It’s Afternoon Tea Party Time

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: It’s Afternoon Tea Party Time

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 04, 2023 7:27 am

And the coup de grace as expected - “It’s all the fans fault” :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... ore-target

Honestly he just makes it up and the press print it. The club is dieing on its feet, the fan base more or less destroyed, relegation beckons while off the park ‘his’ stadium continues to attract the floatsom and jetsom of the business world nobody else wants to do business with who we are told bring in 300k a year but more often or not go bust or end up in a Spanish jail cell, a la Nero Vodka.

I feel sometimes when he goes off on a rant like this events off the park aren’t going his way and he tries to divert attention we shall see.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 04, 2023 8:38 am

There is a history of comments made by those associated with the clubs’ current regime of portraying Accies fans in a bad light. Most of the comments are put out there with no concrete proof offered.

These include the fans who ALLEGEDLY complained about the club producing a celebratory banner for a fan who had been supporting Accies for decades. It might have been Alison Walkers’ father.

Then there was the ALLEGATION made on line and at a fans forum that after the Talbot cup tie the kit van with the Director of the Yuf Academy at the wheel was subject to a dangerous brick/stone attack. Worded in a way that might suggest it could have been Accies fans although the word Accies was never used. If that incident was reported to the police we were never told.

Then more recently a female employee ALLEGEDLY had to go home in tears after receiving abuse from fans.

And of course the infamous phone hacking incident leading to summary bans for those responsible for the WAH Facebook page. Despite claims of a police investigation and a forensic phone examination we are still waiting the outcome.

It’s always the few bad apples or the keyboard warriors.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu May 04, 2023 10:34 am

A Raith fan posed this quote from Mcgoofey when he was looking to be bought out from his disastrous running of that club.
"I don't like veiled threats but when I get annoyed, I feel hurt. When I am hurt, I get better. However, if I get angry, it is different, you might just see architects and engineers walking about up here," warned the developer, who has put a time limit on how long he is willing to wait for the dissenters to come up
with hard cash. "If someone puts an offer in just now to put
houses here, I will fight against it for this club. But if I am to be subiected to abuse and nobody comes forward, I will not stay forever.

"If anything happens to this club, it will never be Colin McGowan's fault. If the people cannot stand up and be counted then it will be the people of Fife's fault. The people of Fife can blame the people of Fife. If it wasn't for
Glasgow, there would not be Raith Rovers FC."

At least he is consistent.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri May 05, 2023 1:58 pm

Any info on what the Party yesterday was all about, other than presumably trying to raise cash? That's a full 24 hours for somebody to blab !!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri May 05, 2023 5:28 pm

porcupine wrote:Any info on what the Party yesterday was all about, other than presumably trying to raise cash? That's a full 24 hours for somebody to blab !!

You will not have long to wait to find out. You know how good the club are at keeping us up to date
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 08, 2023 6:53 pm

Well, TT. did you stand outside and count the number who went into this 'party'? it's been suspiciously quiet on what the outcome was, perhaps a damp squib?

The Club must be facing a massive debt, what with another drop in income this season, rising utility costs and possibly the need to start making repayment of those Covid loans that were taken out a couple of years ago. Of course, without up-to-date accounts, any investor/sponsor would only have the Chairman's figures/remarks on which to make any decisions. Interesting, especially as we don't yet know what division we are in next season.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 08, 2023 7:23 pm

The Club must be facing a massive debt,

I’m having difficulty with this seasons’ finances Porcupine. The budget will have been set during the close season based on projected known income but subsequent to that the football club not Mcgoofeys’ stadium or ‘sponsors’ has generated a significant six figure sum over and above that accounted for.

I’ve touched on this in another thread

Rental from Clyde to Accies who hold the lease for use of the stadium on matchdays
The further development fee for Ferguson moving to Bologna
The Hearts cup tie including gate money, Tv money and prize money for getting beyond the usual one game only
and the icing on the cake the 150 k for the young boy to Leeds.

By even a conservative estimate I reckon half million total is not unrealistic. Now the North Stand is empty so that’s 100k in rates but he claims he is using part of it for Blamesless/food bank and other ‘charitable’ work so will be getting some sort of rebate.

There’s never been a peep out of the club re any of this so I’ve always assumed he is stockpiling most of it to pay for fitting out his drug rehab unit which will be a 7 figure sum.

Who knows maybe it’s all gone on the leccy bill and he’s spent the fans cash in more Armani polos :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies