Raith v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Raith v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:54 pm

Their win over Partick last week seems to have convinced a few Rovers’ fans that they have found form. But a look at their last six games shows a bit of inconsistency 3 wins, 2 defeats and a draw. Not that I wouldn’t take that for an Accies team. I just start of each game assuming an Accies defeat and take anything more than that as a positive. The second half Accies performance last week was the equivalent of Rankin playing his get out of jail free card. Although I’m not convinced that the Board, our pretend CEO or Mcgoofey, whoever is pulling the strings these days, are anywhere near getting rid of him. So does he keep the second half formation and lineup. Tune in at 2 on Saturday to,find out.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Raith v Accies

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:05 pm

A miracle similar to the one at Inverness required here , fingers crossed. Mon The Accies
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:11 am

With Cove Rangers beating Queens Park 2-0 tonight,the gap is back to five points ahead of a difficult away game tomorrow.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby RRFCfan » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:32 am

Looking forward to the game. We’re starting to click as a unit at Raith and confidence is high, which probably means we’ll get beat…

Enjoy the game lads
RRFCfan
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:27 pm

RRFCfan wrote:Looking forward to the game. We’re starting to click as a unit at Raith and confidence is high, which probably means we’ll get beat…

Enjoy the game lads

Dont suppose you fancy taking McGowan back to Raith, before he totally detroys the club and alientates fans even more
smc4761
Premiership

Postby RRFCfan » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:10 pm

Very nearly destroyed us so no thanks!
RRFCfan
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:06 pm

Raith 1 up in 5 minutes :oops: Another 4 - 4 :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alan589 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:18 pm

Rankine has to go before we are doomed.
Alan589
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:05 pm

On the Pie and Bovril site before the season started, about 90% of folks there said that Accies would finish bottom at end of season. Maybe early days but who says the P&B crowd dont know their stuff

Anyone care to try and put a positive spin on where the club are heading, apart from maybe going to Forfar to get a bridie
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:15 pm

Positive spin you say SMC? Do you not realise that the point of todays game was to give yuf a chance so mission accomplished. Our young goalie got a full game, Brown and McGinn got 60 minutes each and One got 30. Ronnie, Maitland and George away home happy :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:27 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Positive spin you say SMC? Do you not realise that the point of todays game was to give yuf a chance so mission accomplished. Our young goalie got a full game, Brown and McGinn got 60 minutes each and One got 30. Ronnie, Maitland and George away home happy :oops:

Introducing the odd yuf player, is fine if you are mid table or near top, full of confidence, everything we are not. We have a great batch of youngsters coming through, you only have to look at under 18 team. BUT throw too many of them in at the one time, with a team low on confidence playing against many seasoned pros. Add to the mix an inexperienced manager, a club with a small and ever diminishing fan base and there is only 1 way this is going to end.

Anyhoo looking forward to my Forfar Bridie
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:32 pm

See there’s a positive next seasons Forfar bridies. Knowing our luck they will get relegated as well. Any one there today know if Les was at the game. He seems to have disappeared from sight while no doubt enjoying the perks of the SPFL Board.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:40 pm

Forfar are in League Two folks. Give it a couple of seasons...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:48 pm

Yeah forfar are bottom of league 2,lost to annan at home there heading out the league .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby RRFCfan » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:58 pm

I actually thought your young keeper was excellent today. Not much he could have done about the goals and pulled off one of the best saves I’ve seen from a 8 yard volley.

Is Rankine the issue or is it a basic lack of funding? How come Zanatta didn’t play?
RRFCfan
Pub League

Postby Gav » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:04 pm

RRFCfan wrote:I actually thought your young keeper was excellent today. Not much he could have done about the goals and pulled off one of the best saves I’ve seen from a 8 yard volley.

Is Rankine the issue or is it a basic lack of funding? How come Zanatta didn’t play?

Zanatta didnt play because he is a non trying imposter. He is actually worse than some of the shite that played today.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:14 pm

Yeah forfar are bottom of league 2,lost to annan at home there heading out the league .

Oh Ffs there goes my last bit of positivity :(
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:16 pm

Is Rankine the issue or is it a basic lack of funding?

Lost count of the number of times McGoofey proudly announces he sets the budget and asa Raith fan you know what that means
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:44 pm

Playing devil's advocate, according to Ronnie's interview with Only Accies, it was Colin McGowan that alerted him to Accies being close to folding in 2003 that meant he stepped in and saved us. So do we really owe McGowan after all? Just putting it out there.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:26 pm

I’m paraphrasing here but when he came in Rankin said he wanted us to be aggressive, hard working, in your face and attacking. I’ve seen none of it.

I’ve supported accies, as we all have, through thick and thin. There’s been many good times and many bad times but we are touching as bad as I can remember. Many regulars are now not interested and don’t bother coming. They’ve found something else to do with their Saturday afternoons. I don’t blame them. I’m close to it myself. If we don’t get a better performance and result against Ayr on Friday I might chuck it myself. Can’t believe I’m thinking like that!!

On to the game. Yet more early and late goals conceded. The stats must be incredible for the amount of goals we lose in the first and last ten minutes of both halves. Every week it seems to happen. Someone more intelligent than me might be able to work it out. At time I didn’t even know what formation we were playing. I don’t think we even had a shot second half?

Pass marks for who?

Jamie smith done ok and I don’t think can be blamed for any of the goals conceded.

JPT took his goal well and ran their number 14 ragged.

Andy winter worked well and looked a threat. Had to hit the target with his header just before we scored though.

The rest however, pish. To pick out a couple, who was Shiels looking to blame for their third? Looking about shouting when he had stood their watching his man run past. Easty has went on a season too long and yet we still look better with him in the side. Doyle is showing why he couldn’t get a game for Queen’s Park. Martin just looks like he can’t be arsed and has zero technical ability. A passenger who was totally uninterested.

I’m certainly not pinning my hopes on these two but where are Jamie Hamilton and Lucas DeBolle? If Jamie still isn’t fit why on Earth did we resign him and how unprofessional is it to come back so unfit we are into November and he still isn’t ready to even make the bench.

Where do we go from here other than down. If can manage to stay in touch until January serious money will have to be spent on quality, experienced players ready to go right away. Otherwise its goodby championship, hello part time football.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies