It’s the Final Showdown - Accies v Cove

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

It’s the Final Showdown - Accies v Cove

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:02 pm

Well not quite but you know what I mean. So confident am I of an Accies win that I will be focussing my attention on Arbroath and Dundee. Our win and a win for Dundee and we could in clover come 5 o’clock Saturday. Same starting lineup as Tuesday :?:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: It’s the Final Showdown - Accies v Cove

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:10 pm

There's nothing certain in life other than death, taxes and the Accies ballsing things up....
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:54 pm

This is last chance saloon for Cove Rangers-who we haven't beat this season remember,so expect them to be fired up more than recent results suggest.

They know if they win and Arbroath lose,they will be right on Arbroath's coattails.

Moreover, I heard from a source very close to the family that Hartley will be sacked if they lose although for me that would be too late for them ,but who knows?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:44 pm

I don't think we need worry about a large home crowd and our usual failure in front of one. I'll be shocked if we have 1,000 fans there. A nervy game, which I think we'll win 2-1 but Arbroath will stay in front with a 1-1 at Gayfield.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:15 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I don't think we need worry about a large home crowd and our usual failure in front of one. I'll be shocked if we have 1,000 fans there. A nervy game, which I think we'll win 2-1 but Arbroath will stay in front with a 1-1 at Gayfield.

Supporting Accies over many years gets you thinking that way :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:37 pm

Apparently the £1 a game deal tickets are selling well,so I expect a decent crowd.

Remember they are on sale tomorrow until 4pm and from 10am-12 noon on Saturday.

I can recall folk in our support saying we would have 6-900 at The Final, so 2140 with virtually Zero publicity(I know quite a few folk who were unaware kids under 12 were free),very restrictive Club Ticket Office opening hours and our worst team in 20+years was decent.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:24 pm

Well a better point for us than for them I suppose trying to be positive. 4 games left I think but play off spot looks more and more likely.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:27 pm

According to BBC website crowd was only, 1157, which considering there was a brilliant offer of 3 games for £3, is a tad disappointing. Think we really needed a win today to give us a realistic chance of 8th. Still 5 games to go although a few tough ones to come
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:37 pm

1157 is the figure on Accies Twitter of which only 53 cove fans smc. And I stand corrected 5 games to go for us.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:08 pm

And to the game?? Dire. Turgid. Two teams who are likely to be playing in League One next season. An awful spectacle for anyone coming along for the £3 deal.

Every attack we had, and there were a few breakaways, was met by a scything tackle from one of five who were booked for their agricultural attempts at football. Realistically, can't see any points from playing either Morton or Queens Park in the next six days.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:11 pm

We started really slowly, the fans were quiet...you'd never have thought it was such an important game. It would be nice if the players could've given us something to get excited about. Better end to half and a more urgent showing in second and a goal down I'd have taken a point but we should have still won. Four games against them, DDLD. Pathetic. They'd lost thirteen goals in their last three without reply. How can we beat the Scottish Cup semi finalists three out of three and not beat this dirty mob at least once? What was Rankin thinking taking off Lewis for the increasingly useless Stephenson?

As for the crowd, I doubt if Accies have released an honest crowd figure all season. Our 1,104 probably includes all season tickets, whether they attended or not. A bigger than usual home crowd but that probably means 800 instead of 600.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:31 am

Disappointing afternoon in a season of disappointing afternoons.

As I expected Cove were well up for it due to the simple fact that if we beat them, they were down and as such they had early and late pressure.No way were they going to be a pushover despite recent results and they had three great chances to win it.

We laboured against a very physical side although when Benny Seal was running through it is either a foul for a dive or a sending off for me.Why would he dive when through on goal with a great chance to score?

An elbow in the face for O'Reilly also first half could have brought a red card also.In addition,once again playing players out of position cost us as Longstaff easily had the beating of Tumilty when we had the young lad McGinn on the bench who would have offered more going forward.

I said before yesterday's game we would draw with Cove and beat a Morton side with nothing to play for in midweek,so the result was no surprise.

Crowd wise,it looked a lot busier than normal across the Stand.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:46 pm

I agree yeoldhamiltonian, no surprise at all. It was Coves Cup Final and they were up for it even on such a poor run. We have no creativity in the team and it was like watching the Arbroath game all over again.
I actually think we do better away from the Morgue altogether, these next 2 games really need to end with 4 points and hopefully favours against Arbroath / Cove.
Looking forward to the 2 trips, Mon the Accies.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Return to The Accies