Queens Park v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Queens Park v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:11 pm

A must win for both teams, one to keep in the promotion race the other well to avoid bottom place.

Ticket details here

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/queens-p ... cket-info/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Queens Park v Accies

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:18 pm

There was a time when we’d look at such a fixture with anything other than “how many goals will we score?”

Nowadays, not so much. How we have fallen (and QP have been entrusted with investment, of course). It’s sad.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:11 pm

Well, there's three of us going to Ochilview tomorrow night. Remember it as the ground with the biggest pitch by size in Scottish Football. Like Accies, it's shrunk from it's former glory, Let's hope for an even game and not a drubbing.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:19 pm

Goal! Queen's Park 1, Hamilton Academical 0. Grant Savoury (Queen's Park) right footed shot from outside the box to the bottom left corner.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:34 pm

Another defensive howler(out of position player sclaffing his clearance) and the opposition score.

This follows on from two defensive errors on Tuesday:Sparrow watching the two yards away Gillespie scoring and Lawson not following King's run .

A competent Manager would have secured a minimum two 0-0 results...not our lot and the mood quite rightly turned ugly tonight.

Totally scunnered at another avoidable defeat.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:36 pm

I’m running out of ways to describe how bad things are.

Rankin asked for our backing and he got it. Fans were superb. What did we get in return??

First ten/ fifteen minutes I think we did well but after that queens came back into it and dominated a poor game overall. We had chances but never once troubled their keeper. Time after time the final ball just isn’t there. As soon as we go a goal down that’s game done.

More bizarre subs when we need a goal and we bring on two defenders although at the time I didn’t realise Scott Martin was on a booking.

It wasn’t that long ago we were in the premiership. I don’t know if we’ll ever get back there.

We are down
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:06 am

Correct decision to hook Martin. He had committed another bad foul in the second half whilst carrying a yellow, and a second yellow could have been given. The ref spoke to him, and he was lucky to stay on at that point.

We were sitting at the far end of the Main Stand, EXACTLY in line with the players, when the ref/lino gave the offside decision which was clearly wrong. The guy siting next to me was a 'spy' from Falkirk FC and confirmed our player was clearly onside. From that free kick, Queens Park scored within 20 seconds. Until that stage we looked as if we could get a point tonight.

We never threatened though, until the goal mouth scramble with loads of players in a 'stramash', but no Accies player was able to poke the ball in from about one yard from the goal line. Other than that we were very poor with the final ball in the 18 yard area.

As I've said before on too many occasions, we are 'gone'. It would take a miracle, even with two Home games, to see us getting six points from them. The final game v Arbroath I see as a celebration for them to keep their place in the Championship.

We have had no effective striker for two seasons and this has cost us dearly with no 'finisher'. It's the seaside leagues for us now, for the foreseeable future.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:41 am

Didn’t realise Daz got red carded for remarks to the assistant ref.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... y-29717691
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:10 pm

Red and white hoops
Championship

Return to The Accies