Rory Loy

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Rory Loy

Postby Park Materson » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Well done Ronnie and Les.Another one slips away.Keep up the good work and hope the superdome comes to fruition will look really good in division 3.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Re: Rory Loy

Postby AmanAccie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Loy wasn't interested in coming to Accies. He probably spoke to Dundee ages ago. I actually don't think he would make the difference a lot of fans think he would either.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:19 am

Thanks for that,Ronnie.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am

If he had wanted to come to Accies, we would have had him already or he would have signed a pre contract with us.

Lets move on
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby DontsellAndreau » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:26 pm

rubenthedog wrote:If he had wanted to come to Accies, we would have had him already or he would have signed a pre contract with us.

Thats pressuming accies offered him a pre-contract/ showed any real interest, perhaps accies made these token bids (same with bryson and arfield at the time) to make it look like they are wanting to sign a player, if accies ever really wanted Loy, we wouldnt have signed Scotland again, making us look a joke outfit, hope there happy with the money we will lose now by finishing in the bottom half.
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Well said.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Accies making token bids to make it look like we were interested? Hasn't it sunk in that the club couldn't give a monkeys what the fans think? They have a business plan, they aren't going to stump up 6 figures for any player! The dream is over now wakey wakey folks!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:12 pm

AmanAccie wrote:Accies making token bids to make it look like we were interested? Hasn't it sunk in that the club couldn't give a monkeys what the fans think? They have a business plan, they aren't going to stump up 6 figures for any player! The dream is over now wakey wakey folks!

The short term memories of football fans continues to amaze!

A 3 year deal for a player who will be 30 at the end of his contract and will have little to zero resell value doesn't make much sense for many teams in Scotland and especially not to one who have a proven record in developing young players. If the Accies business plan is that we don't try to compete in offering deals with Scotland's second most financially irresponsible team them I'm all for it.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby simonswimmer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
AmanAccie wrote:Accies making token bids to make it look like we were interested? Hasn't it sunk in that the club couldn't give a monkeys what the fans think? They have a business plan, they aren't going to stump up 6 figures for any player! The dream is over now wakey wakey folks!

The short term memories of football fans continues to amaze!

A 3 year deal for a player who will be 30 at the end of his contract and will have little to zero resell value doesn't make much sense for many teams in Scotland and especially not to one who have a proven record in developing young players. If the Accies business plan is that we don't try to compete in offering deals with Scotland's second most financially irresponsible team them I'm all for it.

Agree. Accies fans obsession with Loy is bizarre.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Accies999 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Simple....Dundee could afford to offer him 2 or 3 times what Accies could. I know what deal I would have taken
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:09 pm

We lost Rory Loy to a club now £3m in debt:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/footb ... s-1.844541

up £0.8m from last year, and a club who have gone to the brink twice already.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Fully accept the point you are making. Dundee are a basket case financially and their debt is rising I've said it before I support Accies business model but the point is we had cash and even allowing for the dome could have spent some on a player to boost a squad that was weakened without incurring debt. Anyway it doesn't matter now It's all about a result on Saturday.
Alfie Olek

Postby Accies4ever » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Dundee won't last.
We will.

Hope come the close season, we act quickly.... same as last year, and sign up quality players quickly, to steady the ship.
Accies4ever
Championship

Return to The Accies