Protecting Clubs By Having Transfer Windows For Managers

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Protecting Clubs By Having Transfer Windows For Managers

Postby Accies999 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:22 pm

What's people's thoughts on this one?

In my opinion, it wasn't losing Alex to Norwich that was the problem, it was the timing of the whole thing.

In our case, in the January window we lost a manager and a good player in Alex moving to Norwich. We also lost a second member of the squad, Tony moving to Norwich. I know it's all ifs and buts, but in this case we may have kept hold of Tony during the January window if there was a seperate window for managers, coaches, etc.

Another point which affected us. With Alex leaving when he did it didn't leave Martin much of a chance to bolster and already depleted squad. My suspicions are that the January signings were probably all Alex's potential signings.

My point about the window for managers is that if players can only move in a window why should the manager have the luxury of moving when it suits them.

In our case it probably has suited the club to take the money but for us as fans the January window has been a total curse.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Re: Protecting Clubs By Having Transfer Windows For Managers

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 pm

Accies999 wrote:What's people's thoughts on this one?

In my opinion, it wasn't losing Alex to Norwich that was the problem, it was the timing of the whole thing.

In our case, in the January window we lost a manager and a good player in Alex moving to Norwich. We also lost a second member of the squad, Tony moving to Norwich. I know it's all ifs and buts, but in this case we may have kept hold of Tony during the January window if there was a seperate window for managers, coaches, etc.

Another point which affected us. With Alex leaving when he did it didn't leave Martin much of a chance to bolster and already depleted squad. My suspicions are that the January signings were probably all Alex's potential signings.

My point about the window for managers is that if players can only move in a window why should the manager have the luxury of moving when it suits them.

In our case it probably has suited the club to take the money but for us as fans the January window has been a total curse.

Good post.
Like my political viewpoint, I don't believe in putting in artificial barriers to prevent people doing what is natural and lawful.
After all, there isn't windows when we can move from one job to another.

Maybe we should do away with windows altogether.
What was the original thinking regarding bringing in windows in the first place?
It seems like just an excuse (for the really big clubs and top players) to over-inflate their worth.

Norwich had to bid for Alex during the player window, as he still registered as a player.
He obviously couldn't have still played with Accies and manage Norwich at the same time.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:30 am

he was signed as a player so he went in January transfer window, end of discussion.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby really? » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:37 am

if Alex had gone in the summer we'd be 8 or so games into next season without a win and facing the possibility of going the whole season without a win
really?
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies