It’s Afternoon Tea Party Time

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

It’s Afternoon Tea Party Time

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 01, 2023 3:45 pm

So Mcgoofeys wants to speak to the fans, well some of them.

Colin McGowan has invited you to attend an important meeting
at Hamilton Academical Football Club on Thursday, May
4, 2023.
The event will take place from
12pm to 1pm. An afternoon tea will be provided.

It’s been suggested on other forums that the invitation has gone to the anonymous GOLD season ticket holders only probably on the basis that they are all well behaved boys and girls. Perhaps it’s a Coronation tea party. Alternatively stand by to be told a fairy tale about how now he has probably overseen 2 relegations in 3 years and so will hand the club over to another of his cronies to run, (on a part time basis). Also a possibility that having starved the first team of funds he will be going ahead with his drug rehabilitation unit and gold season ticket holders will get first shout at a room. Or maybe he’s found the missing million. Or he wants them to stump up for next season now and every penny will go towards the first team squad.

Ps If he’s handing out goody bags make sure there’s no Nero Vodka bottles in them :lol:
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Mon May 01, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: It’s Afternoon Tea Party Time

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon May 01, 2023 5:16 pm

Very intriguing. To only invite certain fans, (I don’t imagine there are a great deal of gold season tickets), to have it on a Thursday lunchtime, to only give a few days notice. I’ll be interested to know what it’s about. If possible, I wonder if anyone could take minutes. If it’s regarding the club, it’s long term future or anything else all fans should be entitled to be there and make their points publicly as we have at previous fans forums and meet the manager nights at far more convenient times.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 01, 2023 8:54 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if this is replicating Falkirk's 10 year Season Ticket Scheme due to the haemorrhaging of finance if we go down.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Mon May 01, 2023 9:01 pm

What's infamous about a gold season ticket holder?
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 01, 2023 9:08 pm

I’ve never met one and wonder if they actually exist. Did they even advertise it this year? If we have only got 300 season ticket holders how many of them are gold?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Mon May 01, 2023 9:17 pm

Does that make it infamous?
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 01, 2023 9:22 pm

Just for you I’ve changed it to ‘anonymous’. I’m going to stand at the main stand door and see who goes in.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 01, 2023 9:26 pm

This what a 10 year season ticket with Falkirk gets you.

A limited number of 10 year season tickets are available for supporters wishing to contribute their long term support, which will provide a cash injection into the club.

Each of these tickets come with a range of holder benefits with regards to hospitality, parking and additional tickets. Benefits include:

10 year season ticket in prime seating
1 x ticket for each of the two home league cup group stage games, plus an additional two complimentary tickets for the group stage games
1 x car parking pass per season
1 x Westfield pass per season plus the opportunity to request additional passes
Bring a friend scheme for four tickets per season
Two places at hospitality for season 2023-24
10% discount in the club shop for merchandise

10 year Season Tickets are priced at £5000, with only 25 available.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Mon May 01, 2023 10:01 pm

Ok, cheers.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby EarnockAccie » Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 am

TerracingTomas wrote:

I’ve never met one and wonder if they actually exist. Did they even advertise it this year? If we have only got 300 season ticket holders how many of them are gold?

I know at least 4. They get to go inside at half time for a posh pie/sausage roll and cup of tea/coffee. That’s what their extra £200 per season gets them for 20 games. No bad if yer scoff 5 pies, and a pile of biscuits, per game.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby wearyelco » Tue May 02, 2023 8:31 am

A few years ago the gold ticket got you access to the bar before and after the game.
wearyelco
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue May 02, 2023 10:48 am

Expected by now, some reference to the "Mad Hatters Tea-Party" on this thread. :lol: :lol:

Really disappointed :P
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 02, 2023 12:33 pm

I would love to be a fly on the wall. I’ve read a suggestion that the invite went to sponsors as well gold ticket holders. An interesting mix. I assume they are trying to fundraise ahead of next season which is fair enough. Remember that after the extraordinary AGM last year an additional 1.5 million shares were created in the football club. Given Mcgoofey hasn’t sold the club unless he tells the tea party different maybe he’s going to sell off blocks of shares. You too can be a part of Accies (but not the part with any voting rights) If you are attending and somebody called Bernie Madoff is introduced as a guest speaker and tells you he can make you a millionaire don’t buy whatever’s being sold.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 03, 2023 7:43 am

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 03, 2023 11:00 am

Copied this post from another site made by an individual who as I understand has made a lot of effort to maintain bridges with the club over the last few seasons. Sums it up for me.

The definition of lunacy, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Same old story, same old rhetoric but no clue or desire to meet with the majority of joe bloggs fans to build a bridge or change things.
If we go down, or when, this one is fully in the "football side" of things. However this article is just regurgitated shite
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed May 03, 2023 11:53 am

If I believe anything from the Record article (& it's a big "IF" :roll: ), it states we only had 315 Season tickets sold producing an income of £71K. That's an average of £225 p.p. with Seniors @ £175 & Adult £275. Seems about right, but pathetic for a Championship seeking a return to the Premiership. Most of us who renew are diehards, but even then there is only so much that an individual can take seeing constant mis-management, missed opportunities, and a lack of any transparency in where any income actually is spent. Along with others around me, I'll need to think about that, even if the price stayed the same for a Division below.

Meantime, Good Luck to any genuine company who is encouraged to put real cash into Accies at the MHTP.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 03, 2023 1:28 pm

315 will be accurate. Of course the club also gives away dozens of season tickets to sponsors and almost certainly counts all of those as attending matches. It's laughable to claim that as many as 1200 home fans are sometimes in attendance when we can all see the evidence on film for ourselves ( other club's film, of course), not to mention the evidence of our eyes at the games.

Falkirk I believe have around 3,000 ST holders, despite being in the third tier for a fourth season. But they regularly do well in cups, the cups that actually matter. We've never given the locals a really big day, other than the amazing league achievements of 2008 and 2014/15, when the fans did turn out in big numbers. Attritional football in the Premier with very few home wins and now the same a division down is not going to tempt floating or lapsed fans.

I suppose McGowan is trying to get more money in with his fireworks nights, comedy etc and Ronnie has said it was him that got him involved in the first place. But the regular procession of shady individuals and outright criminals ( Nero Vodka, Sierra Leone Aid) needs some acknowledgement and explaining but we never get it. No journalist ever asks the pertinent question to McGowan, namely where do you find these people and why does it keep happening? Is it any wonder you struggle for sponsors? Is it any wonder fans are fed up and stay away? Is it even possible for the fans to own the club, like St Mirren and Morton? Will the ground and club ever be the one entity? Could the fans even come together and unite behind a group because I don't know if there is another support in Scotland with so many fragments and so much distrust. The old Accies Trust was a case in point. Apathy reigned supreme. At least we're not Albion Rovers. Yet.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:14 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:315 will be accurate. Of course the club also gives away dozens of season tickets to sponsors and almost certainly counts all of those as attending matches. It's laughable to claim that as many as 1200 home fans are sometimes in attendance when we can all see the evidence on film for ourselves ( other club's film, of course), not to mention the evidence of our eyes at the games.

Falkirk I believe have around 3,000 ST holders, despite being in the third tier for a fourth season. But they regularly do well in cups, the cups that actually matter. We've never given the locals a really big day, other than the amazing league achievements of 2008 and 2014/15, when the fans did turn out in big numbers. Attritional football in the Premier with very few home wins and now the same a division down is not going to tempt floating or lapsed fans.

I suppose McGowan is trying to get more money in with his fireworks nights, comedy etc and Ronnie has said it was him that got him involved in the first place. But the regular procession of shady individuals and outright criminals ( Nero Vodka, Sierra Leone Aid) needs some acknowledgement and explaining but we never get it. No journalist ever asks the pertinent question to McGowan, namely where do you find these people and why does it keep happening? Is it any wonder you struggle for sponsors? Is it any wonder fans are fed up and stay away? Is it even possible for the fans to own the club, like St Mirren and Morton? Will the ground and club ever be the one entity? Could the fans even come together and unite behind a group because I don't know if there is another support in Scotland with so many fragments and so much distrust. The old Accies Trust was a case in point. Apathy reigned supreme. At least we're not Albion Rovers. Yet.

Excellent post - It is a really interested Investigative journalist, Panorama, View From the Terrace etc that is needed to uncover it. We are trapped by our small and fractured support & the ever present Stadium Ownership.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Wed May 03, 2023 3:38 pm

Aye, good post SC. Says it all.

Anyone prepared to contact Samantha Poling or Mark Daly, both from BBC Scotland?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:20 pm

Do any fans actually believe any of the bullshit that comes from this fecking idiot. I quote

McGowan says that will only be possible if valued sponsors and community groups continue to back them. What valued sponsors???????? How much have those valued sponsors put into club most of them are barely funcioning companies

How many gold ticket holders are we likely to have , maybe 30 absolute tops. If the club came asking for money up front, eg 10 years worth of season tickets , maybe the same as Falkirk gold tickets, see post above, would you fork out £ 5000.

With this board in place, the club in 3rd tier, would you be willing to put any money into the club, that, lets be honest dont give a flying fuck about the fans

If we had 315 season tickets this year, the worst in Championship by far, how many next year in 3rd tier, 250 tops?
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies