders out of position before we play a forward pass.

It’s criminal the footy on offer and won’t take much from Alloa/airdrie/Falkirk to put us down , unless those teams are equally as bad if not worse than the fare they offer.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 06, 2023 10:09 pm

TT, what have you seen in terms of creativeness that would make you confident in beating not just Alloa but anyone

I haven’t seen anything in terms of creativeness other than the occasional bit from Connor Smith but I’m trying to retain a modicum of positivity. It’s virtually impossible. Should we beat Alloa then Falkirk/Airdrie await and if it’s Falkirk I have no expectation of getting past them. But then I went to Arbroath expecting automatic relegation and somehow or other we get 9th.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sun May 07, 2023 4:44 pm

It's going to be very difficult but we can always hope
Westender
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 08, 2023 12:04 pm

Link to Alloa’s e-ticket sales here for them that’s going.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/product ... f-1st-leg/

Pretty sure I’ve read there is PATG available.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 09, 2023 7:02 pm

So Fulton is out injured and Jamie Smith gets the gloves. From what I remember of Smith on the occasions he played in the Premiership he did alright but he has seen little first team action this season or last.

Both Ryan Fulton and Jean-Pierre Tiehi miss out through injury, Steve Lawson drops to the bench. Jamie Smith, Lewis Spence and Dario Zanatta start. Liam McFarlane takes squad number 32 and is on the bench
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 09, 2023 8:36 pm

Goal! Alloa Athletic 1, Hamilton Academical 0. Luke Donnelly (Alloa Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner.
:oops: :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 09, 2023 9:38 pm

Att: 1011 (350 Accies)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 09, 2023 9:43 pm

I think there were at least 7 Academy players in the squad tonight so nothing else matters :oops: :oops: :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue May 09, 2023 11:52 pm

Just a repetition of what we've been watching all season. Nothing up front, few if any shots on goal, and a depressingly familiar outcome. We will STILL look like relegation fodder by 5pm on Saturday, far less against a free scoring Airdrie team, should we scrape through at NDP against Alloa.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 10, 2023 7:34 am

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed May 10, 2023 10:38 am

Running out of ways to describe games now. It’s just the same game after game.

Playing players out of position, zero goal/ attacking threat, unable to string two passes together, poor subs, spineless. What’s the point of continuing.

We took a big support. Biggest since the cup final but there was a strange atmosphere. Everyone just seems resigned to our fate. You’d never have known how big the game was given how quiet we were.
We’ve travelled all over the country following our team this season but got next to nothing in return.

Also, Ryan Fulton is not injured. He wasn’t happy about not playing last night. They can’t play him in case he gets injured and loses his move to Portsmouth. The club want the money from his transfer more than they want to stay in the championship.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Gav » Wed May 10, 2023 12:57 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:Running out of ways to describe games now. It’s just the same game after game.

Playing players out of position, zero goal/ attacking threat, unable to string two passes together, poor subs, spineless. What’s the point of continuing.

We took a big support. Biggest since the cup final but there was a strange atmosphere. Everyone just seems resigned to our fate. You’d never have known how big the game was given how quiet we were.
We’ve travelled all over the country following our team this season but got next to nothing in return.

Also, Ryan Fulton is not injured. He wasn’t happy about not playing last night. They can’t play him in case he gets injured and loses his move to Portsmouth. The club want the money from his transfer more than they want to stay in the championship.

Agree with all of this. Someone said atmosphere was like a League Cup group game. Fulton confirmed he was fit.
Gav
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed May 10, 2023 1:41 pm

Good away support once again let down badly.

Two things summed it up for me:1)Accies fans warning Scott Martin he was about to be dispossessed only to be met with abuse...after he was dispossessed.

2)Connor Salmon showing our striking duds what a striker should do regarding hold up play,running into channels etc.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 10, 2023 2:10 pm

Perhaps not surprising to hear this but shocking all the same. Surely championship survival and the financial implications comes before a quick profit?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Wed May 10, 2023 3:29 pm

Perhaps not surprising to hear this but shocking all the same. Surely championship survival and the financial implications comes before a quick profit?

Andy Ryan anybody?
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby Euan » Wed May 10, 2023 11:19 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:

This disclosure is a shocking revelation (but doesn’t surprise me, given the current board).
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies