Present Management Poll

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Options are

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Sack Canning right now
30%
Change management in close season (no matter what happens)
5%
Change management close season (if top 6 not achieved)
43%
Forget about this season, keep Canning as manager
23%

Total votes : 40

Re: Present Management Poll

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Whatever, but you're losing the argument big time.
By your own admission, Pro-canning 22%, Anti-Canning 78%.
However, unlike you, I don't see life in black and white and acknowledge that there are different opinions that contribute to the view posters vote.

I'm happy to let posters vote, then we can argue the conclusion to the result.[/quote]

The masterclass in contradictions continues. Things are not black and white but you now categorise pro and anti Canning; and its about winners and losers. The 'different opinions' you refer to you have certainly covered single handedly in this thread. You spend ages clarifying how you supported Martin but now you are defining yourself as 'anti Canning' :roll:.

You '....use statistics in the same way that a drunk uses a lamppost - for support rather than illumination'

PS I thought option 3 was neutral ! :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Whatever, but you're losing the argument big time.
By your own admission, Pro-canning 22%, Anti-Canning 78%.
However, unlike you, I don't see life in black and white and acknowledge that there are different opinions that contribute to the view posters vote.

I'm happy to let posters vote, then we can argue the conclusion to the result.

The masterclass in contradictions continues. Things are not black and white but you now categorise pro and anti Canning; and its about winners and losers. The 'different opinions' you refer to you have certainly covered single handedly in this thread. You spend ages clarifying how you supported Martin but now you are defining yourself as 'anti Canning' :roll:.

You '....use statistics in the same way that a drunk uses a lamppost - for support rather than illumination'

PS I thought option 3 was neutral ! :D[/quote]

That's why I stated by your admission, not mine.
You accuse me of contradiction, try reading your own bullshit. It's got more holes than a swiss cheese.
I'll put your rant down to you losing the argument.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:18 pm

If losing is supporting a new Accies manager in hard times; then count me in every time.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:22 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:If losing is supporting a new Accies manager in hard times; then count me in every time.

Is that the best you can come up with :?:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:If losing is supporting a new Accies manager in hard times; then count me in every time.

Yes. Nice and simple, just so you can grasp it.
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:31 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Accies4ever wrote:

Yes. Nice and simple, just so you can grasp it.

Thank you 21%
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:33 pm

My apologies redandwhite1874.

That should have read 20%.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Accies4ever wrote:My apologies redandwhite1874.

That should have read 20%.

ha ha - support rather than illumination indeed. Still remember way back when you were semi-consistent?

I'm fully prepared to write off this season now, where ever we finish imo, will be a great achievement.

I'm pleased with the staff appointments, Boozy and Swailes i think will do really well.

When it comes to Canning i'm still unsure, I don't feel he'll be a flop, but i don't feel he'll be a success either, have to leave that up to time.

Next season is when he should be judged imo opinion, because that will now be his team, there will be no where to hide, no excuses if things aren't going well.

:D :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Do you really want Glasgow Accie to have to step in again?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Accies4ever wrote:Do you really want Glasgow Accie to have to step in again?

Is that the best you can do?
As a man who is apparently an advocate of opinions and discussion I thought you would have provided us with an explanation of how your views have changed so quickly from allegedly pro to anti.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:59 pm

I've wasted enough time on a loser like you.
I'll just ignore you from now on.

Bye-bye 20%.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:03 am

Accies4ever wrote:I've wasted enough time on a loser like you.
I'll just ignore you from now on.

Bye-bye 20%.

A classic response to an inconvenient truth :lol: . I would be embarrassed trying to defend such nonsense as well so we can at least agree on that :oops: .
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:17 am

Replace Canning with who?

You can't just clamour for change and expect things to be great. Look at recent appointments of clubs who were struggling, Motherwell with Baraclough, Ross County with Mcintyre, St Mirren with Teale the list is endless. Hardly made a difference any of these.

Pressley is available....how does that sound? Thought not. Who is a more credible appointment than Canning?

Replacing Canning means changing the structure that's just settling in too with the roles Swailes, Boozy, Imrie and Potter being called into question.

My total support is with Canning and the guys and I'm sure the board will give him time to develop into the role.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:11 pm

One of the reasons I registered for this site is that, it's light hearted. There are a high percentage of intelligent users, who know who we are, where we came from and where we'll be in 50 years time.......still churning out youngsters from one of the best youth academys in the country. We are so restricted with the revenue coming through the turnstiles that the Rory Loys etc will always choose the Dundee's over the Accies, simply because on a bad day they can still pull in 2 or 3 times as much as we do. So to start polls hoping to get rid of a player who has been a fantastic servant to the club but in a short stint of games.....single figures, it's not worked out unfortunately. So do we get rid of Martin and then have a club policy where any manager who doesn't get the points on the board in the first 8 or 9 games gets the bullet.

Who would want to have anything to with a club treating their employees as poorly, managers, players or supporters.

Oh there's 20 of you out get us, can see me and Ronnie running for the hills.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Accies4ever wrote:Do you really want Glasgow Accie to have to step in again?

I'm staying out of this one ......you know my views on this chap !!
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Ps my mistake there's 27 voted but only 8 want me to go just now. Well fine, see when they players get the kick up the backside they require, they turn it on, go on a run of 7 or 8 good results and take us to the throes of European Football. Don't start asking to be my pal again, offering to share bottles of Shiraz or chanting Canning for Scotland.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:49 pm

[quote="Accies999"] Who would want to have anything to with a club treating their employees as poorly, managers, players or supporters. [quote]

hahahaha you must be kidding? We have a record of treating PLAYERS and SUPPORTERS poorly.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Accies999 wrote:Ps my mistake there's 27 voted but only 8 want me to go just now. Well fine, see when they players get the kick up the backside they require, they turn it on, go on a run of 7 or 8 good results and take us to the throes of European Football. Don't start asking to be my pal again, offering to share bottles of Shiraz or chanting Canning for Scotland.

Can I ask you some questions Accies999?

Who are you purporting to be?
Is it Les Gray or Martin Canning?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 pm

[/quote]
I'm fully prepared to write off this season now, where ever we finish imo, will be a great achievement.

I'm pleased with the staff appointments, Boozy and Swailes i think will do really well.

When it comes to Canning i'm still unsure, I don't feel he'll be a flop, but i don't feel he'll be a success either, have to leave that up to time.

Next season is when he should be judged imo opinion, because that will now be his team, there will be no where to hide, no excuses if things aren't going well.

:D :D[/quote]

Serious question redandwhite1874
The above statements, who's comments are these?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Purporting??? No-one actually. I said coming on here was light hearted and that's all it is for me anyway. Although there are a one or two who have gone a bit overboard after quote a miserable streak and have started to accuse rather than purport. You or new best mate that would be. To be honest I would love to be in Martins shoes, who wouldn't. Imagine running out for your boyhood heroes every week and getting to pick the team as well. To be fair, this is still an Alex Neil team minus it's 3 best players with another ready to leave as soon as the last ball is kicked. Does anyone on here actually believe that Lee Lynch (couldn't have been as we knew about the deal before the window opened, Tagliapietra or Sumsky (time scales IMO would have made it hard to scout and sign the players) and Jason (prob realised that with the offer of a coaching he would get someone in) were actually Martins signings?
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies