Arbroath v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Arbroath v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 03, 2023 12:10 pm

So it’s one down to this. Mathematically we could still make 8th I think if we score a barrel load and Cove lose but I suspect the best we can hope for is a play off place.

Arbroath fans are not optimistic and seem to think we have become a goal scoring machine. :lol:

Looking at Hamilton recent games they’ve been scoring a lot more than we have. Got the absolute fear here. We need a big performance to get this over the line.

I’m expecting an Arbroath win and Morton to beat Cove for us to be relegated outright.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Arbroath v Accies

Postby smc4761 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:08 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:So it’s one down to this. Mathematically we could still make 8th I think if we score a barrel load and Cove lose but I suspect the best we can hope for is a play off place.

Arbroath fans are not optimistic and seem to think we have become a goal scoring machine. :lol:

Looking at Hamilton recent games they’ve been scoring a lot more than we have. Got the absolute fear here. We need a big performance to get this over the line.

I’m expecting an Arbroath win and Morton to beat Cove for us to be relegated outright.

Cant argue with that. Arbroath need a least a point to be absolutley sure, and I think they will win.

Morton need a win to give them hope of a play off place and they are on a wee bit of a run at moment.

As many predicted at start of season, we go down and not even with a fight but a wimper. I know its over the season as a whole but that extra time goal from Thistle a few weeks ago will be what finally sends us to oblivion for years
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri May 05, 2023 2:52 pm

Getting nervous about this now. The nerves are so bad I might not be able to eat a steak and black pudding pie!!
I would love to be at Alloa on Tuesday night so how can we do that?
Hope that Cove draw at best so we need to go for the win (it would be mental to play for a draw and hope that Cove lose IMO). Given that I would controversially go 4-3-3
Fulton is a given and we simply have to play Tumilty McGowan and O'Reilly at the back. For what it is worth, given the circumstances, I would play McGinn at left back.
Connor Smith and Scott Martin are certainties in midfield - not sure who else to play.
Again IMO Winter is much better as a striker than a winger and so if Seal is the striker put Winter on the bench and play Lewis Smith and Redfern (if fit) on the flanks / tucking in.
I can't be responsible for my actions if Zanatta is in the starting line up and big JPT is not the answer in my opinion.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri May 05, 2023 5:44 pm

Looking back at Accies good and bad times over the past 40 years, our best seasons have been when Celtic are on top, starting with 85/86 and 87/88, whereas when Rangers win the League we are relegated as in 86/87 and 88/89.
The Rangers dominance years saw us plummet the divisions, whereas our promotion in 06/07 coincided with Celtic winning and our relegation a few years later was in a spell of Rangers winning.
Our next promotion in 13/14 was during Rangers demotion and our survival in the top league ended when Rangers finally won the league again in 20/21.
Surely just a coincidence but Celtic will win it this year, which perhaps means we’ll stay up.
Clutching at straws!
Euan
Premiership

Postby FergiesBawls » Fri May 05, 2023 7:03 pm

Looks like 5-3-2 and playing for a draw.
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri May 05, 2023 9:15 pm

Gambling on a Morton win, criminal
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Fri May 05, 2023 9:44 pm

FergiesBawls wrote:Looks like 5-3-2 and playing for a draw.

Thankfully we got it
Euan
Premiership

Postby Westender » Fri May 05, 2023 9:46 pm

Well we got to the play offs I will never know how we done it crazy team selection . Totally mad substitutions . But let's hope for the best
Westender
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 06, 2023 12:01 am

Just back. Highlight of the trip the fish supper and the entertaining Arbroath drunks from hospitality who were beside us in the stand. At half time instead of going back into hospitality they decided to pick a fight with Accies fans from the terracing and the stewards through them out. The Arbroath drunks not the Accies fans :lol: To the game itself two poor sides but actually it was quite entertaining in a wierd way. Fulton took care of most of their attempts although the cross bar saved us in the second half from one of their strikes. Otherwise I think we could have played all night without scoring. At the end of day Morton saved us and we move onto Tuesday. Rankin praised the players in his post match interview but no mention of the Accies fans who made the trip. No love list there. Results tomorrow will decide whether it’s alloa or Airdrie I think.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat May 06, 2023 12:54 am

What a night.

Three buses booked from Vaults.

Two turned up.

Bus number One chucked them all off as someone opened hatch to let fresh air in.

I was on bus number two and walked off as wasn't leaving 110+ folk standing there.

The 110+ of us went to Bay Horse as Vaults refused to put game on
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 06, 2023 8:03 am

Arbroath announced the away attendance at 285? So another 110 would have meant nearly 400. That would have been our highest away league crowd in a few years barring Motherwell games. Even at 285 still a great turnout for a Friday night.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 06, 2023 10:54 am

I'm guessing Arbroath will have counted the missing 110 as they will have already purchased their tickets. So we probably only had 175 there.

How does it work out with HAFSWO and paying for the buses if everybody walked off? Not blaming them, solidarity and all that.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 06, 2023 11:02 am

I'm guessing Arbroath will have counted the missing 110 as they will have already purchased their tickets. So we probably only had 175 there.

Not so sure about that Stevie. Every ticket gets scanned so they will know how many who paid actually entered. There was about 40/50 in the small stand area and while I didn’t get a great view of the terracing it was pretty packed. Whatever well done for attending it may be a long time before we witness another championship fixture.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat May 06, 2023 1:02 pm

I would have said it was 285 actually there.
Such a shame about the bud - sounds like the driver was a total brammer.
That was as tense as it gets last night - does anyone know if the Allo / Airdrie game is definitely Tuesday or can it still be either Tuesday or Wednesday?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 06, 2023 3:46 pm

Watching Sam North's account of the game on Footy Adventures, it would seem to be around 200 to the left of the stand and if TT is saying about 50 in the main stand, it would appear they haven't counted the missing fans after all.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 06, 2023 4:35 pm

The way results in league 1 are going lloks like we will play Alloa

Be nice to play against a Brian Rice team, or will it
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies