Dundee v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Dundee v Accies

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:40 pm

It’s a sign of the direction we are going that there’s been no forward posting of our next match on here, as yet. Don’t expect anything from the Clubs official site that’s ever up to date.

It was always a good day out to the crumbling Dens Park, but I’ll not be the only one to save time and money by not making the trip this time. Team deserve better? Discuss!
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Dundee v Accies

Postby Bluesy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:41 pm

I actually thought that the team deserved a better result on Friday against Ayr. Their big striker really is prolific and his form / goals make the difference for Ayr this year.

I'm looking forward to Saturday as I think we can take something from Dens + I can't think of anything better to do than go and watch the Accies (says more about my existence I suppose).

I really don't know who and where to play our defenders. It looked very comfortable against Rangers B but I also thought Rangers B looked awful! It is worrying at the moment and I am usually a happy clapper.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Someone at the club must have read ur post Porcupine. Match day info here

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/dundee-a ... -november/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aye, but something now worthwhile on the Club's post. Watch yer parking!! Once parked near Dens on a road without any yellow lines other than doubles starting behind me. Came back after an Accies defeat, to find the Dundee Polis booking me because the rear of my car just hung over the double yellows by about 12 inches!!

£30 fine... Angry driver on return trip home. Bar Stewards.

Hope your enthusiasm holds, Bluesy!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:05 am

Dundee fans on pie and bovril saying the game is in doubt due to the amount of rain they’ve had! Apparently their drainage is not good. Hope not as I’m really looking forward to it
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:27 pm

If these players actually spent time doing what they are paid to do and not talk pish to the tabloids maybe we would not be where we are. This guy is pretty much responsible for our defeat against Ayr and for being part of a defence with mair holes than Rab C Nesbitts vest

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... d-28507132
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:57 pm

Rankins’ view of the game from the BBC match summary.

Hamilton Academical manager John Rankin: "The way we are playing, it gives us encouragement. We are creating chances but we are not ruthless enough in our own box and that is where the difference is.

"We are losing by narrow margins just now, but our heads can't be down. We need to continue playing the way we are, knowing it will fall for us at some point."
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:02 am

We’ve gone! The form stats say it all in the last five games for Cove Arbroath & Accies.

Cove DDWDL
Arbroath WLDDL
Accies. LDLLL

Convince me otherwise!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:00 am

Who hit the shot that hit both posts? Accies Twitter doesn't mention it though it says Mimnaugh hit the bar.

I expected a big defeat so I suppose keeping it to one and having four shots on target is progress of sorts. A win next week in the cup is absolutely vital, no blooding youngsters unnecessarily like Taylor did at Auchinleck. That team still makes me shudder, we all expected a defeat when we heard it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Who hit the shot that hit both posts?

See below from the Courier which would suggest it was Mimnaugh.

Hamilton were so close to equalising through Reegan Mimnaugh’s effort that somehow hit all three pieces of the goal frame.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alan589 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:37 pm

A draw would have been a fair result yesterday but we need wins.

I've seen a video of the goal yesterday and I didn't notice how passive Shiels was in the build up. He literally watches McMullan jog into the box right in front of him and fails to react, not good enough.
Alan589
Pub League

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:21 pm

Alan589 wrote:A draw would have been a fair result yesterday but we need wins.

I've seen a video of the goal yesterday and I didn't notice how passive Shiels was in the build up. He literally watches McMullan jog into the box right in front of him and fails to react, not good enough.

Shiels just casually strolling back, sheer laziness and lack of commitment
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:53 pm

We’ve gone! The form stats say it all in the last five games for Cove Arbroath & Accies.

Cove DDWDL
Arbroath WLDDL
Accies. LDLLL

Convince me otherwise!

Well Porcupine, Mimnaugh definitely disagrees with you :lol:

“ This team is too good to go down.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... o-28555444
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:54 pm

The players and Rankin talk a good game, unfortunately that does not translate onto the park. 1 win in 11 games says it all

Worst Hamilton team this century by far and its all going to end one way. A one way ticket to 1st division where we are going to stay for a number of years. Diminishing fan base and a board who have no interest in the football. As long as the community programmes are working all is well.

A defeat on Saturday against a decent EK side, will seal our fate for the season

Heard Gio was looking for a job
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:17 pm

As I posted elsewhere last week, I took in the EK v Berwick game at K Park, where John Rankin also was there with a notebook. A comfortable win 5-0 for Kilby.

EK looked a strong fast team who are used to playing on an artificial surface so there will be no issues there for them at NDP.

We will REALLY need to be firing well on all cylinders throughout the game on Saturday to win this one. Forget about a three division gap in the Leagues, here, players and start showing what skills and experience you purport to have.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies