Present Management Poll

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Options are

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Sack Canning right now
30%
Change management in close season (no matter what happens)
5%
Change management close season (if top 6 not achieved)
43%
Forget about this season, keep Canning as manager
23%

Total votes : 40

Re: Present Management Poll

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 pm

WILF wrote:Canning will be our manager until he chooses to leave. I don't even think les and Ronnie will be thinking about a change. We will limp home this year in the bottom six and get relegated next year, lose Ziggy, McGovern, Crawford and bring new kids through. It will take 2-3 years then we will be challenging for promotion again. Repeat repeat repeat.

Then they better expect crowds of less than 500 as Accies have ruined the dreams of fans wanting our best ever finish by penny pinching.The mood is starting to get "Watsonesque" and now the happy clappers have turned against the Manager,they have to do something.

I know folk who have been going for 30-40 years and they are more angry now than for many years.They feel like the club have taken them for mugs-not for the first time-and a lot of people will drift away like what happened in the late 70's to mid 80's pre Lambie.Average home crowd went from 2500 to at times 500.

Times are different now.Folk will walk away due to this lack of ambition and won't be back.You won't have a Section A singing support either.A lot of these young guys have grown up supporting us in spite of the Old Filth,your ever present Premiership football,Barcelona's etc.

For the first time in years,Accies had the respect of non committed locals,crowds were increasing and there was pride in the club.People wherever you went were talking about Accies.Revert back to the no ambition type of many years and you will see season book sales halve as well.

It is their call.They fcuked this season up badly with the arrogance of thinking an untried Manager could succeed and keep us doing nicely without purchasing any decent players.The call they make from here on in will decide the direction we go.

From laughing at next door,they will soon be back to being the main team in Lanarkshire.This was our chance to ram it right up them after the years of John Boyle raiding Hamilton for fans with free tickets for Hamilton schools.If they understood the fans,they would build on this,not decimate it.

Accies fans are the most important consideration here.About time Ronnie,Les,Canning,the players and officials realised this as we have seen plenty false dawns and reigning in ambition.Do this again and folk will vote with their feet.One goal from open play in NINE games is unacceptable at any level of football.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Absolutely spot on wee man.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby justanaccie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 pm

I agree with most, put canning back as a player but get someone in NOW, and keep us in top 6
Afterall we were inundated with applicants,
As for some off the player's I think some media reports has went their heeds, ie....think they are better than they actually are...they need a reality che k and get out there, sleeves rolled up s
And stop feeling sorry that Alex and co have now left
justanaccie
Pub League

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
WILF wrote:Canning will be our manager until he chooses to leave. I don't even think les and Ronnie will be thinking about a change. We will limp home this year in the bottom six and get relegated next year, lose Ziggy, McGovern, Crawford and bring new kids through. It will take 2-3 years then we will be challenging for promotion again. Repeat repeat repeat.

Then they better expect crowds of less than 500 as Accies have ruined the dreams of fans wanting our best ever finish by penny pinching.The mood is starting to get "Watsonesque" and now the happy clappers have turned against the Manager,they have to do something.

I know folk who have been going for 30-40 years and they are more angry now than for many years.They feel like the club have taken them for mugs-not for the first time-and a lot of people will drift away like what happened in the late 70's to mid 80's pre Lambie.Average home crowd went from 2500 to at times 500.

Times are different now.Folk will walk away due to this lack of ambition and won't be back.You won't have a Section A singing support either.A lot of these young guys have grown up supporting us in spite of the Old Filth,your ever present Premiership football,Barcelona's etc.

For the first time in years,Accies had the respect of non committed locals,crowds were increasing and there was pride in the club.People wherever you went were talking about Accies.Revert back to the no ambition type of many years and you will see season book sales halve as well.

It is their call.They fcuked this season up badly with the arrogance of thinking an untried Manager could succeed and keep us doing nicely without purchasing any decent players.The call they make from here on in will decide the direction we go.

From laughing at next door,they will soon be back to being the main team in Lanarkshire.This was our chance to ram it right up them after the years of John Boyle raiding Hamilton for fans with free tickets for Hamilton schools.If they understood the fans,they would build on this,not decimate it.

Accies fans are the most important consideration here.About time Ronnie,Les,Canning,the players and officials realised this as we have seen plenty false dawns and reigning in ambition.Do this again and folk will vote with their feet.One goal from open play in TEN games is unacceptable at any level of football.

Incredible stuff.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:06 pm

That is what are saying Yummy Fur.Yesterday leaving the game was the angriest folk have been for years.Folk were arguing with each other whether it was Canning or the boards fault and folk I know who go nearly every week(season ticket holders)have already stopped away games and are saying they won't renew unless decent signings/ or a change is made.

Canning's interview on the official site basically says certain players don't give a fcuk about him and by association us.A blind man could see that early into his reign,so it's either him or them.If he doesn't get rid,he will also be toast.

A couple of decent signings-even guys who were available free like Fraser Fyfie,Scott McDonald or Lyle Taylor would have made a difference.What did we do.....we all see the results of that.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Just listened to Canning interview, strong stuff which suggests an unhappy dressing room.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:That is what are saying Yummy Fur.Yesterday leaving the game was the angriest folk have been for years.Folk were arguing with each other whether it was Canning or the boards fault and folk I know who go nearly every week(season ticket holders)have already stopped away games and are saying they won't renew unless decent signings/ or a change is made.

Canning's interview on the official site basically says certain players don't give a fcuk about him and by association us.A blind man could see that early into his reign,so it's either him or them.If he doesn't get rid,he will also be toast.

A couple of decent signings-even guys who were available free like Fraser Fyfie,Scott McDonald or Lyle Taylor would have made a difference.What did we do.....we all see the results of that.

I share the disappointment leaving Paisley yesterday. Dismayed at the poorest Accies display I've seen for 2 seasons, angry that players who would run through a wall for Alex Neil but were visably disinterested yesterday and mystified that we had a management team who couldn't see the basics and had no idea how to change things. I understand the sentiment about a couple of decent signings but no matter who we signed they would of struggled in that team, the crash in results isn't about personnel it's about the failure in getting the best out of the players who were performing out their skins only 2 months ago.

Where I disagree is with comments like "watsonesque", "more angry now than for many years" and "taken them for mugs". Let's get some perspective because despite the recent results we are still on course for our best league finish in the modern era - in consecutive weeks we went to Celtic Park and won, took 3 off the best Aberdeen team in a decade and knocked 5 past Motherwell taking the aggregate score against our nearest rivals to 9-0 (is that what you mean by ramming it up them?). In the Watson days we couldn't pay the players wages but in the last couple of months we have had 7 figure sums for 2 of our players.

We all are ambitious for the club we support but that ambition needs to be anchored in realism and that realism is as you wrote that we have an average home crowd of just over 1000 - anyway what is ambition, paying over the odds to sign average players who failed down south or developing young players who will succeed at the highest level?

Lastly the happy clapper stuff is really dull. We have little enough fans without trying to divide the support we have.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Trend in the poll is moving towards getting rid of Canning now.
I wonder why :roll:

I think we all are feeling the bitter disappointment of the last 2 months.
If top 6 is gone, it's gone.
What we need now is the board to realise the true situation and to act responsibly to correct the situation, more for next season than this.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 am

Canning out now.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:15 am

Yummy Fur wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:That is what are saying Yummy Fur.Yesterday leaving the game was the angriest folk have been for years.Folk were arguing with each other whether it was Canning or the boards fault and folk I know who go nearly every week(season ticket holders)have already stopped away games and are saying they won't renew unless decent signings/ or a change is made.

I share the disappointment leaving Paisley yesterday. Dismayed at the poorest Accies display I've seen for 2 seasons, angry that players who would run through a wall for Alex Neil but were visably disinterested yesterday and mystified that we had a management team who couldn't see the basics and had no idea how to change things. I understand the sentiment about a couple of decent signings but no matter who we signed they would of struggled in that team, the crash in results isn't about personnel it's about the failure in getting the best out of the players who were performing out their skins only 2 months ago.

Where I disagree is with comments like "watsonesque", "more angry now than for many years" and "taken them for mugs". Let's get some perspective because despite the recent results we are still on course for our best league finish in the modern era - in consecutive weeks we went to Celtic Park and won, took 3 off the best Aberdeen team in a decade and knocked 5 past Motherwell taking the aggregate score against our nearest rivals to 9-0 (is that what you mean by ramming it up them?). In the Watson days we couldn't pay the players wages but in the last couple of months we have had 7 figure sums for 2 of our players.

We all are ambitious for the club we support but that ambition needs to be anchored in realism and that realism is as you wrote that we have an average home crowd of just over 1000 - anyway what is ambition, paying over the odds to sign average players who failed down south or developing young players who will succeed at the highest level?

Lastly the happy clapper stuff is really dull. We have little enough fans without trying to divide the support we have.

Yummy fur you have summed it up perfectly, YOH's post was a perfect example of the over the top negativity that has engulfed some fans.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 pm

If Canning truly believes that certain players are not trying for him and the team, then he's the person that needs to change things.

Get these "non-tryers" on the bench or drop them altogether.

He is manager isn't he?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby H9crx » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:21 pm

If he was the man I would have liked to see Daz and a few others playing in the u20's today. Sadly not
H9crx
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies