Accies v Morton

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Morton

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:46 pm

Morton’s last league win was back in November. Since then they have had a series of draws, games postponed and last time out a defeat to Partick. So they must be due a win. We may or may not have another signing in time for tomorrow and possibly a striker. On the other hand we may not. Meanwhile Maitland has reappeared from wherever and is promising world peace. The crowd outside will wait for white smoke before entering.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Morton

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:18 pm

Travelling as usual tomorrow to NDP, more in hope than expectation. Without any points taken from every other team, in addition to those against Cove & Arbroath, it's different grounds for us to visit next season. That 5-0 defeat at Greenock is difficult to forget!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:44 pm

Sorry Porcupine,we go down and we will be like Airdrie down in The Seaside Leagues for many years at best and more likely eventually The Lowland Leagues.

Historically,we have been a mid table side in this League and for this regime to take us back to The Seaside Leagues will ruin Ronnie's legacy.

As for tomorrow,leaving Cappielow at 5-0 just after half-time is still in my mind(I was back in Hamilton before the final whistle)and if this bunch of players have anything about them, they will bust a gut to get revenge.

Winter has pleaded to be played in his correct position but has been a big disappointment this season.Saying that I would play him and Tiehi up top tomorrow.

My attendance will on hold till I hear the outcome of tomorrow's 2pm Meeting between the banned fans and Maitland.Apparently, Alan,Ronnie and the rest were unaware of the carnage HAFC Board has been causing and are not happy with recent events.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:32 pm

Mmmmmm lets see a team in a poor run of form, Morton, are desparate for a win, so who better to come up against than the laughing stock of Scottish football

Could Alan and Ronnie walkaway? God help us if they do with McGowan, McKinnon and Strain still there
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:58 pm

Alan,Ronnie and the rest were unaware of the carnage HAFC Board has been causing and are not happy with recent events.

Supposedly Alan is Chairman of the board and Ronnie is CEO but they don’t know what’s been going on? I have difficulty in accepting this. Gerry Strain is a director of Hamilton Accies Football club. Did the chair not have a say in asking him to take on the role of fan engagement? I’m sure he did. He perhaps didn’t realise what a complete arse Strain would make of it or maybe he didn’t realise that Mcgoofey was pulling Strains strings? Whatever I can’t think of a more dysfunctional group of individuals who should be nowhere near a football club. Can we expect Strain to resign from the board? No way. Like Putin he will play the long game. He will be back. :twisted:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:16 pm

A bit “off piste” but to continue this discussion, I had already asked who Strain was and got no replies. However I see he is the most recent appointed member of the board of the football club, NOT the stadium company. There are eight directors listed. Brown, Doherty, Grey, Maitland, McCallion, McGowan, Strain and Zengin. What power or position Strain has, is unclear.

However Mr Strain has Directorships in 14 other companies, either dormant, established in the last year, or not apparently trading. What he brings to HAFC, with all those other business matters to attend to, is again unclear. Interesting, though.

And YOH? I’ve been saying for weeks that we are down. Mathematically we could still survive taking points off all other teams, but that’s as likely as the Tories winning the next UK Election. However…..in football, nothings over until the fat lady sings, but I think she will be bursting into song well before May, for us.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:07 am

However Mr Strain has Directorships in 14 other companies, either dormant, established in the last year, or not apparently trading. What he brings to HAFC, with all those other business matters to attend to, is again unclear. Interesting, though.

He has resigned from 2 of the companies Porcupine so he actually only a director of 12 :lol:

There is an air of ‘Walter Mitty’ about all these directorships. He claims however to have invested 6 figures in the club. In return for what a seat on the Board and a club tie :oops: In his role of engaging with the fans, he started off by apparently mixing with the fans at an away game to get views, then he paid for a supporters bus to an away game and then started posting Facebook videos after games. These have all been removed from the HAFC Board page along with comments. To say it all generated into a farce ending up with several fans being banned is an understatement. It has achieved one thing though forcing Maitland to break cover but that’s about all to date.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:26 am

porcupine wrote:A bit “off piste” but to continue this discussion, I had already asked who Strain was and got no replies. However I see he is the most recent appointed member of the board of the football club, NOT the stadium company. There are eight directors listed. Brown, Doherty, Grey, Maitland, McCallion, McGowan, Strain and Zengin. What power or position Strain has, is unclear.

And YOH? I’ve been saying for weeks that we are down. Mathematically we could still survive taking points off all other teams, but that’s as likely as the Tories winning the next UK Election. However…..in football, nothings over until the fat lady sings, but I think she will be bursting into song well before May, for us.

My take on this is that Accies are simply being used as a laundering facility for guys like McGowan & Strain etc. They are just flash blowhards that walk all over faithful fans.

Many years ago my now local team Darlington were taken over and run by a former criminal and friend of the Krays , George Reynolds. He built a 26 thousand all seater stadium , paid for by "cash" and took umbrage tom anyone who shouted against the team (see the similarities) the club eventually went bankrupt we demoted into non league football where they still are although are starting to move up the leagues as a fan owned club.https://youtu.be/k7Q_NWhtdn0
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:44 am

TerracingTomas wrote:

He has resigned from 2 of the companies Porcupine so he actually only a director of 12 :lol:

Aye, TT, I had noticed that 2 were resignations and possibly another one due to be struck-off. Difficult to see where a six figure investment into Accie's could come from, via any of these companies. :roll:

Mind you, I could invest a six figure sum today into the Club should I wish to do so.

(£1000.01p) :lol: Would that give me a seat on the Board too?

All smoke and mirrors??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:45 pm

Just back in. Horrendous weather for going out, far less playing football. But, play we did, and much better since the last home league game with the addition of McGowan & Sparrow. Whole team seemed better balanced, more composed and produced an invaluable three points, with a gain of two points on all the other teams playing today.
Morton had their chances, so we rode our luck today, keeping a clean sheet for 71 minutes after the penalty. IMO, MOTM was Scott Martin who gave 150%. De Bolle is a composed midfielder and ran SC a close second. Defence looked sound today too. Teihi is a young boy and made some poor decisions but you can't fault him for effort. Thought Owens also had a composed game in defence.

Position is still not good but if we play like this for every other game, I can now see us taking points off other teams, not just Cove & Arbroath. Whether we survive, is another matter.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:03 pm

A day when I should be overjoyed,but all I feel is sadness.

I was sitting in the house awaiting the result of The Meeting but headed down at 3:05 as no word.Once I got to the ground,there was a sizeable presence outside and the banned appeared saying they were allowed in today but unsure going forward...a cop-out.

All those outside plus around 30-40 folk inside the ground decided this was not on and hot-footed it to The Bay Horse where the game was on.The Pub ended up very busy,loads of singing and folk mingling in support of the banned.

Probably a better atmosphere in there than at the game but Gerry's temper tantrums ensured we would continue to back the fans.

The Bay Horse itself now has Accies fans running it and made the fans far more welcome than The Academical Vaults where Accies fans are second class citizens compared to the green and grey mob.

As for the game, I thought we would win today funnily enough as the Morton line up looked toothless.Still need another striker in the door though going forward.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:07 pm

As for the game, I thought we would win today funnily enough as the Morton line up looked toothless.Still need another striker in the door though going forward

With Dougie forced to sit in the stand as the result of a ban the Morton fans reckoned that was a big factor in their defeat. His presence on the touch line is considered to be worth an extra player. Although a few of them also commented on their line up today. Whatever we got 3 points and didn’t concede with Fulton playing a blinder. At one point it looked as though Arbroath were taking 3 points as well but fortune shone on us today.

As for off the field matters it’s obvious that Mcgowan and Strain are calling the shots and there is not a lot Maitland can do about it. I’ll be surprised if bans are lifted anytime soon.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:59 am

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alan589 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:36 pm

Winter and Teehee aren't good enough if we are to have any chance of avoiding relegation. Winter looked like he'd never seen a ball before when he had that one on one!
Alan589
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:36 pm

Disagree. We won’t get anyone else in this window so must persevere. Both are young boys, still on a learning curve.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 pm

porcupine wrote:Disagree. We won’t get anyone else in this window so must persevere. Both are young boys, still on a learning curve.

In time, I am sure Tehei and Winter will become decent players, as will young lad One, but we do not have time. We need experienced players who can guide the young lads through the game, especially at the wrong end of the table when things are not working out

Having said that, everyman and his dug can see we are off to seaside leagues never to be seen again, which even half decent pro, is going to sign for us with the club in turmoil and freefall, not exactly a good career move
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies