Present Management Poll

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Options are

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Sack Canning right now
30%
Change management in close season (no matter what happens)
5%
Change management close season (if top 6 not achieved)
43%
Forget about this season, keep Canning as manager
23%

Total votes : 40

Present Management Poll

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Since Alex left, we've undoubtedly slipped and have now gone eight games under Canning without a single victory.
What are your thoughts on what action we should take
Last edited by Accies4ever on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accies4ever
Championship

Re: Present Management

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Don't want Canning sacked would like him to step back down to playing as it is not working.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:21 pm

H9crx wrote:Don't want Canning sacked would like him to step back down to playing as it is not working.

Do you seriously see that happening however?
How would you vote?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Since there is no 'should never have been appointed in the first place option I've opted for right away thanks.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Re: Present Management Poll

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Park Materson wrote:Since there is no 'should never have been appointed in the first place option I've opted for right away thanks.

Sorry Park, I don't have a time machine mate.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 pm

It's early days in the poll, but it's not looking good for Canning & co, if he fails to achieve top 6, with over 70% wanting him out.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

I think some people are forgetting how hard the Premier League will be next season. With the likes of Hearts and/or Hibs/Rangers coming up we cannot afford to get this wrong, bad start to the season could cost us dearly. If we don't get top 6 then in my opinion that's a sign we are moving in the wrong direction.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Who wants to vote in such a useless poll anyway. Accies have treated me well over the years, why throw away all the good times and become embroiled in nonsense such as this. No thanks. Get some stability into the club and tie the management team down on longer contracts
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Accies999 wrote:Who wants to vote in such a useless poll anyway. Accies have treated me well over the years, why throw away all the good times and become embroiled in nonsense such as this. No thanks. Get some stability into the club and tie the management team down on longer contracts

According to latest....20 people want to vote.
It may very well be useless in terms it's not going to affect to decision on keeping Canning or not, but it let's us air our views (and frustrations).

I'm intrigued, can you tell us more about how Accies have treated you well over the years and why that makes a difference on what manager we have.
You also say get some stability into the club and tie the management team down on longer contracts, which in principle is a very noble cause, but would you want to tie the club into a management team that's not working.
Giving Dracula a long term deal in charge of the blood-bank, may provide stability, but it's not necessarily the best idea, don't you think?

With 20 votes cast, there's various ways of looking at the results so far.

30% want Canning gone, either right now or soon (unconditionally)
If Accies fail to achieve a top 6, 75% want him out (option 1, 2 and 3 together)
If Accies achieve a top 6, 70% want him to stay. (options 3 and 4 together)
25% want Canning to stay (unconditionally)

I voted option 3.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Who wants to vote in such a useless poll anyway. Accies have treated me well over the years, why throw away all the good times and become embroiled in nonsense such as this. No thanks. Get some stability into the club and tie the management team down on longer contracts

I wonder Martin, if you have regretted accepting this appointment. Solid professional, and apparent good bloke as you are, if you were honest with yourself, I think you would admit that your management experience is limited - well actually non existent. You must feel impaired by your inability to see the whole picture in terms of how a game is flowing, and you are unable to ring the changes - not helped by your dugout team, whose arms seem to be velcro'ed to their torsos for the bulk of the matches. On reflection, I wonder if you would have accepted an assistant role to an experienced manager (if you could wind the clock back), and learn your trade - it is a big ask to come straight in to manage an SPFL Premiership club - a, on a shoestring, and b, with no previous experience. You are always going to be up against it. I fear your professional pride would reject such a situation were it to present itself now, and I fear you may find yourself in the wilderness next season. If you move on, it would be to a championship club at best, and no guarantee of a coaching/management role - would you be better at accies working under an experienced manager with a view to stepping back up at some future point? I hope you decide to go for this option if available in the unfortunate event that you get a tap on the shoulder by the directors...

You might keep the club in the top 6, or not, and some posters elsewhere have suggested you might be better off in the bottom 6 and introduce the young guns on a more regular basis, on the assumption that they would be demoralised getting pumped every week in the top 6. You will know your squad best, but as a young professional, I would expect/imagine that he would want to test himself against the best - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Would you take the view that it would be better to play expansive, attacking football the 'right way', and ship a few goals in return for gaining the knowledge and experience of how to get it right next time - essentially, do you want to be the cream of the sh!te or the sh!te of the cream?

Using the dairy metaphor as an 'homage' to our generous sponsors, with Celtic as the clotted cream, we are currently the semi skimmed milk in the league - the most popular kind of milk. Lets go for it with the youngsters, keep playing entertaining football, don't park the bus every week, ship a few goals - or be surprised with success - and get the experience against the bigger boys - with the Hearts and hopefully Hibs coming back up, the more experience the better in what will be a very competitive division next season. Your aim should be to finish above the pey eaters, whose supporters were quite disrespectful last season. I would deem it a success to get it right round them!

I hope you are not losing too much sleep, I always find a bottle of Shiraz gets me off....!!

Cheers Canzo!
BJ
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Incidentally Accies4ever, how do you copy the text from previous posts and insert in your own post?
Cheers
BJS
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Bann Joe Strinnge wrote:Incidentally Accies4ever, how do you copy the text from previous posts and insert in your own post?
Cheers
BJS

Dead easy.
Open up your reply then scroll down to you see the poster that your want to insert.
You'll see in the top right a bit that says "quote".
Just click on it and it opens up at the top of your reply.

Then write what you want.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
Bann Joe Strinnge wrote:Incidentally Accies4ever, how do you copy the text from previous posts and insert in your own post?
Cheers
BJS

Dead easy.
Open up your reply then scroll down to you see the poster that your want to insert.
You'll see in the top right a bit that says "quote".
Just click on it and it opens up at the top of your reply.

Then write what you want.

Great, thanks A4E!!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Bann Joe Strinnge wrote:Who wants to vote in such a useless poll anyway. Accies have treated me well over the years, why throw away all the good times and become embroiled in nonsense such as this. No thanks. Get some stability into the club and tie the management team down on longer contracts

I wonder Martin, if you have regretted accepting this appointment. Solid professional, and apparent good bloke as you are, if you were honest with yourself, I think you would admit that your management experience is limited - well actually non existent. You must feel impaired by your inability to see the whole picture in terms of how a game is flowing, and you are unable to ring the changes - not helped by your dugout team, whose arms seem to be velcro'ed to their torsos for the bulk of the matches. On reflection, I wonder if you would have accepted an assistant role to an experienced manager (if you could wind the clock back), and learn your trade - it is a big ask to come straight in to manage an SPFL Premiership club - a, on a shoestring, and b, with no previous experience. You are always going to be up against it. I fear your professional pride would reject such a situation were it to present itself now, and I fear you may find yourself in the wilderness next season. If you move on, it would be to a championship club at best, and no guarantee of a coaching/management role - would you be better at accies working under an experienced manager with a view to stepping back up at some future point? I hope you decide to go for this option if available in the unfortunate event that you get a tap on the shoulder by the directors...

You might keep the club in the top 6, or not, and some posters elsewhere have suggested you might be better off in the bottom 6 and introduce the young guns on a more regular basis, on the assumption that they would be demoralised getting pumped every week in the top 6. You will know your squad best, but as a young professional, I would expect/imagine that he would want to test himself against the best - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Would you take the view that it would be better to play expansive, attacking football the 'right way', and ship a few goals in return for gaining the knowledge and experience of how to get it right next time - essentially, do you want to be the cream of the sh!te or the sh!te of the cream?

Using the dairy metaphor as an 'homage' to our generous sponsors, with Celtic as the clotted cream, we are currently the semi skimmed milk in the league - the most popular kind of milk. Lets go for it with the youngsters, keep playing entertaining football, don't park the bus every week, ship a few goals - or be surprised with success - and get the experience against the bigger boys - with the Hearts and hopefully Hibs coming back up, the more experience the better in what will be a very competitive division next season. Your aim should be to finish above the pey eaters, whose supporters were quite disrespectful last season. I would deem it a success to get it right round them!

I hope you are not losing too much sleep, I always find a bottle of Shiraz gets me off....!!

Cheers Canzo!
BJ

I was so tempted to ask if he was Martin, bearing in mind all the subtle hints, but my last experience with a fellow poster didn't work out well, so I thought I'd play it cautiously this time :roll:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 pm

3 options for Martin to go - including one which would apply even if he won every game left this season!; and the single option to give him time carries the pejorative tag of forgetting about this season. So perhaps the imbalance in the method is a factor in the voting outcome?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 pm

I wonder if Martin Canning really wanted this job or felt pressured to show ambition and was talked into it by Ronnie and Les.

I like Martin as a player - he has served us well over the years - but I never had him down as a manager. A coach yes, an assistant yes, but the main man? No way.

He comes across as a really nice guy and this must be a problem. Alex could be nice but you just knew he could be a b&stard when he needed to be.

IMO we'd be better changing manager now rather than waiting - it might lead to a bounce in form and get us in the top 6.

Thing is, I want Canzo to continue at centre half for Accies but will resigning or being sacked from the manager's role lose him too much face to continue at the Club?
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:20 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:3 options for Martin to go - including one which would apply even if he won every game left this season!; and the single option to give him time carries the pejorative tag of forgetting about this season. So perhaps the imbalance in the method is a factor in the voting outcome?

Great to have you back redandwhite1874. Life was getting so boring without your positive viewpoint.

Granted the first 2 are Sack Martin, the difference being when, but technically option 3 is dependant upon how Martin does (which was my argument all along).
You can look at option 3 in 2 ways.
If he succeeds and get top 6 he stays, or if he doesn't get top 6 he goes. So technically that's neutral.

How many options that Martin stays did you want?

Anyway, collectively your opinion that he gets a free ride right through to next season, with other pro-Canning posters are getting their arses tanned. All in all it's what 22%?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:3 options for Martin to go - including one which would apply even if he won every game left this season!; and the single option to give him time carries the pejorative tag of forgetting about this season. So perhaps the imbalance in the method is a factor in the voting outcome?

Great to have you back redandwhite1874. Life was getting so boring without your positive viewpoint.

Granted the first 2 are Sack Martin, the difference being when, but technically option 3 is dependant upon how Martin does (which was my argument all along).
If he succeeds and get top 6 he stays, or if he doesn't get top 6 he goes. So technically that's neutral.

Anyway, collectively your opinion that he gets a free ride right through to next season, with other pro-Canning posters are getting their arses tanned. All in all it's what 22%?

My viewpoint is there to be shot at; but at least its a single viewpoint rather than a collection of contradictions ;)

The term 'other pro-Canning posters' I am happy to be included within; however it would tend to suggest that contrary viewpoints are therefore 'anti Canning', although I am sure in a highly supportive way of course.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:39 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Accies4ever wrote:

My viewpoint is there to be shot at; but at least its a single viewpoint rather than a collection of contradictions ;)

The term 'other pro-Canning posters' I am happy to be included within; however it would tend to suggest that contrary viewpoints are therefore 'anti Canning', although I am sure in a highly supportive way of course.

Whatever, but you're losing the argument big time.
By your own admission, Pro-canning 22%, Anti-Canning 78%.
However, unlike you, I don't see life in black and white and acknowledge that there are different opinions that contribute to the view posters vote.

I'm happy to let posters vote, then we can argue the conclusion to the result.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:43 pm

Whoops, it's just become 21%.

At this rate, you'll lose your deposit :lol:
Accies4ever
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies