Accies v Cove

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Cove

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:59 pm

Don’t Saturdays come round quickly when ur enjoying yourself ;) Anyway Cove Rangers's home form is good with the following results : 3 wins, 1 draws, and 2 losses but their away form is considered very poor, as a result of 0 wins, 2 draws, and 4 losses. So on paper this should be a 3 pointer for us. Buttttttt…..? No Martin, no O’ Reilly and possibly no Fulton and definitely no Ambrose!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Cove

Postby smc4761 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:17 am

TerracingTomas wrote:Don’t Saturdays come round quickly when ur enjoying yourself ;) Anyway Cove Rangers's home form is good with the following results : 3 wins, 1 draws, and 2 losses but their away form is considered very poor, as a result of 0 wins, 2 draws, and 4 losses. So on paper this should be a 3 pointer for us. Buttttttt…..? No Martin, no O’ Reilly and possibly no Fulton and definitely no Ambrose!

No hope!!
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:57 pm

Wot the BBC are saying about Ambrose playing against ICT tonight for the Ton.

He's performed really well. You can see the players responding around him - that's what you want.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:47 pm

Ambrose strolled through that. Rightly given MOTM. Good old Accies, keeping him fit for one of our rivals. I'll be saving my £20 tomorrow, they don't deserve it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:54 pm

Ellis Brown starts :o
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:56 pm

Only Accies could score 4 goals and still not win. Fair do's being 1-4 down at one point and coming back. Could be a fight at bottom again beween 3 teams as the gap to 7th is now between 6 and 9 points
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:07 pm

Positives - We scored 4 goals. We came back from 4 - 1 down Arbroath lost and we have moved off the bottom.

Negatives - We lost 4 goals and first half by all accounts we were clueless. Our defence is not very good.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Looks like Rankin may have bought himself another week or so., with todays result Will he last till Christmas.

McGowan spending all clubs cash on his pet project, so looks like he aint going anywhere. It really is shit watching the club we love dying a slow and painful death
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:58 pm

It pains me to say it but I won money on Cove today. Cashed out on 83 minutes for a very generous sum, as I could see us getting at least a point. The very fact at one point we were losing 1-4 at home to Cove Rangers is an utter disgrace and a clear indicator of how far we have fallen. Maybe we should start following the U18s as I hear young Lewis Latona was superb last night while Ben Black and Liam Morgan seem to score every game.

1,098 given as the crowd, another work of pure fiction.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:52 pm

Defence was patchy today with Ellis Brown in at RB. Brushed off the ball too often. Lewis Smith was fairly anonomous and Johhny Ngudu totally a waste of space in mid-field. Steve Lawson worked his socks off but had little support around him. Virtanen again very hit and miss with loads of uncontrolled headers and punts to no-one. We were far, far better with the inclusion of Tehei & One near the end.

Referee was again very inconsistent, but played 5/6 minutes extra due to Cove's goalie persistently time wasting and did give us a free kick in the penalty box which led to the equaliser.

Think we would have won it, if we had another 5 mins extra on top of time played, but defence was leaky again and your Ellis Brown at RB brushed off the ball far too often. Steve Lawson MOTM IMO.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:28 pm

1,098 given as the crowd, another work of pure fiction.

I didn’t want to raise the question of crowds Stevie as a distraction from the game itself but the crowd figures for the last few home games would indicate at face value we are getting around 1000 for every home game. Not attending home games and not getting any significant tv highlights can anyone who is going regularly confirm these figures are right or are we counting all season tickets paid or free whether they attend or not. In previous seasons as the run of poor results kicks in gates usually start falling to the 700 mark and no I get no pleasure from poor home crowds.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:37 pm

They definitely count every ST as being present. They give away dozens of freebie tickets to businesses, youth groups every season and these imaginary fans always get counted. There were games last season with barely 500 home fans including hospitality but the given crowd was generally above 1000 home fans.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:17 pm

porcupine wrote:Defence was patchy today with Ellis Brown in at RB. Brushed off the ball too often. Lewis Smith was fairly anonomous and Johhny Ngudu totally a waste of space in mid-field. Steve Lawson worked his socks off but had little support around him. Virtanen again very hit and miss with loads of uncontrolled headers and punts to no-one. We were far, far better with the inclusion of Tehei & One near the end.

Referee was again very inconsistent, but played 5/6 minutes extra due to Cove's goalie persistently time wasting and did give us a free kick in the penalty box which led to the equaliser.

Think we would have won it, if we had another 5 mins extra on top of time played, but defence was leaky again and your Ellis Brown at RB brushed off the ball far too often. Steve Lawson MOTM IMO.

Funny how we all see games differently but I thought Lawson was awful today. Him and Virtanen contributed next to nothing.
Gav
Championship

Postby Nike01 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:28 pm

Ok.
Some of the players simply aren’t good enough, but is the manager getting the best out of them, be it personally or as a whole? No.
Brown before Doyle at right back any day of the week. Latter has no pace.
Ditto McGinn before Shiels.
Just give us 2 exciting full backs. Give us some hope. If we had some centre backs that would work, but of course we don’t. Square pegs in round holes.
Lawson and Martin simply lacking competition for places..
Why, why, why play 4-2-3-1? The 3 are a complete waste of space, whether in attack or in defence. The number of times in transition, when we lose the ball, we have 5 players on the wrong side of the ball is simply unbelievable!
Ngandu is unbelievably so lazy. He’s been substituted at half-time in the last 2 games. If he’s anywhere near the team or the bench in the next game, I’ll take a turn.
PS. You’re footballers! You’re allowed to tackle!!!! The reason why the other teams look good is because we sit back and make them look good. Some aggression would be helpful. As would a bit of training on the process, so we press as a team.
I very rarely give the players grief during the game, instead usually resorting to rant and rave at the officials.
But, we are very, very wrong at the top of the club, and until that’s sorted, what’s on the park is simply going to reflect that fact.
Ups and downs, but I’m getting older, and not sure we’ve not got further to fall. How far? And you usually fall much quicker than you get back up.
Why am I a Hamilton fan? Because I was born and raised a Hamilton fan. But, please don’t take it for granted.
If the executive don’t have footballing aspirations, then please move aside. I’m happy to take the rough with the smooth. I follow the team. I don’t follow you. It’s the fans’ club, not yours. If there aren’t enough fans and not enough money to support anything better than we’re getting just now, then fine - we get what we deserve. I’ve no problem with that. But, when you’re in charge of any football club, at any level, the club simply comes first. Not your personal interests.
Nike01
Pub League

Postby southoftheborder » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:52 pm

If the answer is Brown - then you're asking the wrong question!

Also disagree about Lawson - yes, first half not in it, but then who was.

Second half a massive difference - MoM second half. Also credit to Tiehi for creating a bit of passion.

Would like to see more of McGinn.
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:35 pm

Nike01 wrote:Ok.
Some of the players simply aren’t good enough, but is the manager getting the best out of them, be it personally or as a whole? No.
Brown before Doyle at right back any day of the week. Latter has no pace.
Ditto McGinn before Shiels.
Just give us 2 exciting full backs. Give us some hope. If we had some centre backs that would work, but of course we don’t. Square pegs in round holes.
Lawson and Martin simply lacking competition for places..
Why, why, why play 4-2-3-1? The 3 are a complete waste of space, whether in attack or in defence. The number of times in transition, when we lose the ball, we have 5 players on the wrong side of the ball is simply unbelievable!
Ngandu is unbelievably so lazy. He’s been substituted at half-time in the last 2 games. If he’s anywhere near the team or the bench in the next game, I’ll take a turn.
PS. You’re footballers! You’re allowed to tackle!!!! The reason why the other teams look good is because we sit back and make them look good. Some aggression would be helpful. As would a bit of training on the process, so we press as a team.
I very rarely give the players grief during the game, instead usually resorting to rant and rave at the officials.
But, we are very, very wrong at the top of the club, and until that’s sorted, what’s on the park is simply going to reflect that fact.
Ups and downs, but I’m getting older, and not sure we’ve not got further to fall. How far? And you usually fall much quicker than you get back up.
Why am I a Hamilton fan? Because I was born and raised a Hamilton fan. But, please don’t take it for granted.
If the executive don’t have footballing aspirations, then please move aside. I’m happy to take the rough with the smooth. I follow the team. I don’t follow you. It’s the fans’ club, not yours. If there aren’t enough fans and not enough money to support anything better than we’re getting just now, then fine - we get what we deserve. I’ve no problem with that. But, when you’re in charge of any football club, at any level, the club simply comes first. Not your personal interests.

You do realise that McGowan is in charge of the club. The man has no interest in football just his pet projects. Until we can find someone, anyone daft emough to invest in the club we are stuck with him
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Nike01 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:01 pm

Was poiting the finger as much at his predecessors, who are just as culpable insofar as they knew who they were passing the keys to.
Nike01
Pub League

Postby Nike01 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:08 pm

South of the border

What’s the question?

He’s the answer at the right back.
With his pace, he can scare the living daylights out of the opposition’s wingers, and keep them well away from our box. Doyle is off the pace. What does he bring to the table?

Martin (who I accept isn’t in form) is the battler.

Sorry, but what’s Lawson’s forte? I’ve never seen him slice a team open with a pass. And, he definitely doesn’t put his foot on the ball and dictate the pace of a game. And in the last two games, 3 or4 of his corners go straight out of play. But, he’s in my team cos there’s no alternative.
Nike01
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:28 am

Lawson created the goal which got us back to 4-2 on Saturday and had a good second half.

As for the rest of the game,if we had played Tiehi from the start we would have won irrespective of our dodgy defence.

Quite a few folk left at 4-1,so their loss and those fans plus the stay aways missed a great comeback.Still not good enough at the end of the day,but I didn't think this team had it in them to come back from three goals down against anybody,so credit is due.

Two difficult games coming up against two of the form teams and it is imperative we pick up points as we don't want Cove getting 4/5 points in front due to goal difference being worth an extra point.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:25 pm

Spot-on post, YOH.

Bad decsison by Rankin/Daz to leave both Ngandu and Smith on for do long in the first half when neither were making any impact. Tiehi on earlier with his bulk strength, and head-ons WOULD have made an impact on their defence. He HAS to start before either of the above next game.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies