Present Management Poll

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Options are

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Sack Canning right now
30%
Change management in close season (no matter what happens)
5%
Change management close season (if top 6 not achieved)
43%
Forget about this season, keep Canning as manager
23%

Total votes : 40

Re: Present Management Poll

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Accies999 wrote:Purporting??? No-one actually. I said coming on here was light hearted and that's all it is for me anyway. Although there are a one or two who have gone a bit overboard after quote a miserable streak and have started to accuse rather than purport. You or new best mate that would be. To be honest I would love to be in Martins shoes, who wouldn't. Imagine running out for your boyhood heroes every week and getting to pick the team as well. To be fair, this is still an Alex Neil team minus it's 3 best players with another ready to leave as soon as the last ball is kicked. Does anyone on here actually believe that Lee Lynch (couldn't have been as we knew about the deal before the window opened, Tagliapietra or Sumsky (time scales IMO would have made it hard to scout and sign the players) and Jason (prob realised that with the offer of a coaching he would get someone in) were actually Martins signings?

Ok, we'll try to keep it down.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:53 pm

:D :D :D
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Does anyone on here actually believe that Lee Lynch (couldn't have been as we knew about the deal before the window opened, Tagliapietra or Sumsky (time scales IMO would have made it hard to scout and sign the players) and Jason (prob realised that with the offer of a coaching he would get someone in) were actually Martins signings?

Not sure to be honest. Answer probably not but was he consulted/have final say? Who identified Loy as a target? Again I don’t know. I think Ronnie/Les have a great say in signings and not just can we afford them. I would have assumed however that given the likelihood that we would lose players during the window there was a list somewhere of replacements even if that included from the development squad. Why did we call back our loan signings at Arbroath and Dumbarton if not to utilise them in the squad. The signings we did make suggest a wee bit of panic.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Change management close season (if top 6 not achieved) this does not show that he will be a good gaffer or not. It only shows if other teams could overcome the large points gap that Alex got. We could not win a game again and other teams similar and we stay top six does this mean we keep Martin?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:47 pm

H9crx wrote:Change management close season (if top 6 not achieved) this does not show that he will be a good gaffer or not. It only shows if other teams could overcome the large points gap that Alex got. We could not win a game again and other teams similar and we stay top six does this mean we keep Martin?

I do understand the point you are making, as I'm sure there's many cases where good managers have been given the sack and poor managers have succeeded, for whatever reasons.

However football, like life in general, is based upon targets.
Would for instance, a boss be thought of as a success, if the team he was managing was relegated. Probably not.
As some point within that manager's tenure, an appraisal of targets against achievements has to kick in.
The debate we're having amongst ourselves is basically down to timing.

My basic premise is this. We had accumulated 39pts (before Martin took over) and to secure a top 6 would only require a handful of points. If he fails to achieve that, that doesn't bode well.
It's more an indicator going forward into next season I'm worried about.
If we collect a ratio of 2pts every 8 games next season, can anyone argue that we won't be relegated?

I don't think anyone should doubt Martin's commitment to the cause, but at the end of the day the fans and the board demand results on the pitch and also the fact we are in a league based purely on points collected and goals scored/conceded rules all.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby really? » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm

all we were looking for is 3 or 4 points from about a dozen games and an inkling that he knows how to manage a football team but neither looks likely
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:05 pm

really? wrote:all we were looking for is 3 or 4 points from about a dozen games and an inkling that he knows how to manage a football team but neither looks likely

We'll need more than 3 or 4 points, but like you hint at, the performances are not improving either.
So far, it's not looking good.

We live in hope however :)
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Montrose Week » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:24 am

Get this post removed immediately and start supporting the team.

The fact that only 33 people from a support of between 1,200 & 1,800 (on a good day) bothered to vote tells its own story.

Get behind Martin & the team and grow up.

C' mon the Accies.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Joemcc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:18 am

I believe that everyone on this board supports the team. However, I also believe that supporters have the right to voice their opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Since there are only 200 members of the board - of whom only 131 have EVER posted anything and only 48 who have made over 10 posts - I don't see the relevance of your 1,200 to 1,800 support.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Montrose Week wrote:Get this post removed immediately and start supporting the team.

The fact that only 33 people from a support of between 1,200 & 1,800 (on a good day) bothered to vote tells its own story.

Get behind Martin & the team and grow up.

C' mon the Accies.

Out of interest are you going on Saturday? Where you at Celtic Park?

Find it funny when fans tell other fans to 'get behind martin & the team and grow up' when they don't go to games...
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Fans pay there money, they are allowed to have an opinion. Telling other fans to grow up because they have an opinion is ridiculous.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Montrose Week » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Pride of Lanarkshire.

Yes & Yes
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby AlMac » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:26 pm

I've decided to wait until after the next 3 games to judge the new management team.

Between now and then, they'll continue to get my full support.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 pm

AlMac wrote:I've decided to wait until after the next 3 games to judge the new management team.

after StM get their first home win of the season tomorrow you'll change your tune
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 pm

really? wrote:
AlMac wrote:I've decided to wait until after the next 3 games to judge the new management team.

after StM get their first home win of the season tomorrow you'll change your tune

Personally, I'd prefer it if my team wins tomorrow.......
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:09 am

AlMac wrote:
really? wrote:

Personally, I'd prefer it if my team wins tomorrow.......

yes, obviously I want to see Accies win too but I'm not at all confident

no need to sate the flippin' obvious
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:00 am

The poll, has stayed surprisingly consistent, with the 3 most popular options being:

Sack Canning now, between 25-30% (Option 1)
Option 3, between mid forty's-50%
Keep Canning, between 20-25% (Option 4)

I realise that it's a small number of voters.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby really? » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:12 am

really? wrote:

well?
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:51 am

Canning will be our manager until he chooses to leave. I don't even think les and Ronnie will be thinking about a change. We will limp home this year in the bottom six and get relegated next year, lose Ziggy, McGovern, Crawford and bring new kids through. It will take 2-3 years then we will be challenging for promotion again. Repeat repeat repeat.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 am

Canning will be our manager until he chooses to leave. I don't even think les and Ronnie will be thinking about a change. We will limp home this year in the bottom six and get relegated next year, lose Ziggy, McGovern, Crawford and bring new kids through. It will take 2-3 years then we will be challenging for promotion again. Repeat repeat repeat.

Sadly I think you are correct :(
Alfie Olek

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies