Morton v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Morton v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:49 pm

A game against a team that has everything I would wish for. Dougie is their manager and they are fan owned and that includes the stadium. While the play offs may be a long shot Morton are not out of it yet so Dougie will have them well up for it. A double yellow for Oakley against Ayr presumably means he won’t be available for this one. A home win more likely but who knows.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Morton v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:49 am

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:39 pm

Run by fans but prices far dearer than Accies except for under 12s. Wouldn't be surprised to see us win this in front of 100 fans. It's what we do. Winning in front of our home support, not so much.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:44 pm

Aye, too pricey for many of us at all levels.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:58 pm

Goal! Morton 1, Hamilton Academical 0. Grant Gillespie (Morton) left footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Calvin Miller following a corner.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:10 pm

Goal! Morton 2, Hamilton Academical 0. Alex King (Morton) left footed shot from the left side of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Lewis McGrattan.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:35 pm

Well there goes the game in hand and nothing to show for it :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 pm

Can't imagine many of us expected anything else, TT. 2 Home games 2 Away with the final one at Gayfield. Don't expect that six pointer will be the decider for us at this stage, given Arbroath play Cove at home where I expect them to win that one.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:50 pm

I’ll refer back to what I said after the Dundee game.
We are down. Accept that now and it’s not going to be just as painful when it’s confirmed. If it wasn’t for Fulton it’d already be confirmed.

The boards insistence on doing everything on the cheap is going to see us in league 1,at best, and probably part time, for a long long time.

We have a rookie manager (a poor one at that), an assistant brought in from amateur football. We are tactically clueless throughout. We make bizarre subs game after game. He is seemingly unable to motivate players with everything to play for. We need hard work, fight, we never give up attitude. We are not getting it.

He talks often after games about not converting chances. Be barely create chances.

Serious question here, how many goals have we scored from open play this season? Does anyone know?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Nike01 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:55 pm

Fulton 5
Tumilty 4 (but out of position)
O’Reilly 4
McGowan 2
Sparrow 2
Smith 5 (but out of position)
Martin 7
Lawson 2 (but way off match fitness)
De Bolle 2 (but out of position)
Ashley-Seal 2
Winter 2

Rankin 1 (but out of position)

The best thing for us IS relegation. We can reset. New manager, who has to play youth. And, we can enjoy seeming them grow. Just now it’s very, very bleak (and has been all season)

I cannot believe that Rankin watched that and never changed formation - it probably wouldn’t have worked, but at least he’d have recognised Plan A (whatever that was) wasn’t working.

And there’s the major problem. Not only does the squad lack quality, but they don’t seem to know what they’re about. Do they pass from the back though midfield? - nope. Do they get it out to the wingers - nope (what wingers!). Are they a possession team? - nope. Are they a physical team - nope. Counter-attacking? - nope. High-pressing? - nope. Fast-tempo? - nope

WHO ARE WE?

WHAT ARE WE?

Oh dear.
Nike01
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:48 am

I just knew we would regret the wind advantage second half and so it proved.

As soon as we went a goal down, it was game over due to our utter hapless haddies up front.Again Stephenson getting a raw deal for me as we needed someone second half to run with the ball.

Rankin has completely thrown the youth under the bus:McGinn,Owens and One.I would now be tempted to bring the youth back in the team along with Ben Black up front as he at least knows where the goal is.Play him alongside Seal and see what happens as we have nothing to lose.

I left with 10 minutes to go to catch the 9:35 train as that lot could play to next Tuesday and not score sadly.I wasn't hanging about there till 10:35 lol.

Looked a decent support who deserve so much more than we are getting.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:46 am

I didn't go last night and suffered the game via twitter and livescore.
The result was not a surprise.
Unfortunately, the remaining games are all against highly motivated teams (that are, frankly, better than us) and it's entirely foreseeable that we won't get any points from them.
This is the inevitable result of a year-on-year deterioration of the squad and staff caused by a serious lack of investment.

I enjoyed the top league for the most part, it might be a long time until we get back there.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:20 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:Unfortunately, the remaining games are all against highly motivated teams (that are, frankly, better than us) and it's entirely foreseeable that we won't get any points from them.

This is the inevitable result of a year-on-year deterioration of the squad and staff caused by a serious lack of investment.

I enjoyed the top league for the most part, it might be a long time until we get back there.

With the present ownership resources, or lack of, it WILL be a long time, if ever, for us to get back to the top league. The investment from 'sponsors' has been all "smoke and mirrors", with many of them showing on Companies House Records to be unable to trade at profit, far less contribute meaningful sponsorship monies to the Football Club.

We have been seen to be amateurish in
Recruitment
On-Field Tactical Changes
Commercial Advertising opportunities
Harmoniously working with a loyal supporter base
Continuing with an Inept & Embarrassing Stadium Announcer

The main focus at NDP appears to be on everything other than on football matters.

Sadly, it looks as if we will continue to spiral down the leagues, with the present ownerships' business plan, (if there is one), other than racking up tax losses for individual shareholder(s), to offset against other outside business interests. It's difficult to see otherwise, when we have had years of under-investment. We might struggle to stay in League One, as matters stand. Both Fulton & Martin will be gone by the Summer, I suspect.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:30 pm

Both Fulton & Martin will be gone by the Summer, I suspect.

That’s a reasonable assumption Porcupine. Virtually the entire squad appears to be out of contract in the summer aside from Lewis Smith and Zanatta. Assuming relegation anyone wanting Championship football like those 2 will be off. As for the rest I expect part time contracts will be on offer.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies