Re: Welcome!

Postby accies4life » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 pm

I never joined the last one, enjoyed reading it though, Well done mate :D
accies4life
Pub League

Postby southoftheborder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:00 am

Ryan

Can't thank you enough for setting this up.

Accies forums are of great benefit to us expats. Ever since I emigrated 'southoftheborder', I have relied on them for a real insight to whats going on.

I am probably one of the longest serving user of the forums - I started with Scott Gardiner's forum in 1997 - and have been ever present since then!

Keep up the good work.
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jacobsladder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:19 am

looks good and lets get it off to a good start by beating the Smell tonight
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby RyanT » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:45 pm

southoftheborder wrote:Ryan

Can't thank you enough for setting this up.

Accies forums are of great benefit to us expats. Ever since I emigrated 'southoftheborder', I have relied on them for a real insight to whats going on.

I am probably one of the longest serving user of the forums - I started with Scott Gardiner's forum in 1997 - and have been ever present since then!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers! Living over in Canada, I feel exactly the same way about the forum. Generic online match reports from the likes of the BBC don't really cut it. I do kind of feel spoiled by the youtube highlights this season though!

Actually, that might be a good topic idea - links to all the highlights.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:52 pm

72 users since tuesday and growing. Keeping spreading the news :arrow:
Alfie Olek

Postby porcupine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks again from me for the re-establishment of the Forum. Plenty of Facebook/Twitter threads on wondering where the forum had gone. Conspiracy theories :lol: :lol: with Scott Struthers have also 'gone' about the same time :?: And still no "official web-site" word about Accies longest serving official having left??

Even for those few days, I, like many others, have missed the chat here. Great to be back. Word being spread about now.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby JMcGrogan'sotherleg » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for setting up this forum.
What happened to the last one anyway?
JMcGrogan'sotherleg
Pub League

Postby jubal1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Ryan,

thanks for setting this forum up, I'm in Sydney so like some of the others mentioned, I relied rather heavily on the old forums for information.

The old forum disappeared because SetBB, the forum hosting company, went out of business and shut everything down without warning, which was a real dick move on their part.

For the past 10 years I've been running a football forum for Sydney FC fans (sfcu.com.au) with 3500+ members and 1.5 million page views a month, it's also a 3 time Australian football fan site of the year winner, so I have some experience in running football forums successfully. Feel free to message me at any time if you think I can be of help.

One thing that you should think about is having a set of forum rules pinned for everyone to see, it sets expectations and avoids 'I didn't know' nonsense. I have a set of rules that I'd be happy to share (although they're quite specific to my site in some cases)

If not, no problem and either way thanks again.
jubal1
Pub League

Postby master1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks for setting this up, hopefully the club will keep its nose out of this one!.
master1
Pub League

Postby shotts56 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:25 am

master1 wrote:Thanks for setting this up, hopefully the club will keep its nose out of this one!.

Let's hope so. We always welcomed stanistheman's input, not so much from anyone else at the club.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 pm

shotts56 wrote: We always welcomed stanistheman's input..................

aahhh...When will we see the likes o' him again???

Does anyone know what has REALLY happened here??

Or is Scott standing against Sepp Blatter? :? :? :?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Wee question - when returning to the site, I always need to put in username and password - the old site remembered them (or rather, the browser did). Any suggestions how to ifx? It's not a big issue, obviously.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 am

Working for Cunard wrote:Wee question - when returning to the site, I always need to put in username and password - the old site remembered them (or rather, the browser did). Any suggestions how to ifx? It's not a big issue, obviously.

Might be a setting I have overlooked in the board configuration. Will take a peek tonight and see if I can fix that.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Beastie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:36 am

ryatho53 wrote:
Working for Cunard wrote:Wee question - when returning to the site, I always need to put in username and password - the old site remembered them (or rather, the browser did). Any suggestions how to ifx? It's not a big issue, obviously.

Might be a setting I have overlooked in the board configuration. Will take a peek tonight and see if I can fix that.

Same thing is happening with me
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:28 am

All fixed - the "cookie" settings for the board were incorrect. Thanks for letting me know!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:28 pm

porcupine wrote:
shotts56 wrote: We always welcomed stanistheman's input..................

aahhh...When will we see the likes o' him again???

Does anyone know what has REALLY happened here??

Or is Scott standing against Sepp Blatter? :? :? :?

Scott was coming out of the stadium today when i was there getting my Celtic tickets. It appeared to be business as usual for him.
Gaspode
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies