So you want me to buy the club

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

So you want me to buy the club

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 05, 2023 8:27 am

So let me get this right Colin?

I put a six figure sum into the football club and in return I get a club with no tangible assets other than its licence to play in the league?

Ok but which league is that Colin? Oh probably the first division.

And what’s that Colin, the club comes with nearly a million pounds of covid debt

Oh I must maintain the youth academy because you use the Community Trust to siphon off funding for your own personal charity?

Well at least I get the season ticket and gate money. What’s that Colin you have destroyed the fan base so their contribution doesn’t even even pay the leccy bill.

Anything else you want to tell me Colin? Oh the stadiums not for sale and your my landlord

Gee wiz Colin let me think this over and I’ll get back to you.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: So you want me to buy the club

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon May 15, 2023 1:00 pm

Spot on and it makes the articles from that client newspaper even more bizarre.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Re: So you want me to buy the club

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 16, 2023 5:36 pm

I think someone is feeling the pressure not fan pressure but financial pressure. I wonder if another relegation, Ronnies’ leaving and failure so far to turn the north stand into a drugs rehabilitation unit is looking like a financial meltdown and bankruptcy for his stadium company.

So Promise Number 1 is to sell the club. We know he has been trying to sell since last season so nothing new there new and given it doesn’t include the stadium and comes with debt and his stadium company will take the money from stadium sponsorship, advertising, hospitality etc no surprise he’s been unsuccessful.

Ah but he’s offering a 50 year lease he says. Of course he is because he needs the club for the stadium to generate all that income not because of his social conscious model.

And why does the club need a lease. The stadium was built for the club and has been paid for several times over by the people of South Lanarkshire through 20 years rental for the North Stand by the council.

I’ve tried my best over the years to understand what goes in behind the scenes and anything I’ve read seen and heard tells me I would not by a used car from that individual let alone a debt ridden relegated football club. That’s his legacy and not one that merits a statue.

Ps If you are really serious about wanting to focus on your charity work Colin, SELL THE STADIUM WITH CLUB but of course you want which tell us all we need to know.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies