Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Patrick Whistle

Postby porcupine » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Is there any point in starting this thread? :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies v Patrick Whistle

Postby manxaccie » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:59 pm

What's our best case scenario this weekend? Arbroath thump Cove, we nick a point against Thistle? That should hopefully mean a shot at the play offs as I can't see Cove winning both of their two remaining games after that. I disagree with some of the comments that we didn't bother against Inverness, more a lack of quality in key areas and stupid mistakes after going ahead. If we can get a couple of positive performances I don't think we are down yet. Are Falkirk or Airdrie really that good? They maybe have some momentum but I wouldn't rule us out just yet.

We looked vulnerable down the flanks all night against Caley and the two big strikers upfront didn't work, it never does. We are also done for without Scott Martin's work rate in the middle of the park, so need to keep him fit and on the park.

There's no doubt we need a massive rebuild in the summer, regardless of what happens, but I think we might need to buckle up for the play offs again.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:09 pm

manxaccie wrote:Are Falkirk or Airdrie really that good? They maybe have some momentum but I wouldn't rule us out just yet.

Only Rangers and Celtic have scored more league goals than Airdrie this season, albeit they have conceded a fair whack of goals but against a team who create absolutely nothing (Us) they could have a field day.

Of course we’d need to turn over Alloa first (currently) before we can even think about Falkirk or Airdrie and that’s no gimme. Chipper will be desperate to send us down.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:31 pm

Goal! Hamilton Academical 0, Partick Thistle 1. Brian Graham (Partick Thistle) header from the left side of the six yard box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Kyle Turner.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:39 pm

Goal! Hamilton Academical 1, Partick Thistle 1. Daniel O'Reilly (Hamilton Academical) left footed shot from very close range following a corner.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:45 pm

Oh for goodness sake :oops: :oops:

Goal! Arbroath 0, Cove Rangers 1. Morgyn Neill (Cove Rangers) header from the centre of the box following a corner.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:48 pm

:D Hurrah

Goal! Hamilton Academical 2, Partick Thistle 1. Daniel O'Reilly (Hamilton Academical) header from very close range following a corner.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:50 pm

:x :o :oops:

Goal! Hamilton Academical 2, Partick Thistle 2. Steven Lawless (Partick Thistle) left footed shot from outside the box.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:53 pm

Even if we win our last game we can’t overtake Arbroath as 16 of a goal difference so it’s play offs or auto relegation depending on Cove’s final 2 results.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:34 pm

How can they hold on for forty minutes with ten men in a meaningless cup final but can't hold out for four minutes today? Surely you get everybody behind the ball and don't give them an inch. Woeful. We'd have had a chance of 8th if we'd won and Arbroath did no better than draw at Firhill. What a waste. Now we need to go there and win just to make sure of the play offs.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:41 pm

Prediction

Accies will NOT win away at Arbroath. Full Stop.

Even though we played much better today against a team that had loads of chances, we defended very well until the last Patrick equaliser. How many times this season have we let in a team in a winning position??

Thought the FIFA referee was shocking today. Brian Graham has a swing at McGowan and is only shown a yellow? Ref copped out on more than one occasion as there looked to be more than one red card for a Thistle player today.

Suspect we will meet Cove again next season in League 1 as automatic relegation is almost guaranteed now.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Nike01 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:00 am

Can someone pls pls tell me why we are prioritising the u18s? McGinn and One should be starting! Just doesn’t make sense.
Nike01
Pub League

Postby manxaccie » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:59 am

Following on from the late collapse against Inverness, that was a real sickener and I think more or less puts us down. I missed the start of the game but felt the players battled really well and I don't think you can fault the effort - others may argue that point. The real problem is a lack of quality in key areas. As others have mentioned where are McGinn & One? There is absolutely nothing up front and I'm afraid Tiehi just isn't up to it at all. There is also a real lack of creativity apart from Connor Smith or corners. It would have been some day up in Arbroath if we'd managed to hold on for the win, but if you lose a goal two minutes after taking the lead so late on, then there isn't much defence I'm afraid.

I can't see Cove taking anything from Dundee, but I think they will get at least a point against Morton, as will Arbroath against Morton. I also think Arbroath will beat us next week.

What for the future? I'm old enough to remember us here before (and worse) but it's not going to get any better with McGowan in charge. There' obviously some decent players in the u18s, but is that going to work in League One once the mass exodus begins? I guess we are about to find out.
manxaccie
Pub League

Return to The Accies