Thistle v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:31 am

It’s on today at 3. Will we win lose or draw :?:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Thistle v Accies

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:44 pm

Twenty year old midfielder Connor Smith signed on loan from Hearts. This seems like a good signing. Already played in Europe with them. Four goals in 29 appearances for Queen's Park last season.

As for today, would be happy with us grinding out a point and I think we will. 1-1.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:12 pm

Counter attack goal from Dylan :D
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm

Woo Hoo. An unexpected but very welcome 3 points and a debut goal for young Dylan Stephenson. Listening to various feeds Thistle had most of the play but who cares. We didn’t concede and we scored from open play. I know Arbroath have won as well but we just need to keep plugging away. The great escape is on.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:37 pm

Gained three on Cove though, who have lost 19 goals in 4 goals. Good to see much maligned Tiehi set up goal. Looks like young Dylan is a player. Onwards and upwards.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:38 pm

Three wins on the trot!! Whatever next?? Cove, on last night's showing look the team to have the biggest problems now, but, as said last week, we are far more solid in midfield and defence with McGowan & Sparrow.

With more attacking options up front who knows what will happen with a very busy February and little by way of a break for our squad? Six games in four weeks is a big ask for some of the younger players. Should Rankin sacrifice the Scottish Cup next round by fielding an even more inexperienced team to protect the squad for the league?

Regardless, it's another bonus three points, unexpected four weeks ago, and something to build upon for the second half of the season. Just maybe.... just maybe...... :o :o
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:05 pm

4 wins in a row.

First half was awful. 0 shots on target, 0 shots off target and 0 touches in their box.

Smith and Stephenson should have started but came on at half time and changed the game and were a lot better in the 2nd half. JPT looked a lot better with decent players about him.
Gav
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:12 pm

First half dreadful with nothing up front,but what a difference the Subs made.

Tiehi finally had guys who knew where to run into and so it proved with the goal.Still think we need another striker as big Tiehi was running on empty, but the lad Stephenson took his goal well and has a presence also.

Good support and we were all singing from the same hymn sheet today:fans,players and Management.

Signs also that the current impasse with the banned fans will be rectified before the next game as Alan Maitland had a Meeting with around 70 fans I hear in The Halt? Pub bottom of Sauchiehall Street before the game.

Disappointing Arbroath won,but their players would be deflated hearing we had also won and they had gained no advantage over us today.

I said a month ago a few good signings and we could get out of this mess.If we keep chipping away and show the same fight and determination as today we will get out of this.

At the very worst,I would be confident of winning a Play Off which would not have been the case six weeks ago.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:06 am

Signs also that the current impasse with the banned fans will be rectified before the next game as Alan Maitland had a Meeting with around 70 fans I hear in The Halt? Pub bottom of Sauchiehall Street before the game.”

Not sure I’d be optimistic YOH. Mcgoofey and mini Mcgoofey must think they have won the lottery. They ban a few fans and get rid of a big chunk of their most vocal critics at the same time. If the banned fans’ stay away supporters never return do you think he is concerned. Not in the slightest. I’m sure Maitland is trying to sort it out but he will get little encouragement from the Junta.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies