Accies v ICT

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v ICT

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:40 am

Lots of time before the Cup semi final so the ICT players will be trying to ensure they get a starting spot plus secure a play off spot. Have our lot downed tools? No but clearly they aren’t motivated for the fight. The cup has been won and now the loanees are looking forward to getting the hell out of it while those out of contract probably have their agents touting their cvs. Fulton and Martin have a shot of another Championship gig. The likes of Winter and Mimnaugh will hang around and take what Accies offer. Neither seem to have the gumption to carve out a career elsewhere. It’s a competition but I really can’t see Accies taking anything from this.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v ICT

Postby smc4761 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:04 pm

Inverness on a bit of a run having won their last 5 games, plus they are now pushing for a top 4 slot. We have been their bogy team but since the cup lets be honest we have been worse than shite.

I get the impression most players are now simply going through the motions, especially those on loan or those who almost certainly will not hang around once we get relegated. From yesterdays team, Fulton, McGowan,Martin, probably the only decent players we have will be offski.

I have had a look at a website which advises when contracts are due to run out. If this is accurate we are in deep shit for next season with only 3 players still in contact for next season Zanatta, Winter and Lewis Smith

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamilto ... erein/2999 . Some of the market value for these players is hilarious
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Nike01 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:33 pm

If we don’t play a back 5.
If we don’t play McGinn instead of Sparrow.
If Lawson isn’t on the bench.
If Stephenson isn’t given a chance.
If One isn’t to be seen.
Then I might…
Nike01
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:27 am

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:24 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Rankins’pre match thoughts

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... e-29736489

:roll:

How much shite does Rankin talk.Its the same old same old speech every week and nothing changes. I think he is the only one who believes the drivel he talk
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:18 pm

Goal! Hamilton Academical 1, Inverness CT 0. Connor Smith (Hamilton Academical) from a free kick with a right footed shot to the top right corner.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:26 pm

That lead didn’t last long!

Goal! Hamilton Academical 1, Inverness CT 1. Nathan Shaw (Inverness CT) right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:34 pm

It would be McKay :oops:

Goal! Hamilton Academical 1, Inverness CT 2. Billy Mckay (Inverness CT) right footed shot from the centre of the box.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:35 pm

Not much to say about the game, really, Two poor teams. Once again we have no striker of any ability. Makes one wonder why Andy Ryan was allowed to leave earlier in the season.

Only Scott Martin & Connor Smith looked interested in wanting to win the game. Dan O'Reilly his usual competent self at the back.

Can't see anything other than a Whistle win on Saturday. As said on a number of occasions, I can't see us winning any play-off with this squad who have noting to play for, against either a Falkirk or Airdrie squad who must be on a big bonus to get them into the Championship again.

Roll on visits to Kelty & Stirling next season with a dwindling support. Great Work, Chairman McGowan!
Last edited by porcupine on Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:36 pm

Don’t know what to say anymore.

Down we go. Although not mathematical, tonight has confirmed it completely for me.

Fulton kept us in it (again!) first half and we went ahead with a great Connor smith free kick. Held on to the lead for all of about 90 seconds and lost another goal late on from Billy McKay who almost signed for us a few years ago.

Only pass marks tonight go to Fulton, O’Reilly and Scott Martin. Everyone else Rankin, Daz and board included can feck off. Some of they players you wouldn’t have in your seven a side team down the palace grounds.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:04 pm

porcupine wrote:Not much to say about the game, really, Two poor teams. Once again we have no striker of any ability. Makes one wonder why Andy Ryan was allowed to leave earlier in the season.

Only Scott Martin & Connor Smith looked interested in wanting to win the game. Dan O'Reilly his usual competent self at the back.

Can't see anything other than a Whistle win on Saturday. As said on a number of occasions, I can't see us winning any play-off with this squad who have noting to play for, against either a Falkirk or Airdrie squad who must be on a big bonus to get them into the Championship again.

Roll on visits to Kelty & Stirling next season with a dwindling support. Great Work, Chairman McGowan!

And therein lies the problem. As long as McGowan does not give a fuck about the football team, and he never will, we are destined to float around the seaside leagues for years, with an ever dwindling support. The club needs to get shot of this leech, but in this day and age, nobody in their right mind would want to take over a football club that is sinking faster than the Titanic
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:48 am

Only positive from last night IF confirmed is this post from P and B

Forgetting football - one bit of good news. Seems Gerry Strain has left the club.

His legacy if you can call it that was to cause more damage to fan/club relations in a few weeks than Mcgoofey caused in seasons.

I’ll keep checking Companies House for confirmation
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:34 pm

He was still very much there last night resplendent in his Accies jacket. As he was at the Scotland Spain game in a lovely Celtic jacket a couple of weeks ago.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:35 pm

Yeah Manxaccie looks like wishful thinking from the various posts I’ve now read. :cry: :cry: :cry:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:44 pm

After the league season we’ve had and the last few weeks since the cup final I see nothing that is going to enable us to survive.

It’s so inevitable that relegation is coming that I think now I’d rather just finish bottom and have it over with. The play offs would just delay what is going to happen.

Get it over with and get this miserable season, majority of players, horrendous manager, amateur assistant and a board that don’t care gone.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:12 pm

It’s so inevitable that relegation is coming that I think now I’d rather just finish bottom and have it over with. The play offs would just delay what is going to happen.

I can understand and sympathise with that view but deep down if we can survive via the play offs then I would take it.

The thing is whatever happens nothing is going to change. With Mcgowan at the rotten core of the business, the first team will continue to be an afterthought that gets the financial scraps he deigns to throw their way. There is no long term positive future. Even if he sold the club he keeps his stadium plus the war chest of approximately 400k he has amassed this year. Stand by for the usual bullshit of whatever it takes and every penny for the first team while he makes another Anelka like managerial signing.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:34 pm

You just know this lot aren't even going to acknowledge our 150th anniversary next year.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies